Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 2007 Price increase

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by redbird2000
If GM raises the price on the 2007 ZO6 another $5,000 I will most likely pay it. However if the dealer adds a $5,000 ADM to the car they can kiss my a** and keep the car.
It is just the affliction I have against paying over MSRP for a car and I can assure you it is not the $$$$.
An additional 5K for what improvements to justify that amount? It just ain't gonna happen....at least it better not or we'll be cancelling our order.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
An additional 5K for what improvements to justify that amount? It just ain't gonna happen....at least it better not or we'll be cancelling our order.
No one knows yet. There aren't $5K worth of improvements.
It's just that GM may be in a position to boost it's price a bunch, as '06 MSRP was obviously too low. Just a thought, not a prediction. To me $5K sounds like too much.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird2000
However if the dealer adds a $5,000 ADM to the car they can kiss my a** and keep the car.
It is just the affliction I have against paying over MSRP for a car and I can assure you it is not the $$$$.

I understand, when I first went shopping I hung up on the dealer who told me $10K over. This is your right and personal choice... However, it may mean that you either won't get the car or you will wait for quite a long time to buy one at MSRP.

For you that may be OK. But for me, with the kind of driving I do, and my needs and wants, doing without this car was not a viable option. There is simply nothing else out there in the marketplace that meets the Z06's performance standard for anywhere near the price with or without dealer markup.

And I doubt the dealers asking $5K or $10K over will "keep" the car, they will sell them all until the demand eases.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TrackNoob
When Frito Lays overprints "99 cents" onto their 'GrabBag', you can bet that's what retailers are likely to charge, and you can bet that is what consumers who purchase are goingto pay. If it wasn't important, they would not establish it.

I agree in essence with most of your post except the above comment about Frito Lay. This is not a valid analogy. Frito Lay produces plenty of "GrabBags" to go around. And there are other brands of chips out there that are very similar in taste and quality to Frito Lay's brands. Therefore, you won't pay more than 99 cents and may even pay less than "sticker price" in some cases.

However, if you had to wait 6 months for a bag of potato chips to be produced or get on a waiting list. And there were no competitive brands that tasted as good. You can bet that the price would go up regardless of what FritoLay or anyone else printed or stamped on the bag! This is because the "iron hand of self interest" kicks in.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:03 AM
dave07z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAMS67427
: Well said!!! I don't want to pay over MSRP either,But, If one is not lucky enought to find that special dealer that is willing to let go of the Super Machines @MSRP....And one can afford it,Why shouldn't he not just go on and Do It and start enjoying the New C6 Z06 Experience.....I have never heard anyone say, that after driving one of these Beasts,and that if they could go back and do it again,They just might even be willing to give a little more to do it the next time around!!!!!This may be me in about 2 weeks.
Do it! You wont regret it. I was at a Corvette show yest. 3 Z's there all paid over and we stole the show. It was held at a Chevy dealer and they had a blk Z that just arrived from B.G. for 10k over and werent budging.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 AM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Exterminator
I understand, when I first went shopping I hung up on the dealer who told me $10K over. This is your right and personal choice... However, it may mean that you either won't get the car or you will wait for quite a long time to buy one at MSRP.

For you that may be OK. But for me, with the kind of driving I do, and my needs and wants, doing without this car was not a viable option. There is simply nothing else out there in the marketplace that meets the Z06's performance standard for anywhere near the price with or without dealer markup.

And I doubt the dealers asking $5K or $10K over will "keep" the car, they will sell them all until the demand eases.
If someone wants one of these awesome rides and by him choosing to pay over MSRP,if by doing so he does not compromise his family needs by anyway. Why shouldn't he,.... LIFE IS SHORT.. ENJOY THE RIDE!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 AM
bhvette97
Instructor

I though about getting in line for a Z, but for the looks of it the ones I have seen for sale have not held up their value like I would have expected. I have seen a few for 70k. Would scare me seeing that I would pay 80k for the car and lose 10k on a car in a few moths, with very little miles.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Adrenaline Junky
Racer

If I had it do over again, I would gladly have paid 5 or 7 over MSRP now that I know how awesome this car is ( 6124 miles ) Why wait to experience the passion this beast generates ? It was just plain torture the last few months !
Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junky
If I had it do over again, I would gladly have paid 5 or 7 over MSRP now that I know how awesome this car is ( 6124 miles ) Why wait to experience the passion this beast generates ? It was just plain torture the last few months !
RIDE ON !!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
zeeman
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
No one knows yet. There aren't $5K worth of improvements.
It's just that GM may be in a position to boost it's price a bunch, as '06 MSRP was obviously too low. Just a thought, not a prediction. To me $5K sounds like too much.
Too low????? Explain why then GM lowered the base price on the Z06 last January by a whopping $110?

