Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] I went to see the Red Z in Glendale, My Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:59 PM
KraZ
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default I went to see the Red Z in Glendale, My Impressions

Well, Saturday came and I had told my wife that some of the forum members know of a red C6 Z06 at Allen Gwynn Chev' and that we should go see it in person finally, let's see what we think, will it look as good in person as it does in pictures....??? Here is what we both agreed on, remember this is just our opinion, it only matters to us.
We arrived and parked my black 02 Z very close so that we can see both cars once inside. At first glance I couldn't believe the amount of orange peel on this thing !!! My 02 Z has far less orange peel than this car, so I told the sales rep to take a look at that poor paint job, what's going on at GM, I said, did they not have enough time to paint these supercars the right way??? He just shook his head...
I LOVED the HUGE meats in the back, thank you GM, it's about time. I liked the fender flare but my wife and I both agreed that if they would redesign the rear in a way so that it would be wider to cover those tires without flares, it would be more professional. There is no argument on price, this is the greatest supercar on planet Earth for the price. It would be nice if the front hood design in the would actually function as a ram-air effect or cool down the engine bay while still filtering out dirt from the outside. The rims are nice. The engine is what makes the Z....427, it's a euphoric number.
When we were done, we both agreed that our black 02 Z is just too darn sexy looking, that even though this new Z has the 427, we both agreed to wait and see what lies in the future of the supervette. Maybe then we will be totally sold.
I have pics if you want them, just give me your emails.
p.s. the car was already sold when we saw it.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:47 PM
ralph white
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Z06 In Glendale Viewing

in another words it was out of your budget range...??
Old 11-14-2005, 08:55 PM
louieT
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ralph white

Damn!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:58 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KraZ
When we were done, we both agreed that our black 02 Z is just too darn sexy looking, that even though this new Z has the 427, we both agreed to wait and see what lies in the future of the supervette. Maybe then we will be totally sold.
I have pics if you want them, just give me your emails.
p.s. the car was already sold when we saw it.
I've got a new Z (silver) and an '01 coupe, so I really have no axe to grind. In my opinion, the '02 Z is a very desirable car for the money, for spirited driving, with almost limitless mods available to take it to insane levels of performance. Of course, if money is not an issue, the new Z is really sweet
Old 11-14-2005, 09:02 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 755 Likes on 306 Posts

My thought exactly as I was reading it.

If you first start to look for the bad and complain means you're trying to justify your reasons to yourself why you can't buy it and make yourself feel better.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best response ever on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
greenshirt77
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Best response ever on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't that good.
Ok, it was pretty good.

Nice avatar there Jeffvette.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:23 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by greenshirt77
It wasn't that good.
Ok, it was pretty good.

Nice avatar there Jeffvette.

You can see a bigger pic at LG Motorsports page. Look in the pic section
Old 11-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Acropora
Intermediate

Porsche Twin Turbo here. There's always a bigger fish...
Old 11-15-2005, 12:18 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Acropora
Porsche Twin Turbo here. There's always a bigger fish...

C5 Twin Turbo here. 700 rwhp on pump gas - shark coming to eat your tadpole.....
Old 11-15-2005, 12:48 AM
RFC2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
C5 Twin Turbo here. 700 rwhp on pump gas - shark coming to eat your tadpole.....
116 horse 1992 Mazda Miata here. Just since we are checking in.

Yeah, its got the 5 speed so its really quick.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:40 AM
KraZ
Pro

Originally Posted by BlaznZ06
My thought exactly as I was reading it.

If you first start to look for the bad and complain means you're trying to justify your reasons to yourself why you can't buy it and make yourself feel better.
My friends, I can understand your response to my preferences and I kinda knew they were coming before I wrote it. But peoples tastes really do differ, that's why some have 50's 60's vettes and so on... It's not for me to try to convince you that I cannot afford the new Z or that because I can't have it I say certain things about it. The car was nice but just wasn't for me, I will wait for the C7 for a completely new design.
Hey, if you don't know by now that people have different tastes, well, then everybody is like a robot I guess....

Take care vetters and enjoy your new rides God Bless!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:51 AM
KraZ
Pro

I can't wait to go home and tell my wife that the forum thinks that if you don't want to buy a C6 Z it's because you can't afford one. She knows our financial status and will immediately begin laughing She will probably say, "honey, they're just kids..."
I dig you guys anyway, b'cause you dig vettes !
But you are funny
Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 AM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

My friends, I can understand your response to my preferences and I kinda knew they were coming before I wrote it. But peoples tastes really do differ, that's why some have 50's 60's vettes and so on... It's not for me to try to convince you that I cannot afford the new Z or that because I can't have it I say certain things about it. The car was nice but just wasn't for me, I will wait for the C7 for a completely new design.
Hey, if you don't know by now that people have different tastes, well, then everybody is like a robot I guess....

Take care vetters and enjoy your new rides God Bless!!!

