Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Tried to buy new "unspoken for" Z06 and...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 05:54 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Default Tried to buy new "unspoken for" Z06 and...

Last week, my dealer told me of a VY Z coming in this week at MSRP (2LZ pkg) that was NOT sold.

I pulled out my Visa for the deposit and told them I wanted to purchase it. Suddenly I was told that "they" had to check on it to make sure it was not a "demo" for the owner.

Ten minutes later I was told that it was not for sale and they were not sure what they were going to do with it.
Are you sure it's not for sale I inquired? Nope, not for sale.

OK, one week later, on a Sunday, I am driving past the dealership and decided to stop by. Lo and behold, there's a VY Z06 sitting on the showroom floor FOR SALE!!! It had a $10,000 ADM affixed to the maroney sticker.

I was floored. I have purchased 6 NEW Corvettes from this dealership, a new LT Silverado, a new Mailbu Maxx, and a new Monte Carlo within the last 7 years!!

There was no one in authority to speak with so I left with the intention of coming back during the work week...........

Three days later, I decided to go back and "talk" to the GM.

Upon arrival, the Z06 was gone...........sold at AUCTION the night before............for $81,000.................

Talk about pizzed...............I am still.................

Comments?
Old 03-18-2006, 05:58 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 755 Likes on 306 Posts

Assuming you work for a company, Would you turn down a $10K Bonus?
Old 03-18-2006, 06:04 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
Last week, my dealer told me of a VY Z coming in this week at MSRP (2LZ pkg) that was NOT sold.

I pulled out my Visa for the deposit and told them I wanted to purchase it. Suddenly I was told that "they" had to check on it to make sure it was not a "demo" for the owner.

Ten minutes later I was told that it was not for sale and they were not sure what they were going to do with it.
Are you sure it's not for sale I inquired? Nope, not for sale.

OK, one week later, on a Sunday, I am driving past the dealership and decided to stop by. Lo and behold, there's a VY Z06 sitting on the showroom floor FOR SALE!!! It had a $10,000 ADM affixed to the maroney sticker.

I was floored. I have purchased 6 NEW Corvettes from this dealership, a new LT Silverado, a new Mailbu Maxx, and a new Monte Carlo within the last 7 years!!

There was no one in authority to speak with so I left with the intention of coming back during the work week...........

Three days later, I decided to go back and "talk" to the GM.

Upon arrival, the Z06 was gone...........sold at AUCTION the night before............for $81,000.................

Talk about pizzed...............I am still.................

Comments?
I think they lost a good customer!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:10 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlaznZ06
Assuming you work for a company, Would you turn down a $10K Bonus?

no.............but I AM addressing the issue of "customer loyalty" here.

They have made WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than $10K off of my past purchases.........................and unfortunately have lost any further revenue from me or my family and MANY MANY business associates.

Oops, I did forget to mention that our Harley Davidson dealership made $18 million last year........................
Old 03-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by curvesman
I think they lost a good customer!
The dealer can do what he wants, it's his business, but he loses a good customer. Long term, dollar wise, the dealer is the loser but he is not thinking past that extra $10,000 in his pocket at the moment. Make sure you remind the dealer every time you buy another car.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Icebourg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As always money talks. I was told by a dealership that they were getting a ZO6 (06) and that they were going to raffle tickets just to bid on it.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:55 PM
bondmid003
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Icebourg
As always money talks. I was told by a dealership that they were getting a ZO6 (06) and that they were going to raffle tickets just to bid on it.
I can't believe that Chevy dealerships are resorting to treating their customers like this. My chevy dealer had no problem letting me be the first on their list and didn't try to scalp at all.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:56 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

They have made WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than $10K off of my past purchases.........................and unfortunately have lost any further revenue from me or my family and MANY MANY business associates.

Oops, I did forget to mention that our Harley Davidson dealership made $18 million last year........................

I understand your frustration about customer loyalty.

Now, lets talk about mark-ups on Harleys.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:17 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
:, the dealer is the loser but he is not thinking past that extra $10,000 in his pocket at the moment.
I have not met a dealer yet that didn't have this mentality.

I even think its very poor customer loyalty not to sale the Z to someone who has bought that many cars from them under MSRP.

Seeing how the car is billed out to the dealer at around $58k.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:58 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebourg
Honestly, who in this world would allow themself to be a part of that nonsense. You first need to qualify for an opportunity to play who is the biggest sucker in town.

Ask the management of that particular Chevy store if they remember the market collapse scenario of the C5 ZO6 where there was take-it-or-leave-it @ 10 grand over followed by the market is saturated and they advertised 10K under MSRP and sold for 12K under. Unlikely that they will have any interest in discussing that fiasco.

Use your head, wait it out and watch the same guys put on the knee pads again.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:06 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 597 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

That is not cool.

Most dealers are azzhats and that just proves it !
I rember last year when the c6 first came out the local dealers were charging 5 to 7 k over
Old 03-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

RRRINNNGGG!
It's the phone, Honey, would you get it?

