Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Follow-up on Maxie Price Z06's ordered for stock in front of us..

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:43 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Follow-up on Maxie Price Z06's ordered for stock in front of us..

This is what I was told:

- 9-13 cars were placed before us
- this represents 1.5 months of delay minimum for people on the list
- Monica claims she has no control once orders are submitted and does not see constraints
- The owner forced this to happen
Old 09-15-2005, 09:03 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not unusual... many other Dealers are doing the same thing.

Many dealers will Auction off the new Z06's until supply catches up with those willing to spend a preminium for the latest Thing !

The economy may be going into the Toliet and cars priced at 75 LARGE may quit moving. Afterall the C-6 Z06 really is a " TOY "... hard to justify in a resession.

Lets see what the market's like in 6 months or so.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:03 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I think that is very poor business if it is true.

Todd
Old 09-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

It sucks trying to be the first to get a new model.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:12 PM
self1
Pro

Default No substitute for a written contract with specifics...

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
This is what I was told:

- Monica claims she has no control once orders are submitted and does not see constraints
Huh.

That's odd...

Hmmm.

Well, now, wait just a minute, not so odd, 'cause I recently got educated on just this point. In fact, you were actually the very individual who recently informed me in no uncertain terms that the market ought to set prices for these cars, not MSRP, and that claiming you were in line for a car didn't really mean taking delivery of an actual car, you know, for real.

I am correct on that point, right? I haven't munged that up? It is what you said? I want to be careful not to misquote your position, that is in the record, here on CF....

So having a couple of higher rollers step in front of you in que shouldn't worry you too much, correct?

Relax! It's only time & money.

"Instant Karma's gonna get ya... slap you right in the face...."

Last edited by self1; 09-15-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:19 PM
CliffB-99
Melting Slicks

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts

This is what I was told:

Is Maxie Price going to refund the deposits of everyone on their waiting list? If this was not disclosed when they were collecting their $1000 deposits, looks like breech of the agreement to me. They've been collecting for years saying "We've got a big allocation." I don't ever remember them saying "we'll take your deposit for MSRP but not order it until we order a dozen to gouge the uninformed first."
Old 09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

total bummer!!!...however you can't blame dealers when they see people who are getting early cars for msrp and then have them on ebay for 20g more than they paid before they even have them .....

my dealer gave me their first allocation at msrp after i told him that i intend to run my new z06 into the ground, race it every chance i can....use it exactly what it was intended for....
he certainly had a concern about his first one being 'flipped' or sold for a profit.....and rightfully so.....

i bet he could get 10 to 15k over sticker for it....it is set to be built the last week of sept/first of oct.....

i cannot wait for the first autocross with it!!!!....anticipation is part of experience and excitement !!!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Tropical'67
Drifting

Originally Posted by trumper Z06
............... The economy may be going into the Toliet and cars priced at 75 LARGE may quit moving. Afterall the C-6 Z06 really is a " TOY "... hard to justify in a resession.

Lets see what the market's like in 6 months or so.
And that's why I'm hanging back. Meanwhile I'm enjoying my C6.

Last edited by Tropical'67; 09-15-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:29 PM
self1
Pro

Originally Posted by vettemaster1
total bummer!!!...however you can't blame dealers when they see people who are getting early cars for msrp and then have them on ebay for 20g more than they paid before they even have them .....

my dealer gave me their first allocation at msrp after i told him that i intend to run my new z06 into the ground, race it every chance i can....use it exactly what it was intended for....
he certainly had a concern about his first one being 'flipped' or sold for a profit.....and rightfully so.....

i bet he could get 10 to 15k over sticker for it....it is set to be built the last week of sept/first of oct.....

i cannot wait for the first autocross with it!!!!....anticipation is part of experience and excitement !!!
Me, I would chill until you hear it from the horse's mouth, about your OWN unique situation -- there have been a lot of examples of running off at the mouth, and jumping to conclusions and wrongful accusations lately. For instance, maybe only QuikAG lost his spot in line, due to some very personal issue. Then everyone could assume it applied to them as well, when in fact, it was only an individual issue.

