Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What do you do when your introverted neighbor buys a Lambo Murcie?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:33 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Retired GM Engr
That wouldn't be jacksh-t in LA
Old 06-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Clutchplate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go buy an Enzo and put him in his place!!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:56 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Bang his wife, bang his daughter, make friends with his dog and take his car away from him. - Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

In all seriousness, he could very well be shy. Sometimes people misinterpret shyness with being snotty or unfriendly. One thing's for sure, he bought a Murcie because he wants to be noticed. The fact that he bought an eye popping green Murcie suggests he really, really wants to be noticed. You're a car enthusiast, go next door and introduce yourself. You should have a lot to talk about unless of course he's a pretender and just wants the attention. If he's an enthusiast he'll want to share the experience with another enthusiast. If he blows you off go back to plan A above.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Zivnuska
Le Mans Master

There's no need to be defensive or threatened. You both appreciate stylish, performance cars. Hurray! Be happy for him (and you). This is not a zero sum game.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:01 PM
415LT5-badZR-1
Pro

Originally Posted by greentank
360 is Yellow, and the Lambo is light lime green.

I suppose I'm lucky to live where I do...but then again, I used leverage to get the house I do, and I use leverage when I buy cars. This guy probably writes checks. Our home values in our neighborhood average around 650-700 or so, this guy just built a new 1MM home across from me on the cul de sac (thanks for raising my taxes, sir!) You dont typically see cars in the garage that are half the value of the house....this guy is an exception to the whole neighborhood.

He seems to go through cars quickly - 5 as I count in the last 2 years. Maybe he'll give me a good deal on a used lambo???

You are definitely a glass half full kind of guy. If he drives up your taxes he also raised the value of your home. Why are you so afraid to talk to him? He is obviously a car nut, or he wouldn't spend so much coin on cars - go over and strike up a conversation - you'll see he is a good guy, and you'll make a friend. Life doesn't have to be so complicated.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:50 AM
99GTvert
Intermediate

You guys do realize we all sound like a bunch of highschool kids talking about a girl.
"Hey man you should go talk to her."
"I don't want to talk to her."
"Oh come on just do it."
"OK what should I say?"
Old 06-11-2005, 02:38 AM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Jealousy showing it's ugly head...

Seriously...why do people always hate others with more money...or assume he's dealing drugs, etc...

Just go introduce yourself one day if he ever hangs out outside near his cars, etc...he could very well be a great guy! I'd be tickled to death if I found out my neighbors were car enthusiasts...
Old 06-11-2005, 03:32 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

big deal just spanked a pile of them at a track event
Old 06-11-2005, 03:32 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

The grass always looks greener in the other yard, or in this case the Lambo always looks greener.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:20 AM
C6SMKDU
Instructor

Default Hey Greentank

Don't worry about his toys, just think how much he has to pay for his car insurance. I would rather own C6 any day with that type of ins. bill. Beside, with a few mods. you can keep up with him in the street. If he breaksdown he will have to fork-up the mayor bucks compared to a C6 if such a thing happens. Bottomline, be Happy!
Old 06-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I know the feeling. You guys are all buying Z06s I am trying to figure out how to buy a subaru
Old 06-14-2005, 03:46 PM
rayncris
Pro

Granted, in the big picture, I'm lucky. But dont let inflated RE prices in the Chicagoland area make you think that I"m any more than middle class. And its not as bad here as SF or NY...$600k there will get you a shack.

Anyway, I think i'm getting over it already...time to show up at his doorstep with two beers, and offer to provide 24 more...if he drives us to the liquor store. (make that 48, if he lets me take pictures)
My house was 600k, and I am proud of my little home...built from the ground up for me. But no one is rich around here either...

Ray
Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 PM
NoMercy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PaceThis
Jealousy showing it's ugly head...

Seriously...why do people always hate others with more money...or assume he's dealing drugs, etc...

Just go introduce yourself one day if he ever hangs out outside near his cars, etc...he could very well be a great guy! I'd be tickled to death if I found out my neighbors were car enthusiasts...

Exactly.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:46 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

It's nice that your neighbor bought a Lamborghini but did he HAVE to buy the lime green one? Don't worry, if he were a smart guy, he would've gotten it in black.

But anyway you shouldn't let his high dollar purchase take away from your future purchase just because his cost more. In a few year you'll probably buy a Z06, whereas in a few years I'll be struggling to get my dead 85' Vette to breathe again. Don't get spoiled about it.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

It is great.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:49 AM
SierraHotel
Instructor

Default Nobody gives a crap....except YOU!

It sucks from two perspectives - one, I cant get close to the car, and two, it makes my "dream" car I'm saving for seem not so dreamy.
Damn! If "keeping up with the Joneses" is so important to you, 2nd or 3dr mortagage your house and buy something EVEN BETTER! Who cares if you actually live like a bum and can barely pay your living expenses; as long as you're cruising in an exotic automobile! (Intended as sarcastic humor).
Old 06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Nitrodamus
Drifting

What do you do when your introverted neighbor buys a Lambo Murcie?
Nothing, I don't talk to my neighbors either.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you do when your introverted neighbor buys a Lambo Murcie?

Old 06-15-2005, 11:08 AM
greentank
Burning Brakes

OK...i'm hoping you guys are seeing the sarcastic humor in this thread. It's about 90% sarcasm, 10% real.

Hey....I'm happy for the guy. really. Just imagine, though, the feeling of somebody marrying the girl of your dreams (yes, I know, we're ALL married to the girls of our dreams....dont be difficult, work with me on this one). It can hurt a little, but you get over it and move on. However, if the couple moves across the street from you, its gonna take a bit longer to move on.

OK - maybe just a so-so analogy. But for those people here that actually GET my point (which is, btw, that it's too bad we cant all have every car that we want), I think you know what I mean.

For those of you who are making this more than it is, well, have fun!
Old 06-15-2005, 11:11 AM
greentank
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jason Blue Boost
Hey Greentank where in Chicago are you located? I have a friend in the area that has a black Ferarri Enzo. I'll have him bring it over along with my blue Tigershark so your neighbor can look what's in your driveway.
Northern burbs in lake co. If you and your buddy bring your rides over, you're welcome at my place anytime!

If you're getting a zo6, you're welcome with that, too. How about trading burgers on the grill and reffreshments for a ride around the block? Gives you a reason to go for a drive, anyway...
Old 06-15-2005, 01:06 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I'm sitting here pinching my pennies, saving up for a Z06 purchase (or something) in a few years. Now my neighbor, who already has a 360, buys a stinking lime green Lambo. I saw it the other day on the road, but had no idea it was his. And he's totally not social or into talking to neighbors (ie getting friendly enough to let them have a ride).

It sucks from two perspectives - one, I cant get close to the car, and two, it makes my "dream" car I'm saving for seem not so dreamy.
Go for a ride & quit bitching.

Quick Reply: [Z06] What do you do when your introverted neighbor buys a Lambo Murcie?