Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Follow-up on Maxie Price Z06's ordered for stock in front of us..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Steele
I think the fact this thread is open is commentary enough. MP can make money selling cars in this forum and advertise here, and we can be armed with as much information as possible via threads like these. That's fair enough for me. In fact, compared to the way this and other forums used to be run, it's far more open than we've seen before.

to CF!

Also dont forgot that we dont know what kind of contractual obligations the owners/administers are working with. It may be that they cant ditch MP or comment on the issue. Looking back this is not the only MP thread that they let run. Clearly they want forum users to have a chance to read these threads because otherwise they would be closed.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by 2k1 Vette
The bad part is that the forum executives have not commented on this. Troy and Jim (savewave) surely have to have an opinion on this somehow.
Your first sentence is patently false. Jim already commented in this thread and has also commented in the Steering Committee section.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by Scissors
Your first sentence is patently false. Jim already commented in this thread and has also commented in the Steering Committee section.
Wow Scissors...you got me there. You are correct, Jim did reply to this thread a month and a half ago when all of this was speculation and not FACT. Since then, including when you came back in and graced us with your presence, 267 other posts have been made that have shed a lot of light on this situation. Jims post back then was basically to say that he spoke with Monica and Monica told him that none of this was going on. Since then, I guess its been PROVEN a few dozen times that it is going on. What I want to know is what the forum admins think about this now that it is fact that Maxie Price is selling cars ahead of people that had deposits on new cars months/years ago.

As far as your "Steering Committee" comment, who knows? That section is off limits for non-paying members so how the hell would I know what was said in there. You would think that if there was something important to be said, someone would post it in this section since this is what it pertains to.

Anything else Scissors?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I talked with MP and was offered a spot at $$ over MSRP. I chose to go else where and i have one at MSRP! I will not go back to MP again but I don't think they care. When prices slip they will lower their price and still sell cars.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:02 AM
CAPTRKO
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

To bad for Maxie Price I read this forum.

My next new Vette will be from someone else! I ordred my 2005 in March and was happy overall except my car salesman (Not Monica but an older gentleman) was realy bad at updates etc, once he got my deposit he could really give a $hit.

Now I read this and that pretty much makes the decision to go with another forum dealer in two years when I want my next new Vette. Probably give Kerbeck a shot.

Would be nice if Maxie Price would at least DEFEND themselves? Maybe we do not have the whole story? I doubt it....but you never know?
Old 11-26-2005, 08:29 AM
BOB PROCTER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxie Price!!!!

Would you want the long version, and it is long, or the short version of my dealings with Maxie Price. By the way, and I don't know why, I may have been one of those put in fromt of a lot of people. First contact August 3rd, took delivery October 31st. Every step of the way was documented, that may be the Ace in the hole. :o :bb
Bob
Old 11-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 2k1 Vette
You would think that if there was something important to be said, someone would post it in this section since this is what it pertains to.
pm sent to savewave concerning this matter...of course, you could have too
Old 11-26-2005, 09:11 AM
dexter
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Grumpy
pm sent to savewave concerning this matter...of course, you could have too
So PR&C isn't the worst section to mod?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:27 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I talked to Monica at MP and got the run around twice ... went elsewhere and have bought 4 new cars since. It does cost allot to mess with people even if you can still sell some cars.

Over a year ago MP pulled the discount BS about the C6, denied it and here we go again. They should be banned from this forum ... my $0.02.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rbl
I talked to Monica at MP and got the run around twice ... went elsewhere and have bought 4 new cars since. It does cost allot to mess with people even if you can still sell some cars.

Over a year ago MP pulled the discount BS about the C6, denied it and here we go again. They should be banned from this forum ... my $0.02.

Yes forum administrators are you listening? BAN MAXIE PRICE FROM THE FORUM NOW!!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Kerner
Advanced

MP is not a member of the BBB
Old 11-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by Kerner
MP is not a member of the BBB
Are you surprised?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Kerner
Advanced

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
Are you surprised?
Is anyone surprised?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:53 PM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Default I keep saying this...