Obviously, anyone with the foresight to have entered an enforcable contract has a cause of action, if rumors are true...

Others? Well, they have a story to cry over and tell their buds around some wings and beer.

IB4TL

Last edited by self1; 09-15-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:43 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

This is what I was told:

Could you be more specific as to what the problem is. Perhaps there is another thread that I have not seen that this ties in to, but reading the above, I'm not really sure what you are telling us happened.

thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 09:54 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

This relates to some confusion and as to whether any others on here can shed some light on the subject. The subject is several of us have had deposits for in excess of a year at Maxie Price and we were informed recently that several cars were moved ahead of us in the dealer queue for 'dealer stock' purposes before our orders will be filled.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:01 PM
self1
Pro

This relates to some confusion and as to whether any others on here can shed some light on the subject. The subject is several of us have had deposits for in excess of a year at Maxie Price and we were informed recently that several cars were moved ahead of us in the dealer queue for 'dealer stock' purposes before our orders will be filled.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:07 PM
CliffB-99
Melting Slicks

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts

Really short-sited thinking on the owner of Maxie Price's part. He basically just shut the door on many potential repeat Corvette loyalists/customers, so he could make a fast buck on someone who will pay extra for the latest fad, whether it be the new Vette, Viper, Porsche, whatever.

I feel sorry for Monica. He's put her in a tough spot...basically hung her and her credibility out to dry by bypassing the waiting list and deposits she has been building up for over a year....
Old 09-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Originally Posted by jschindler
Could you be more specific as to what the problem is. Perhaps there is another thread that I have not seen that this ties in to, but reading the above, I'm not really sure what you are telling us happened.

thanks
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1186375&forum_id=100

Old 09-15-2005, 10:12 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Thank you. I agree that this would not sit well with me at all. I hope that ya'll know that if they (Maxie Price) sell you a car at "MSRP", you will actually be paying $500 over MSRP as well.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:14 PM
RFENTON1
Instructor

Originally Posted by self1

Let's be nice to Monica this week. She's had a death in the family. Next week I can ask her why my #1 spot is still 3400 on her current report, and JDogg from this forum reports my car born 9-9-05 ID# 0795 ?
Something smells fishy? She might be overwhelmed by the loss in her family so I'm waiting till next week.
I'm at over MSRP
Old 09-15-2005, 10:15 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

Happened to me too.

Get notified of new replies

To Follow-up on Maxie Price Z06's ordered for stock in front of us..

Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 PM
self1
Pro

Originally Posted by RFENTON1
Let's be nice to Monica this week. She's had a death in the family. Next week I can ask her why my #1 spot is still 3400 on her current report, and JDogg from this forum reports my car born 9-9-05 ID# 0795 ?
Something smells fishy? She might be overwhelmed by the loss in her family so I'm waiting till next week.
I'm at over MSRP

Lot's of crazy rumors and bad info here lately. Everyone is keyed up and on edge. Let's not let anyone drive people over based on possibly unfounded rumors.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:54 PM
RFC2
Burning Brakes

To all. Watch what you say here. Being nasty or speculative will only get this closed. Really. And then no one will know what happened or not (or who cares or not).

Last edited by RFC2; 09-15-2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by self1
Huh.

That's odd...

Hmmm.

Well, now, wait just a minute, not so odd, 'cause I recently got educated on just this point. In fact, you were actually the very individual who recently informed me in no uncertain terms that the market ought to set prices for these cars, not MSRP, and that claiming you were in line for a car didn't really mean taking delivery of an actual car, you know, for real.

I am correct on that point, right? I haven't munged that up? It is what you said? I want to be careful not to misquote your position, that is in the record, here on CF....

So having a couple of higher rollers step in front of you in que shouldn't worry you too much, correct?

Relax! It's only time & money.

"Instant Karma's gonna get ya... slap you right in the face...."
Kind of like an answer on this one myself. I guess Karma can get you.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Follow-up on Maxie Price Z06's ordered for stock in front of us..