Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Production Stooped???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Bankruptcy protection is only a financial managment tool for conducting business.

No big deal.
It is NOW...unbelievable how things have changed. Look at MCI and their Chapter 11. They were able to shed billions in debt and come out ready to drive competitors with similiar debt...out of business. What an environment where the cheaters and hoods are rewarded.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by louieT

Screw China.. and screw Wal-Mart for being communist..

I could not agree more but when is the rest of the USA going to get it? We are having some icing in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Schools are out and most people stayed home today. As I was driving to my operations I passed a Wal-Mart at 7:00 AM this morning and the lot was full! It was full again at lunch. No one can get to school or work but everyone can get to Wal-Mart. I have not been in a Wal-Mart in years and have no plans to go.

Several businesses that sponsored my race cars in the past that started doing business with Wal-Mart are now out of business and the products Wal-mart buys are from China.

When are we going to learn?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:42 PM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Screw China.. and screw Wal-Mart for being communist..

Originally Posted by Painrace
I could not agree more but when is the rest of the USA going to get it? We are having some icing in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Schools are out and most people stayed home today. As I was driving to my operations I passed a Wal-Mart at 7:00 AM this morning and the lot was full! It was full again at lunch. No one can get to school or work but everyone can get to Wal-Mart. I have not been in a Wal-Mart in years and have no plans to go.

Several businesses that sponsored my race cars in the past that started doing business with Wal-Mart are now out of business and the products Wal-mart buys are from China.

When are we going to learn?
with both of you guys, I refuse to shop at a store that supports communism
Old 12-15-2005, 02:57 PM
mikeerbC6
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 3-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

walmart is the devil
Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
own2vettes
Melting Slicks

Bankruptcy doesn't mean anything. My girlfriend in high school had this uncle that had his fingers in all these different business pots. I used to call him "The Higgler". He was always involved in some different business scheme, i.e. pool cover businees, video poker machine franchise, neon shoelace distributor, real estate "development". I'm sure you know the type. Anyway, this guy used to file for "bankruptcy" all the time. He still managed to live well though. Always seemed to have new high end cars, etc... The type of guy that when you shook his hand, you had to make sure to count your fingers afterward.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:36 PM
webmaster69
Heel & Toe

Ya I think this is the problem that held mine up with the polished wheels. Why is every company filing bankruptcy?? That is not a good sign. But the economy is doing great the Gov't says..
The Government is B****ting us! The economy is not doing that well. Business around here are very, very slow and/or calling it quits. First time for most businesses here. Prices of material are ski high - sign of struggling times.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Greg Gore
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Not only does your money go to China when you buy at WalMart but just think what they will do with all that money! And it's not good!!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:29 PM
z06dailydriver
Racer

China has figured out they can bleed us dry and rein supreme without resorting to war. They are buying out petroleum reserves in South America through treaties and anywhere else they can grab oil without much visibility. Guess what happens when they have more control of goods and oil consumed by the US. The Big Squeeze.

The tragedy is the big coporations will move outside the country and continue to do business after we citizens are left as a second rate country. That's our legal system - loopholes and tax havens.

A cow that longer gives milk is slaughtered.

My 2c

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Production Stooped???