Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 goes for sale in Europe - set price is $150,835 US dollars.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:07 AM
C5_SWISS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T !!!!!

In Switzerland the price is 106 000 Swiss Francs, about US$ 83 000.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:33 AM
racer85
Advanced

I thought wtf? when I saw that claimed price of 123,000 Euros. Yikes! Good that its not true, and AutoBild is usually pretty accurate and a good source for prices.

" No wonder GM can't sell any Corvettes there."

I disagree on that. Ive seen far more C6's than Porsche 997 911's, 7 in total during the last three months. And 997's? A single one: The yellow press car used by journalists for reviews, quite a while before they even arrived on the market. And I live in Germany, so I know what Im talking about.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:42 AM
stephaneFR
Navigator

Default Not the correct price

JoeCool: 123450€ for the Z06

Yes it's terrible

Guru_4_Hire: Yes before the VAT of 19.6%

KGU: "No chance for Ferrari" is a title to sell magazines.

Ferrari are maybe expensive but the price of the vettes in Europe are about *2. The choice is quickly done.

In my opinion, GM hasn't make the right choice in marketing to determine the european price.

They have forgotten 'a price of launching' to take a definitive large part of market on BMW M3 and the next Z serie.

Remember we haven't a difference of quality. Basic Audi or BMW are more confortable and have a high level of quality for the interior.

The price is very important. They are evident facts like oil or differences between countries (culture) which not justify this difference of price.

If they want to keep this difference of price so they must develop the quality of plastics or the interior. The sound of the plastics are not good!

Of course, there is a difference of price between porsche in europe and in US. it ll be a nice innovation and a nice differenciation to break it to enter in a new market!

I think, and it's terrible, that a lot of potential C6 owners are waiting the new (hugly) M3 and it's terrible because V8 were waiting in Europe. Corvette is a pioneer in my head about performant V8.

It's just a waste of benefits in european market for this surprising car.

For a basic comparaison, owners of C6 could be in Z06 in function of the price.
It's like a shame to pay it in europe or like not understand the origin of the car.

The moto of C6 with the triple P in Europe must be: Price, Performance and Passion.

They haven't put the right card at the good moment and we prefer the old corvettes like your mustang which we prefer to see or ride during holidays in US.

Enjoy with your C6 and your 3.6% of croissance.

Last edited by stephaneFR; 09-24-2005 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:46 AM
self1
Pro

Originally Posted by stephaneFR
JoeCool: 123450€ for the Z06

Yes it's terrible

Guru_4_Hire: Yes before the VAT of 19.6%

KGU: "No chance for Ferrari" is a title to sell magazines.

Ferrari are maybe expensive but the price of the vettes in Europe are about *2. The choice is quickly done.

In my opinion, GM hasn't make the right choice in marketing to determine the european price.

They have forgotten 'a price of launching' to take a definitive large part of market on BMW M3 and the next Z serie.

Remember we haven't a difference of quality. Basic Audi or BMW are more confortable and have a high level of quality for the interior.

The price is very important. They are evident facts like oil or differences between countries (culture) which not justify this difference of price.

If they want to keep this difference of price so they must develop the quality of plastics or the interior. The sound of the plastics are not good!

Of course, there is a difference of price between porsche in europe and in US. it ll be a nice innovation and a nice differenciation to break it to enter in a new market!

I think, and it's terrible, that a lot of potential C6 owners are waiting the new (hugly) M3 and it's terrible because V8 were waiting in Europe. Corvette is a pioneer in my head about performant V8.

It's just a waste of benefits in european market for this surprising car.

For a basic comparaison, owners of C6 could be in Z06 in function of the price.
It's like a shame to pay it in europe or like not understand the origin of the car.

The moto of C6 with the triple P in Europe must be: Price, Performance and Passion.

They haven't put the right card at the good moment and we prefer the old corvettes like your mustang which we prefer to see or ride during holidays in US.

Enjoy with your C6 and your 3.6% of croissance.

Merci, for providing some 'local' perspective!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:30 AM
KGV
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The GM Europe web site shows 79,950 Euros for Germany, 82,450 Euros for France.

http://www.corvette-europe.com/index...4&FilterID=998

http://www.corvette-europe.com/index...2&FilterID=997

Cheaper that 123,450. Euros, but I still need either a lottery win , or about 10 years of depreciation, to be able to buy one.

Ken
Old 09-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Bwright
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by micro
The new Z06 costs £59,000 in the U.K.
That's about right. I was in London about a month ago and saw an Orange convertible in the Cadillac/Corvette store on tony Park Lane for £65,000.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Corvette Maniac
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every European country has a different tax system for automobiles... that's why there is a different price in all countries... in germany the Z06 starts @ 80k euro's.. here in the Netherlands @ 115k euro's... difference only because of our terrible tax system...

But still a bargain compared to the Porches and F-cars...
Old 09-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Coolvet
Racer

Default Just think about what it costs in Australia, then!!!

We have an additional burden and cost of importing a Z06 down here....we have to convert it to RHD as well!. That means we have to buy the car in the USA, ship it to a LA, put it in a container, pay for shipping and insurance, then pay for import duty (15%) then Goods and Services Tax (10%) then Luxury Car Tax (25%) then handling fees....and then we have to spend about $25k on converting it to RHD. The conversion involves building a new steering rack, making up numerous panels such as a new wiper panel (we have to move the wipers to the RH side), a new dash and center console, swap the door panels so the master switches are on the RH door, move the brake booster and m/cylinder, move the steering column, change over all the wiring and so on. It's a big job. There won't be much change out of $130k I figure.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:49 PM
gc12
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

The set price is 82450€ in France. My dealer made a nice effort and sold it to me for 76000€ after tax which can be considered as a decent rebate
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM
TNlowz06
Racer

May be relocating to Belgium.

Any of you Euros know what it takes for my car (2006 Z06) to be Euro legal and can I sell my car to a private party there?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

Dude - it's against policy to resurrect old threads. You should start a new thread.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 goes for sale in Europe - set price is $150,835 US dollars.