Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] first impression from a never-owned-an-american-car-ever-guy. 460 miles later...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C54CSTER
Your write-up makes you sound like a 15 year-old, not a 35 year-old. Actually, you sound retarded. Punctuation is a good thing, by the way. All that aside, glad you're happy with it.
You can't be serious..........but if you were....................

From your own sig. as of this post time:

'01 Z, Torch Red/Mod Red, Belangers, X-Pipe, PRTs, Vortex, Ripper, Halltech CF airbridge, 18/19 IForged, slammed, more Sold...but not forgotten

The 'ess' in the word 'Sold' should not be upper-case. Seems in all the excitement anyone can make a mistake with 'punchewation', huh?

Originally Posted by E55er
nuff said
E55er don't stoop. As your writing suggests, we all realize you were just banging out a quick thread to inform us of your early thoughts and you were consistent. Keep the updates coming!
Old 10-15-2005, 11:50 PM
CLpower
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, CL, I AM a "class act" and have been so on this forum for a long time. Come to think of it, I've been around here for over four years, so respect your elders.

yea, you just showed it

Gotta love the insecure ones
Old 10-15-2005, 11:59 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlicious
..Not cool!
Actually the "Ferrari's are for ****" comment was the "not cool" part. Please tell me that this ignorant back woods mentality is not "cool" with you.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:21 AM
E55 AMG
4th Gear

I have an '03 E55 and really wanted to trade it in for the Z06...wifey says no....I told her this car was the beast. The E55 is fast but i will never be able to get it faster than an 11.6@122 w/o NOS and I won't do that.

I spent $10-12K in mods and only have 0.5 off the ET...sucks. I could have a 550 rwhp C6 Z06 for that running high 10s! Arggg.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:11 AM
alexWS6
Drifting

z06>*

in for vids
Old 10-16-2005, 02:09 AM
snailpace
Drifting

The devil would drive a yugo.

GOD would drive this with a massaging of twin turbos. Ferraris are for some people with an above average interest in art form in automotive technology. Your post is as said made by an immature very lucky 35/15 year old, I did like some of your analogies. The c6z is by far an wide the greatest sportscar made to date price wise. The c6 forum is freakin funny mang. I hope in my ownership of a z I babble like you did and someone calls me 12 years old.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Yogivette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, how were you 15 years old in 1970 if you're only 35 years old now?
Not to take sides here but just because he was 15 doesnt mean he couldnt have wanted a 1970 chevelle. It would have just been used. Going with this logic if he is 35 now then he would have been 15 in 1985. Therefore he could have wanted and indeed bought a 1970 model. NOW if he said when he was 15 he wanted a 2001 Z06 then it would have been a problem.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 AM
JadeDragon
Pro

i drove my friends new viper for a week and all i can say is if you love your viper its because you feel so stupid for paying THAT much for THAT car. its junk and ive owned 4 dakotas which rock so i tried to give ole dodge the benefit of the doubt but im sorry, it does in fact....blow!

so where have i been all these years. im 35, have/had nice cars.
Hey man! Congrats on the new Z06! That was a fun write up.

Just a couple questions....you said you never owned an American made car, and yet you say that you've owned 4 Dodge Dakotas. Arent those American made?

Im 37 and honestly Im a little surprised that you could be so dismissive and insulting to other great sports cars out there at 35, even if you have a new Z06. I guess that's your right, but honestly I'm sorry I have to say that something smells fishy about your whole post. If you have a son in law old enough to drive your car to you, he must be a little older than your daughter, or do you trust a teenager with your new toy? Please excuse me if Im off the mark on this, but if somebody has earned enough money to afford all the great sports cars you mentioned, usually that comes with some small amount of humility and maturity.

Maybe I will understand the mentality better if you can tell us what kind of job you do that provides you with the money to buy all these expensive toys at such a young age. Did you inherit it? Of course I hate to pry and its none of my business, Im just curious. Maybe Im just very jealous!

Anyways, Im glad you are enjoying the new Z! Have fun and be safe!

Cheers!~~~JadeDragon
Old 10-16-2005, 02:27 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,930 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Originally Posted by E55 AMG
I have an '03 E55 and really wanted to trade it in for the Z06...wifey says no.
If your wife won't let you trade in your car for a newer model, then I guess you could always trade in your...uh, maybe I better not go there.

Good luck!

Michael
Old 10-16-2005, 04:02 AM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JadeDragon

Just a couple questions....you said you never owned an American made car, and yet you say that you've owned 4 Dodge Dakotas. Arent those American made?

Im 37 and honestly Im a little surprised that you could be so dismissive and insulting to other great sports cars out there at 35, even if you have a new Z06. I guess that's your right, but honestly I'm sorry I have to say that something smells fishy about your whole post. If you have a son in law old enough to drive your car to you, he must be a little older than your daughter, or do you trust a teenager with your new toy? Please excuse me if Im off the mark on this, but if somebody has earned enough money to afford all the great sports cars you mentioned, usually that comes with some small amount of humility and maturity.

Maybe I will understand the mentality better if you can tell us what kind of job you do that provides you with the money to buy all these expensive toys at such a young age. Did you inherit it? Of course I hate to pry and its none of my business, Im just curious. Maybe Im just very jealous!

Cheers!~~~JadeDragon
Some good points made, but he did say step son..............
Old 10-16-2005, 07:50 AM
hlv
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Cheers!~~~JadeDragon
Dakotas are not CARS!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Mike,

You da' man now!!!

