Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 spot #4 at MSRP Supporting Dealer Available

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 01:58 PM
xilr8n
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go, this guy is buying spots to resell at 3.5k over.

***** Attention: If you have a deposit with an authorized Chevrolet dealership in the USA to purchase an early delivery 2006 Corvette Z06 at MSRP and you are thinking of asking for your deposit back or you would simply prefer to make some extra cash now and wait until next year to get a car, give us a call at (800) 811-8629 because we might be interested in purchasing your place in line after we are done selling all of the cars that we have pre-ordered, as long as we can agree on the price. *****

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6173
Old 06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts

The dealership that Dizzzzy is on the list at (KT) was offering $1000 below MSRP to anybody off the street. His $1500 deal was only $500 better so he is not taking big advantage of the dealer.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:24 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I'm sorry but
Old 06-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Michrider
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scissors
Reading is fundamental.
I can read fine. In the first post it say he gave a $1500 deposit. And in later posts it says he's making $1500, just wondered which was accurate.

If this deal is in return for all those previous sales, is the dealer going to honor this same deal to Joe Bloe off the internet?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michrider
I can read fine. In the first post it say he gave a $1500 deposit. And in later posts it says he's making $1500, just wondered which was accurate.
I found the posts to be confusing and contradictory too.

I think I understand now.

And since the purpose of this thread seems to have now mutated into a requirement that if you post, you must state your position I will say that if I was looking to pay MSRP for a Z06 and wanted to get one in a hurry, I'd have been first in line to contact the original poster.

Meanwhile I'd have gone on the board and posted about how unfair it is and how no one else should consider such a thing!

But I'm sneaky like that.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:14 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't believe this thread !
Old 06-15-2005, 05:36 PM
yelloz06
Pro

Is the dealer in agreement on this since he made the deal with "dizzy", couldn't he say sorry guy you are not the 4th person that gave me a deposit, take a hike.
Don't you have some paperwork that is in your name?
Is it transferable?
Thanks
Old 06-16-2005, 09:46 AM
05C6spdvert
Drifting

I was interested but A: you basically have to take dizzy's word and send him the $1500 in good faith and hope that you don't run into any probs, sounds like a nice guy and that he would follow through, but it is the internet. B: Small town Chevy store, unlikely to get it fourth Z06 until spring of next year so unlikely you would be getitng an early car, but you would probably get one (an 06') and at MSRP.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:07 AM
07 Lemans Z51 Coupe
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jschindler
I'm suprised that more people here are not grasping the issue that is most distasteful. The guy has THREE deposits down on Z06's. I think it's pretty obvious that he either did so to profit on two of those spots, or he did so to be sure he got an early car. But if that is the case, then why did he tie up TWO spots at the same dealership? Seems obvious to me - he did it with the sole intention of profiting on the spot or the car.

Yes, I agree he has the right to do so if the dealer(s) let him - this being a "free country", and all. But we have the right to not like what he is doing and stating our feelings on the forum.
And he has purchased 8 other vehicles, including 3 Vettes in the past year. Feels like someone making a business out of arbitraging his purchasing abilities against public demand. Certainly legal if he can deliver, but it's a business, not a favor, it seems. He's basically pocketing money that dealer's would otherwise pocket. Works as long as he can deliver popular cars. On the other hand, if he can't he simply takes his refund and walks. So he really has no risk for his "investment", and as such it seems to be a distastful approach. He's making money for nothing. He doesn't take the risk of owning the inventory, like the dealer does. He doesn't take the risk of losing his deposit, which is refundable. He simply puts up a refundable deposit and then sells his position for a profit. Certainly an o.k. BUSINESS, but when he portrays it as passing an opportunity along to his brethern, he loses me.

But then, who really cares? Business is business, and he thought of it.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

All of you people trying to give him a hard time STFU... he's offering a great opportunity to someone for nothing!

"Oh no, you can't skip in line".... I bet you got beat up in school and the big guys always skipped you If you don't want the spot, DON'T POST! Don't care if you think it's fair or not. Tired of all the negative opinions from people sometimes. You make cool guys like this walk away from offering us these opportunities!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:37 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 05C6spdvert
Some people make so much more money that losing 25-35K on a car is like you losing $500. Did you ever consider that?