Originally Posted by Kerner
Is anyone surprised?
Maxie Price = car dealer.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Boomer 2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rbl

The really sad part is that Monica does not even bother to respond to any of this. With the large number of sales that she has generated through this forum over the years, you would think she would at least come to her own defense. Her silence would seem to tell you all you need to know about the ethics at MP.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by Boomer 2
The really sad part is that Monica does not even bother to respond to any of this. With the large number of sales that she has generated through this forum over the years, you would think she would at least come to her own defense. Her silence would seem to tell you all you need to know about the ethics at MP.

She can't respond. She needs her job.

Rick Daniels finally got tired of Maxie Price and went with Les Stanford.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:04 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
She can't respond. She needs her job.

Rick Daniels finally got tired of Maxie Price and went with Les Stanford.
She has no defense. She will wait until it blows over and it will be business as usual. Don't forget there are other buyers out there buying Vetts beside Forum buyers or they wouldn't be getting the market adjustment price.

Get notified of new replies

To Follow-up on Maxie Price Z06's ordered for stock in front of us..

Old 11-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Barely Legal
Burning Brakes

Let's just completely black-ball MP. Corvette people take care of Corvette people, period. They have a different agenda and we need vote with our $ by not giving it to them. It is evident that the $ completely drives this forum and that dealership. No one will look out for you but you. I've lost a lot of faith in this place over the past 3-4 months.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:25 AM
sly1
Le Mans Master

Received 530 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Barely Legal
Let's just completely black-ball MP. Corvette people take care of Corvette people, period. They have a different agenda and we need vote with our $ by not giving it to them. It is evident that the $ completely drives this forum and that dealership. No one will look out for you but you. I've lost a lot of faith in this place over the past 3-4 months.
When I read all of the posts on this thread, there's no doubt in my mind that GM made a huge mistake by allowing Dealer markups. I'm good friends with a guy who loves high performance cars and just so happens to own an Infiniti Dealership. We were talking about Nissan's supercar that will come to the US as a 2007 model. HP ranges for the car are in the 450 - 500 HP range, and the MSRP is expected to be around $70K.

So my friend says that I'll be the first one on his list for the car, and then I smiled and asked how much over MSRP he'll be charging. He told me that if the car will be distributed under the Infiniti brand, which is ver likely, Infiniti will not allow any of its Dealers to charge a penny over MSRP. Furthermore, he told me that Infiniti will be watching very closely for tactics like selling and rebuying the cars and then selling well over MSRP.

It appears that car companies can control their Dealerships and it also appears to me that Infiniti has the right approach, which is to not risk antagonizing customers just to make a short term windfall.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:51 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by sly1
When I read all of the posts on this thread, there's no doubt in my mind that GM made a huge mistake by allowing Dealer markups. I'm good friends with a guy who loves high performance cars and just so happens to own an Infiniti Dealership. We were talking about Nissan's supercar that will come to the US as a 2007 model. HP ranges for the car are in the 450 - 500 HP range, and the MSRP is expected to be around $70K.

So my friend says that I'll be the first one on his list for the car, and then I smiled and asked how much over MSRP he'll be charging. He told me that if the car will be distributed under the Infiniti brand, which is ver likely, Infiniti will not allow any of its Dealers to charge a penny over MSRP. Furthermore, he told me that Infiniti will be watching very closely for tactics like selling and rebuying the cars and then selling well over MSRP.

It appears that car companies can control their Dealerships and it also appears to me that Infiniti has the right approach, which is to not risk antagonizing customers just to make a short term windfall.
First of all, what your friend said is likely a very fine line. Legally, the mfr cannot tell their dealer how much to re-sell cars for. If they did, it would have to go both ways - how would you like it if they couldn't discount cars either? There are ways to get around this, but a dealer could challenge it and win.

Second, I tried to buy a G35 at a dealer here in Houston a few years ago who practiced some pretty disgusting sales tactics of their own. What they did was very similar to what Landmark/Heard does. They quoted me a price, but when I went to sign the paperwork, they had several other fees. After about 30 minutes of negotiating the fees, and coming up with more B.S., I finally walked out. I went to another Infiniti dealer who was honest with me about the out the door price, and what he could and could not do. I paid $800 more for the car, and was happy to do so for an honest dealer.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Follow-up on Maxie Price Z06's ordered for stock in front of us..