My brother-in-law called me yesterday when you step son got to the dealer. When he called me I thought to was you who where picking up the Z. I told him to have you call me as we where having a dyno day at my shop and thought it would been cool to see the car. The shop is 20 minutes from the dealership.

How was his ride back?? The rained cleared out up here around 10 AM.

Sounds like you the reality is settling in!! Wait till it breaks in some more and welcome to the Corvette family! There is a lot of heritage that does with the vette. It is a rare breed of car that comes with many friends. I bet the AMG guys don't wave to each other in passing.....

As we discussed, break it in and when your ready for some more squeeze give me a call.

This was a classic vette success!

Howard
Old 10-16-2005, 08:54 AM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, CL, I AM a "class act" and have been so on this forum for a long time. Come to think of it, I've been around here for over four years, so respect your elders.
Boys ..Boys Let's not spoil the obvious excitement of a new Z06 owner. This is NOT a mine is bigger than yours forum.

I too have been on this forum for over 4 years and I DID own a NEW 1970 Chevelle SS back in the day. I can relate to the giddy excitement and feeling of invincibility with a new toy that just screams...but let's be nice....please.

Best of luck and have fun with the new car!! I'm sure you've earned it.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:55 AM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TripleBlack99
C54CSTER is an idiot. I have read almost everything there is to read on the 2006 Z06, and your little post was the most entertaining thus far.. very well written.
hey c54cstr, Didn't your mother tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. BTW are you an english teacher or just **** ? This guy is excited about his new car. Leave him alone . Some of us really enjoy when people express their true feelings about this car. If you don't, go to another thread. Its that easy. Congrats on the new Z! Enjoy!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:16 AM
E55er
Instructor

Cheers!~~~JadeDragon
trucks are not cars sir. im 35 my wife is 41. her son is 22 her daughter is 20. our kids are 3 and 5. their social security numbers are 223-22... i think you get it by now.

i started as a real estate appraiser trainee in 95. worked 70-80 hour weeks for months at a time with not one day off. got my realtor license in 97. started my own buisnesses so people wouldnt tell me how much money i was going to make. i would dictate how much me and my family would have.

the dismissive and insulting part is how i feel about the perfect car. the z06. and how every other car i ve had (34) has been 1 or 2 clicks short of what is perfect for ME

and how does understanding my mentality have to do with how much i make???

anyhoo, that one dude who said how are you 35 but dreamed about a chevelle when you were 15, blah blah blah. what the hell was that??? i still dream about an ss 454 ls6 fathom blue with white stripes.

oh and i did fudge on the car list guys. my bad, im caught! i left out the m3.
Attached Images  

Last edited by E55er; 10-16-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:34 AM
self1
Pro

Originally Posted by blandcastle
BTW are you an english teacher...leave him alone...
Exactly!

I just read the entire thread.

The original poster's story was witty, interesting, earthy, amusing, and it had what all great writing has in common: the ability to convey (to those who do not have a complete tin ear) the emotions, feelings, opinions and thoughts of the author. A bonus is if it does it in a way that challenges the reader to think for themselves!

Am I qualified to offer the above commentary? Well, I received a 780 out of 800 on the verbal portion of the GRE, am a Mensa member, have enjoyed reading for pleasure all my life, and write as a major component of how I have earned my living for 30 years.

What's my point?

Ignore the critics, let's have MORE Z06 first impression stories, of all writing styles!!! I, for one, am here for just that content!

:

Old 10-16-2005, 09:38 AM
self1
Pro

that one dude who said how are you 35 but dreamed about a chevelle when you were 15, blah blah blah. what the hell was that??? i still dream about an ss 454 ls6 fathom blue with white stripes.
Hey, I think if we all look into our hearts as to why we are interested in a Z06 (or even a <shudder> Viper ) it is for EXACTLY the reason that we 35-40-45-50-55-60-65... year olds want to feel the wonder that we had at 15, all over again!

Get notified of new replies

To first impression from a never-owned-an-american-car-ever-guy. 460 miles later...

Old 10-16-2005, 11:42 AM
DJ Self
Pro

Originally Posted by jvp
Good deal, I'm glad you're happy with it. Now drive it north to Reston tomorrow so I can drool on it. Just take 123 north to Fairfax Co. Pkwy north, to me. :-)

I promise. I won't hurt it. Much. >:-)

jas
Bring it down to Leesburg. I would love to see it. Also would like to see how it holds up against the 996 TT, Viper, and auto C6. From what I have read it should beat the Viper. And I think it will. But the Porsche I think might take it. And the auto C6 has a few little things. ( headers, high flow cats )

Let me know. And have fun with the Good ol USA power!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

E55, thanks for the write-up, enjoyed it a great deal, as I wait vicariously for my Z. I certainly appreciated the tongue-in-cheek style, and writing it like verbal monologue........that's what made it fun.

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone comes in and starts pi$$ing contests so often around here. It's a new phenom. to me, but most of my forum experience is on various classic car boards, where this kind of junk is pretty rare, except in jest.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:14 PM
n1kon
Instructor

Great write up...wish I was in your shoes, i'd probably be saying the exact same thing except the owning all of the other expensive cars

Quick Reply: [Z06] first impression from a never-owned-an-american-car-ever-guy. 460 miles later...