Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Once again.. GM did it right

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM
ProUmpire
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Once again.. GM did it right

For the fools in the other thread.. that think BMWS and other cars made by people who will not help us out in the war against terrorism are better ... you are kidding yourself... the interior on a computer screen looks totally different than in real life.. .the interior is differnt in the new z than in the c6 couple... I am telling you it is better quality...

For the idiot who thinks I have not seen very many cars.. considering my grandfather was president of GM for 38 years... I think I might know what I am talking... about.... I was not comparing it to other cars.. I was comparing to other vettes... wake up and read the whole paragraph buddy

Take care and what another fabulous product from GM
Old 11-04-2005, 05:20 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProUmpire
For the fools in the other thread.. that think BMWS and other cars made by people who will not help us out in the war against terrorism are better ... you are kidding yourself... the interior on a computer screen looks totally different than in real life.. .the interior is differnt in the new z than in the c6 couple... I am telling you it is better quality...

For the idiot who thinks I have not seen very many cars.. considering my grandfather was president of GM for 38 years... I think I might know what I am talking... about.... I was not comparing it to other cars.. I was comparing to other vettes... wake up and read the whole paragraph buddy

I have to agree. I love the interior..................
Old 11-04-2005, 06:33 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 756 Likes on 306 Posts

Anyone who has sat in mt car loves the interior, as do I.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
kcl98
Advanced

Default Pro Ump

You're exactly right. All that stuff about Corvette interiors/GM interiors in general is the same old automotive press drivel that I've been reading about for 20+ years. It's just a standard canned response because the automotive press can't find any other reason to criticize such a great car. Consider it a compliment. How about this for the foreigners: They've all got 1/2 to 3/4s of a motor under the hood & have no idea how to make power/acceleration without using boost and/or ridiculously trick gearing - and even those that actually use V8s, can't hold a candle to a Vette on a roadcourse.

'90 ZR1 #2870
Old 11-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Vettlldo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too bad I don't have enough loose change to go down and buy a new C6 Z06. However, my '04 vert is a great vette (other then the continuing leaking rearend).
Old 11-05-2005, 04:32 PM
KoreBoomer
Burning Brakes

"... BMWS and other cars made by people who will not help us out in the war against terrorism ....."

Give me a break.

They didn't agree with Bush's invading Iraq. And time is showing the lack of wisdom of that decision.

But the Euros have ALWAYS worked with the US in hunting down and arresting Islamic terrorists.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:41 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Originally Posted by KoreBoomer
"... BMWS and other cars made by people who will not help us out in the war against terrorism ....."

Give me a break.

They didn't agree with Bush's invading Iraq. And time is showing the lack of wisdom of that decision.

But the Euros have ALWAYS worked with the US in hunting down and arresting Islamic terrorists.
So true!!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:42 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BlaznZ06
Anyone who has sat in mt car loves the interior, as do I.
An interior is an interior, but when's a ZO6 interior it's much more special............
Old 11-05-2005, 04:53 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

what cracks me up was the review by the wall street journal....like some one from a financial rag can do a car review....of course they rag on the interior....its the only thing they can comment on ...
the interior of my z is excellent...nice fit and finish...and of materials i find more than acceptable for a high performance car....same for the body panel fit/ paint....

i have been in lots of the p cars they certainly are no better....plus my vette blows them away for less money!!!
now a f car...you know the one from italy, may be somewhat nicer but for the money it costs is should be....as far as the german ones go....they have nothing on the vette......in fact most i find most to be down right uncomfortable!!!

fact of the matter is the 06 z06 is the best high performance/ bang for the buck / comfortable new car one can buy at the present time....

LLTK!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For the fools in the other thread.. that think BMWS and other cars made by people who will not help us out in the war against terrorism are better ...
I'm quite certain that the folks who make BMW's round here would help out in the war against terrorism.

Factory's just down the road from me and I know lots of folks who work there. Welcome to a global economy...

Next you'll be telling me that the folks who make the Michelin tires over on Pelham Road aren't helping in the war on terrorism either.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasdude
An interior is an interior, but when's a ZO6 interior it's much more special............

I know how you feel! My ZR-1's interior feels utterly luxurious!! Now, it is the same as a coupe's interior, but when that motor sits under the hood, suddenly the leather feels more supple!!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
zr11990broken
Burning Brakes

actually most chevys are made in canada which doesnt support us in anything
Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
vette6799
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I think my interior looks acceptable at best. The Nav is second rate - take a look at what Honda puts in the Acura if you want to see a nice Nav system.

They could have done much better without spending much money.

I love the exterior and the performance, but the interior is merely OK, nothing special.

Then there are the two permanent warning labels on the visors - another touch of class.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:22 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vette6799
Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but I think my interior looks acceptable at best. The Nav is second rate - take a look at what Honda puts in the Acura if you want to see a nice Nav system.

They could have done much better without spending much money.

I love the exterior and the performance, but the interior is merely OK, nothing special.

Then there are the two permanent warning labels on the visors - another touch of class.

On the warning labels, never even noticed them.............I guess I will have to look. I won't lose any sleep over it.............perhaps they were put there for a reason...............
Old 12-05-2005, 07:31 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

WTF.... the guy just said his granfather was the president of GM and you guys are taking his posts seriously???

in his other post he says he cant get his way with a dealer and yet his family is GM royalty?
ban the :

Last edited by 427Z; 12-05-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:37 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Are you drunk? First your car gets stolen and now this?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:03 PM
redbird2000
Pro

You, my friend, need a whole team of therapists!

Get notified of new replies

To Once again.. GM did it right

Quick Reply: [Z06] Once again.. GM did it right