Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dad needs a little help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Frank D. Bobbie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dad needs a little help

Everyone:

My dad (Frank D. Bobbie) had heart bypass surgery today. It was kind of sudden, but the good news is that he is doing very well - everything went as planned, and he is expected to make a full recovery. I came in from out of town to help him and Mom with the surgery, and I signed in on his computer tonight and thought of the Forum.

My dad turned me on to the Corvette Forum (I'm Frby98), just like he turned me on to Corvettes since before I can remember.

And, he has been realizing his dream: he ordered a 2006 Z06 (order number JJHN6N) as soon as he could, and he has been dreaming about the museum delivery (some of you have probably seen his name floating around, trying to find more details on when it will be built and when he can pick it up).

Well, the surgery was very pressing, and he had no choice to wait (thankfully there was no heart-attack), and the whole time he has been concerned about the museum delivery he ordered. I knew better than to argue that it wasn't important.

Now, I don't know much information about it (I believe he said that he is VIN sequence 369), but he is concerned that he will have to forfit the museum delivery. Doctor said no driving for 4 weeks, so he has already given up on the plan to receive it and drive it home (16 hours?).

Long story short, can anyone give me information or help on trying to make sure that he can still do the museum delivery? He is going to call next week (he already has a list of contacts), but I wanted to try and give him more HOPE that he would still be able to receive it (even if he has to then get it trailered to Houston).

I have seen the wonderful community of the Corvette Forum work before, so I wanted to ask for some help. I know that he would feel better knowing his dream wasn't in jeopardy. He did the right thing by going in for heart tests, but now he just feels like this might be slipping through his fingers.

Thanks again:
-Frby98
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 PM
rrobert22
Melting Slicks

A new Z06 is a pretty good incentive to recover quickly Hope he does well.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:08 AM
camille
Racer

I'm more of an expert on his surgery than I am regarding museum delivery. Assuming his recovery continues at an average pace, I see no reason that he couldn't be present for the museum tour and delivery process in a week or two.

The "no driving for 4 weeks" issue should be reviewed further with his cardiologist and cardiac surgeon. Most people have no desire to drive for weeks after cardiac surgery, but if he's feeling strong, walking without difficulty, and having no significant pain issues, he may be ready to put a few miles on his new car.

If he's not feeling well, or his recovery is slow, why not allow him to be present at the museum and have a close friend (read: very close friend) or family member drive the car home - the passenger seat of the new Z should accelerate is recovery significantly!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Dr_PimpRide
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Here's a wish for a speedy recovery for your dad.

Do you happen to know what stage his Z06 order is at? It may yet be a few weeks before it's produced and ready for delivery. Some helpful Forum member may be able to chime in and look his position in the order line. As Camille said above, I'm sure he'd have a great time riding back from Bowling Green with his son or wife at the wheel of his new Z06. That should be plenty of hope to give him for a speedy recovery.

Old 09-01-2005, 07:15 AM
PimpDadd
Racer

A speedy recovery indeed!

Give Adam at the Museum a call and I'm sure he can taylor the right date you need....
Old 09-01-2005, 08:36 AM
scottsdalevette
Pro

Default Call Gary Cockriel at the National Corvette Museum -

The person at the National Corvette Museum you should contact is Gary Cockriel at (800) 53-VETTE or 1-800-205-4248 ext 124
or by e-mail at gary@corvettemuseum.com. He is the director of all Museum deliveries and can give you what you need.
Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Dad needs a little help

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dad needs a little help