I don't know you so I guess we're not friends.

You had opinion about the car. We had an opinion about your post. No difference.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Z06Vettefan
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

I can't wait to go home and tell my wife that the forum thinks that if you don't want to buy a C6 Z it's because you can't afford one. She knows our financial status and will immediately begin laughing She will probably say, "honey, they're just kids..."
But you are funny
Go post in the C5 forum. Honestly, your going to "tell" on us because some of us disagree with you? This is the C6 ZO6 forum. The C5 Z06 is yesterdays news and your post was nothing more than sour grapes.

Last edited by Z06Vettefan; 11-16-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Z06Vettefan
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

But you are funny

By the way, I think the C5 ZO6 tires are too skinny. I think the car is not very aggressive looking and it can't hold a candle to the C6 ZO6. Lastly, the C6Z pounds the C5Z in every area and it's really not even close.

How bout dem apples?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
greenshirt77
Drifting

I usually don't waste my time with replies in defense of someone I don't know, but I'm going to make an exception here and defend Kraz.

There has been a tendency here lately for some to get easily worked up anytime anyone posts an even slightly negative comment in regards to the new Z. Some of the responses to these comments are a bit overboard. Some are completely out of line.

There are posts that are clearly intended to stir things up, and there are posts that are simply another sports car/vette enthusiasts sharing his/her comments in a constructive manner, be they positive or negative.

People, it is okay for others to have negative thoughts and share them, as long as it's not in a disrespectful manner. The new Z is not going to be perfect to everyone, even if you think it should be.

To suggest in a reply that someone's negative impressions are somehow designed to make up for any shortcomings only makes the person replying appear to be making up for their own.

If it hurts too awfully bad when someone shares a negative remark(even by way of constructive criticism) in regards to your beloved Z, then maybe the forum isn't the place for you.

Find people close to you that love the car as much as you do and surround yourself with them and only them. Then you won't have to be subjected to the varying thoughts and opinions of others who may or may not love the Z as much as you do.

Time to loosen up fellas.
Tis just a car.

Get notified of new replies

To I went to see the Red Z in Glendale, My Impressions

Old 11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by greenshirt77
I usually don't waste my time with replies in defense of someone I don't know, but I'm going to make an exception here and defend Kraz.

There has been a tendency here lately for some to get easily worked up anytime anyone posts an even slightly negative comment in regards to the new Z. Some of the responses to these comments are a bit overboard. Some are completely out of line.

There are posts that are clearly intended to stir things up, and there are posts that are simply another sports car/vette enthusiasts sharing his/her comments in a constructive manner, be they positive or negative.

People, it is okay for others to have negative thoughts and share them, as long as it's not in a disrespectful manner. The new Z is not going to be perfect to everyone, even if you think it should be.

To suggest in a reply that someone's negative impressions are somehow designed to make up for any shortcomings only makes the person replying appear to be making up for their own.

If it hurts too awfully bad when someone shares a negative remark(even by way of constructive criticism) in regards to your beloved Z, then maybe the forum isn't the place for you.

Find people close to you that love the car as much as you do and surround yourself with them and only them. Then you won't have to be subjected to the varying thoughts and opinions of others who may or may not love the Z as much as you do.

Time to loosen up fellas.
Tis just a car.

But a post is like a joke "Its all in the delivery" or timing.

Someone once told me that you can say anything with a smile. Communication skills were needed in the first post so that Kraz didn't sound a little negative. You never know how somone will take what you write.

Anyway, I find it funny that people such thin skin here. People post just to get you riled up.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:56 PM
bjw
Advanced

JUST GOT A VR Z06 ; OWN A COMMEM. ED. 04 Z06 ; COMPARISON = BOTH ARE EXCELLENT CARS ; C6 Z06 IS A SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT IN HANDLING ; MORE NIMBLE FOR SURE ; SUPERIOR INSIDE ; BETTER SEATS ; TOO NEW TO COMMENT ON POWER DISTINCTIONS ; ORANGE PEEL --- ON BOTH VEHICLES IN CERTAIN LIGHT ; OTHERWISE PAINT IS GREAT ON BOTH OF THEM ; HARD TO BE CRITICAL IN THAT AREA ON EITHER ONE AND I AM VERY PARTICULAR ----SUMMARY : BOTH ARE A GREAT VALUE --- ESPECIALLY THE '06 ; ALSO OWN A ZR-1--- NICE CAR BUT HUGE ADVANCES WERE MADE WITH THE C5 AND C6 GENERATIONS.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:21 PM
ralph white
Instructor

Default Z06 Glendale Comments

C'mon guys...let's keep this fun...

A little jostling is good for spirit...

Not all of us like chocolate....

I hope this guy is loaded and can buy all of us out....

Great people on this site...I've made a bunch of super friends and they are all different...

Quick Reply: [Z06] I went to see the Red Z in Glendale, My Impressions