Trust me, I have my share of the "green backs'. But, losing 25-35K on a depreciated car is not the way that I choose to spend my money.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:44 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by GN1270
And what do you base this on? How many C5 ZO6's or even early C5's had problems like that? 1/2 of MSRP? I think i'm starting to beleive in UFO's now.

The 500 HP Z is a totally different animal. I just don't have enough confidence in GM to pull it off without substantial problems for at least the first year. Go read C6 General. It was enough to discourage me from buying an '05 OR an '06. I'll wait it out these cars will be all over the place in a few years. And, at bargain prices.

As far as the UFO comment I am glad you finally believe.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:47 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

As of this moment, the spot has been spoken for by a forum member..

I will let the forum know if it falls through.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:13 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 89L98
The real joke here is on all the "must haves". I bet half of them will be moaning that their low Vin# Z is on the flatbed, heading back to the "stealer", for the third or fourth time. Does anyone really think that the first year Z won't come with problems, problems problems? Hey, just order "Velocity Yellow" for another $750.00. Then you can really say you bought a Lemon. A few years from now you will be buying these cars for one half of MSRP. I really feel sorry for the suckers that pay MSRP+ for the priviledge.
ZO6 envy? Or just plain jealous you can't get one? I will let you know about any problems I have. Mine will be a daily driver and I can't wait.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:22 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 506 Likes on 343 Posts

Old 06-17-2005, 10:29 PM
ROUTE 66
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzzzy
Forum members..

I am offering my #4 Z06 spot at a supporting Dealer on the forum, to who ever is very interested in getting a Z06 this year.. I am passing this along, because I am also #1 and #2 on les stanfords list, and will get my Z06 hopefully by the end of july..

PM Me if your interested, I have a 1500 dollar deposit, that will need to be returned to me, and then you have a allocated spot#4 for MSRP minus your 1500 deposit..

I will post this on both the general forum, and the Z06 forums, you need to be serious, I will not waste the time of the supporting dealer with someone who is unsure and this and that.. The deposit is not refundable, unless you will not get your car this year for some unforseen reason..

Straight up no B.S. allocated #4 spot with a dealer who will get at least that many cars..

I will wait and hope that a forum member takes me up on this great offer, and if not, I will just put it up on ebay..

Any interest, let me know

Dizzzzy
I be serious. Keep it.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:12 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Cowboy
All of you people trying to give him a hard time STFU... he's offering a great opportunity to someone for nothing!

"Oh no, you can't skip in line".... I bet you got beat up in school and the big guys always skipped you If you don't want the spot, DON'T POST! Don't care if you think it's fair or not. Tired of all the negative opinions from people sometimes. You make cool guys like this walk away from offering us these opportunities!
First of all, you are telling us we should not be giving him a hard time, but you are giving us a hard time, and using rather rude language.

Second, you say it is costing us nothing. Looks to me like it would cost us $1,500. Why should he get a better deal than me? You are missing the obvious. He can buy the car for $1,500 off list, but wants us to pay list.

Third, I have never in my life heard of a dealer negotiating a deal with one customer, then the customer just assuming that the dealer will sell just anyone at the same deal. I thought the dealer made him that deal because he was such an awesome customer!?

Frankly, I would think he should feel cheated by the dealer if they are giving just any joe-shmoe off the street the same $1,500 discount that they are giving their super-duper, special - eight car a year customer. I guess he isn't so special to them after all!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Way I see it, he put a $1500 deposit down to get his spot in line for his car. When the car is delivered to the dealer, he gets a call, goes in, pays for the car at MSRP minus the $1500 deposit. If he changes his mind and backs out he should be able to get the deposit back at any time. If I am correct, he's offering the car to a forum member just being a nice guy. He could drop his spot and get his deposit back and I can guarantee you that the dealer would not move everyone in line up one, just give it to someone else.

Being a customer of Les Stanford I spoke with them and you can do the same thing, pick up cancelled orders. You put $1000 down but the car is already ordered (in other words, you get what the original customer ordered color/option-wise). Same deal except it would be early next year vs #4 in line here might be much sooner.

As I said, why ridicule this guy? Not trying to start an arguement either. If you don't want to take it, don't..... I also agree you should do some research before sending $1500 to someone you don't know and aren't sure of the deal. Speak to the dealer, get some confirmation, maybe in writing.

I don't think the thread title said "Giving up my spot, please let me know what you think about it"

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 spot #4 at MSRP Supporting Dealer Available