It's the dealer! He says another one's coming in and he says you can have it for MSRP!!

NO? YOU"RE STILL SULKING?

Oh, Honey no! Bob, our neighbor will buy it then....

Last edited by Hoonose; 03-18-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I have not met a dealer yet that didn't have this mentality. I even think its very poor customer loyalty not to sale the Z to someone who has bought that many cars from them under MSRP.
Seeing how the car is billed out to the dealer at around $58k.
This is business not fantasyland!

Business = market value (or more).

Fantasyland = gimmee.

Last edited by Hoonose; 03-18-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:41 PM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

There's a lot of dealers buring bridges in the name of an easy buck. They may get their precious 10K extra profit now, but they'll lose that many times over because if my business goes elsewhere it will STAY gone.

This is exactly what happend with me in 2000. Ford Dealer I had done business with for years got a Cobra R and wouldn't budge off the 10K "market adjustment" B.S. I had first dibs, and refused to pay it, and took mine, my parents, and my cousin's business with me. They've lost that 10K of greed several times over now as I have not darkened their door since. You'd think they'd value 12 years of loyalty from a long time customer, but unforunately they do not.

Last edited by ANTIVNOM; 03-18-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:45 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Is that gross or net? Big diff you know. If you made that much last year, I can't see why you wouldn't have already bought one. I don't make anywhere near that and I waited till 11/9/05 to get mine. THAT almost killed me . Also if I made that much money, I would have offered a little incentive to the dealership . After all whats 10k when you just made 18 mil..........right?
Old 03-18-2006, 08:47 PM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

Default same thing

i threw out offers to buy (at msrp) a red z06 at about 10 dealerships around me. i was laughed at. had many dealers tell me they sold the first ones way over sticker but they were not going to treat people like that anymore. then when they get one diffrent story, greed sets in.

i just bought a red z06 a couple of days ago, cause when they called within 20 minutes i was filling out paperwork. didn't give them time to think or make more phone calls etc. i acted on it right then. i missed a yellow one because i did the credit card thing and had some conditions etc. was slow to get back down to the delership. so act fast.

mb
Old 03-18-2006, 08:55 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

I understand your frustration about customer loyalty.

Now, lets talk about mark-ups on Harleys.

After 35 years as a Harley dealer, I can only speak for our dealership.

I do not know which dealership you are talking about, but we have NO mark up on any of our motorcycles. All are sold at MSRP with no "hidden" extras.

BTW, we sold over 530 new motorcycles last year with no additional mark up.

Additionally, our dealership, for the last two years, has received the Harley Davidson Gold Bar and Shield Circle of Excellence Award, which is only awarded to the TOP 25 dealers in the United States. (WE were number 2 in the nation, BTW).

You don't receive this award for screwing the public.

Honesty, genuine concern for the customer and going the extra mile to insure that the customers buying experience is the best he can receive is our goal. We do not fall short here.

We continually strive to exceed customer expectations...... and do daily. We are like "Kerbeck", except in the H-D world.............I invite you to come and visit anytime you like, you'll see what I mean............

Craig Durrell
H-D/Buell of Lakeland
Lakeland, FL

Last edited by VNAMVET; 03-18-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tried to buy new "unspoken for" Z06 and...

Old 03-18-2006, 09:09 PM
m3corvette
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I myself buy 3 new vehicles every year. I had a deal for MSRP for my Z06 with that dealer and when the order time came they tried to stick it to me for an extra 10k. They said they were doing me a favor. I said it was their right in business to do this, but if they do to me, I will never buy from them again. Their response was "you won't do that". I bought 4 new vhicles since then, and none from them and never will again. That's my right as a consumer. They made their 10k, but what did they lose on the 4 cars so far with many more to come. Sounds like good business on their part to me! NOT!!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:10 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hoonose
This is business not fantasyland!

Business = market value (or more).

Fanatasyland = gimmee.

Exactly the point I was making.

Its fantasy not to expect the $10k mark-up over MSRP as well at this point in the game.

Expect the mark-up and be Thankful for MSRP.

Last edited by BlaznZ06; 03-18-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:13 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

I can only speak of our dealership and I do not know which dealership you are talking about, but we have NO mark up on any of our motorcycles. All are sold at MSRP.

BTW, we sold over 530 new motorcycles last year with no additional mark up.

Additionally, our dealership, for the last two years, has received the Circle of Excellence Award, which is only awarded to the TOP 25 dealers in the United States. (WE were number 2 in the nation, BTW)

WE strive to exceed customer expectations...... and do daily. We are like "Kerbeck" in the H-D world.............I invite you to come and visit anytime you like, you'll see what I mean............

Craig

It sounds good that you sale for MSRP.

But, the mark up is already there, hince the $18 million made last year.

Last edited by BlaznZ06; 03-18-2006 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Tried to buy new "unspoken for" Z06 and...