Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Saw my first Z today at a dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 06:37 PM
greentank
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw my first Z today at a dealer...

black with 2LZ pckg.....$68.7k. The car was at Rockenback Chevy in Illinois. I called first on a whim, and sure enough, they said they had one on the floor. I told my GF that if I could get it at MSRP, I'd be buying it today.....knowing full well that there was no way that would happen.

Well, the trip was funny. Got hit up by a salesperson on our way into the store, asking us if we needed help. We said we were going to look at the Z06...and he smirked and was like "go on in" and didn't even try to follow. It was near the front - lots of sales people around, but not any customers really looking at the car. This was my first personal, up close sighting. All I can say is WOW...but you all know how amazing the car is, so I won't rehash the same old stuff...

Anyway, not a SINGLE sales person tried to talk to us. There were at least 7 within spitting distance doing nothing...but nobody tried. Probably because they knew nobody would be buying that car...not at $30,700 OVER STICKER!!! Rounded out to an even $99k. So, I'm now even more sure I want that car...but I'll let time tell me when it's right. Like, when I can get a car for MSRP in a reasonable amount of time.

Outside, we checked out some of the C6's covered in snow and salt.They did look quite tame compared to the beast. However, a salesperson did approach us outside - we said we were looking at the Z06, and that I'd be waiting until I could buy one for MSRP. The sales guy says that I'll be waiting TWO YEARS, and that chevy is only making 2000/year!!! They also claim to be the largest dealership in IL, but will only be getting 3 Z's per year. Whatever. Some sales guys just never think they're dealing with somebody informed.

Oh well. The wait for my baby may be long, but it'll be worth it. Besides, we'll probably start seeing used Z's hitting the market next fall - something to think about for sure.

Lou......can I put a deposit down on your USED Z???? PLEASE!!!

Old 11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

I already have 3 people who want my Z06 when I sell it in July.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:07 PM
R&D
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry, but no way in he!! would I pay $30k over MSRP for any car. These dealers MIGHT sell a couple, but I'd never buy anything from them in the future knowing they're price gouging like this.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by greentank
Rockenback Chevy in Illinois.

Have heard too many stories of that dealership and know of one first hand from a friend.

They don't even supply a tube of KY with their offers!

No thank you!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:59 PM
greentank
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Short-Throw

Have heard too many stories of that dealership and know of one first hand from a friend.

They don't even supply a tube of KY with their offers!

No thank you!
lol!

Grats to all who have theirs - its an amazing car.

My only fear now is that by the time I'm able to buy one at MSRP (or less) the new M3 will be out and make me think real hard about things. (buying a Z gives me one more car than I have garage spaces, while I can replace our vert with an M3 and stay at 3 cars total).

$30k over for a dealership in po-dunk Grayslake IL is just nutz. I'm guessing if they're firm on that price, it'll be there quite a long time. Soon I can go in and look at TWO or THREE Z's next to each other, all with $99k price tags. lol.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:27 AM
dg144
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Check out NW Indiana, I am getting my black 2lz with nav for msrp , due to the dealer 12/30.
Mike Anderson Chevy ask for Dave the corvette guy he sold my 50th vert for msrp when they were going for 5-7 over. Tell him the Eye Doc sent you in. We are only about an hour from Greyslake in Merrillville In

Good luck
Old 11-27-2005, 02:08 AM
greentank
Burning Brakes

Thanks Eye Doc - when I'm sure I'm ready, I'll head that way. Been to and through Merrilville many times - most my family is from either West Lafayette or Elletsville. Actually, I think I have an uncle who has a chevy dealership in Delphi...I dont know him that well, though, and I hate asking family for business favors.

Cheers!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:55 AM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

There is a black one for sale around here . The guy called the local dealer, who are friends of mine. and told him he had one for sale. It was too much for him . I would say that was an accurate statement seing as how I saw it just after that and it had a big dent in the rear passenger quarter panel . If I did that to my new Z, I would sit down and cry.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Barely Legal
Burning Brakes

I thought they were much closer to MSRP up there, especially this time of year. There is a big place in Michigan that people are getting them for MSRP on CF I think. You may have to wait 8-10 months but you should be able to get the car.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:56 AM
ididyourdate2
Advanced

wait for the price to drop...
Old 11-29-2005, 12:09 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by ididyourdate2
wait for the price to drop...
My dealer said that I could order one in January for 1000$ over........invoice.

Be patient, Grasshopper, and it shall come to you.

Perry
Old 11-29-2005, 06:36 AM
Yacht Captain
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

If you are looking for a straight shooting dealer in the Northern Illinois area you might want to try Stasek in Wheeling. I purchased my Z06 through them at MSRP. I was told that is the only way they sell their cars whether it is an order for a Z06 or any other hot Chevy product. I know they have delivered at least 5 Z06's to date.

If you look araound, I'm sure that there are others dealers that are at MSRP too. Stasek also has a very reputable Corvette service department too. Allocation could also be an issue with theose other dealers. Hard to sell something that you can't get.

re the other dealers; if you don't like their price you probably won't like going back there for service either. Just move on.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,122 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by greentank
However, a salesperson did approach us outside - we said we were looking at the Z06, and that I'd be waiting until I could buy one for MSRP. The sales guy says that I'll be waiting TWO YEARS, and that chevy is only making 2000/year!!!

I have heard that one too at Bill Turd Sugar Land!! I think all of the dealerships send their sales reps to the same sales BS training classes to pick-up tips on how to justify the dealer market adjust blackmail.

GOLD72
Old 11-29-2005, 08:37 AM
rbarta
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland is also asking 30k over, this from a dealership that has always told me they will not surcharge on Corvettes. It's been sitting in the showroom for about a month now. They also think it will be 2 years until MSRP. However the Z06 does make the Coupe and Convertible look pretty plain.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw my first Z today at a dealer...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Saw my first Z today at a dealer...