Zeeman
(waiting on three lists @ msrp)
Old 05-22-2006, 11:46 AM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ralph white
I heard $6,500. for 2007.
It is impossible for me to believe GM would raise the price a full 10%, or even 3 or 4%. It just doesn't make sense. That would effect sales, and give them a black eye with vette customers they can't afford. Maybe a 1% increase...
Old 05-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bhvette97
I though about getting in line for a Z, but for the looks of it the ones I have seen for sale have not held up their value like I would have expected. I have seen a few for 70k. Would scare me seeing that I would pay 80k for the car and lose 10k on a car in a few moths, with very little miles.
I would suggest that you put your money in the stock market or buy gold, either bullion or gold futures. If you are that concerned about resale value or depreciation, this (maybe any) car is definitely not for you.

When I bought the car I knew the car would depreciate. Every new car depreciates. The difference is there is no car available that offers this kind of performance at anywhere near the price point. BMW supposedly has lower depreciation, however, look at the fun+performance/dollar ratio - it sucks compared to the C6Z.

Another thing, as far as I'm concerned, I bought the car to drive. That means lots and lots of miles. It is not a garage queen. For me, the car is a consumable asset. And baby, guess what? I'm consuming with gusto and enjoying every mile! My face gets sore from grinning all the time I am driving the car. [no exageration] I've owned many performance/sports cars in my life and driven many, many more - but never one like this!

Much of the whining about pricing/depreciation being posted here must be by those who have never driven the car and have no idea what they are missing. The C6Z shattered my concepts of what a sports/performance car could be right off the showroom floor. The bar has been raised!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:24 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I would suggest that you put your money in the stock market or buy gold, either bullion or gold futures. If you are that concerned about resale value or depreciation, this (maybe any) car is definitely not for you.

When I bought the car I knew the car would depreciate. Every new car depreciates. The difference is there is no car available that offers this kind of performance at anywhere near the price point. BMW supposedly has lower depreciation, however, look at the fun+performance/dollar ratio - it sucks compared to the C6Z.

Another thing, as far as I'm concerned, I bought the car to drive. That means lots and lots of miles. It is not a garage queen. For me, the car is a consumable asset. And baby, guess what? I'm consuming with gusto and enjoying every mile! My face gets sore from grinning all the time I am driving the car. [no exageration] I've owned many performance/sports cars in my life and driven many, many more - but never one like this!

Much of the whining about pricing/depreciation being posted here must be by those who have never driven the car and have no idea what they are missing. The C6Z shattered my concepts of what a sports/performance car could be right off the showroom floor. The bar has been raised!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junky
AJ, I now realize that some people just don't know because they haven't driven one and, sadly, may never know because of crystalized thinking and rigid adherence to some self-imposed rule of not considering the car because of supply & demand pricing that is currently the case. By viewing the dealers as "evil" and hanging on to their precious cash they are simply missing out on one of the best driving experiences known to man.

It may be that driving is not important enough to them. It may be that they just don't know what the car really is. Ignorance may be bliss.

All I know is what my wife told me just before I gave up my strict adherence to never paying over MSRP: "You will never regret the things that you do, only the things that you don't do, if this car will make you happy - buy it now and begin enjoying it!"
Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Zeeman
Too low????? Explain why then GM lowered the base price on the Z06 last January by a whopping $110?
Zeeman
(waiting on three lists @ msrp)
I haven't a clue!
My guess would be the 30-60-90 day syndrome that we used to have at our hospital. By the time each successive level of administration is notified of a question or change, and by the time that answer goes back down through the hierarchy, everything in the world is different, and the original question or change no longer makes any sense.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Adrenaline Junky
Racer

E you're right on the mark. One should try to live their life trying to walk the walk instead of remaining in a stasis of equivocation.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jazzlove
It is impossible for me to believe GM would raise the price a full 10%, or even 3 or 4%. It just doesn't make sense. That would effect sales, and give them a black eye with vette customers they can't afford. Maybe a 1% increase.
I don't think they would go that high, but to me it would make enough sense if they did.
@10% over it's still by far the best bang-for-the-buck out there.
Black eyes heal in about 2 weeks.
They'd still sell all they make. The dealers would get way less markups.
I still think 1% sounds more reasonable.

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Price increase

Old 05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
dave07z
Racer

I have a Blk 06Z I pd 5k over for. I want an 07 as well so to all the whiners and people with all the money but dont want to pay to play - please stay on the msrp list so I can get another one for 5k over.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
bhvette97
Instructor

I really am not complaining about the car. I have driven one, loved the car. Very good buy for the money. I usually turn a new car every year, so resale is an issue for me. However if I do decide to go with the Z I would probably just keep it in my garge for a little longer. My only problem with the car is I just wish they would make a Z in a Vert.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:55 PM
zeeman
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dave07z
I have a Blk 06Z I pd 5k over for. I want an 07 as well so to all the whiners and people with all the money but dont want to pay to play - please stay on the msrp list so I can get another one for 5k over.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2007 Price increase