Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Financing a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 09:31 PM
EggrollXpress61
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lensboard
You cannot invest, buy a car, or anything at the age of 16....LOL...good save.
uhhhh have you ever heard of a UGMA? Its a custodial account which my parents helped me start w/ Ameritrade when I was 16. and uhhh you can co-sign a 2 year old if you wanted to.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:32 PM
96VegasVette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EggrollXpress61
Your quite a character. Very funny funny guy .

As for you, yeah I'm a funny guy . Now if you're smart enough to have set yourself up at such a young age as you say you have then I would expect you to have enough common sense to know you that what your proposing is pretty f'ng stupid. Let's see, getting out on your own, buying a home (quite an accomplishment for someone your age btw especially if unassisted by family money) or buying a 75K car while still living under your parents roof. Now that second idea definitely sounds like the thinking of a naive kid with more money then brains. If you can pull it off more power to you. Be sure to post pics when and if you get it.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:34 PM
EggrollXpress61
Instructor

Originally Posted by 96VegasVette
Dude, I am far from a troll lol. This post just seems ludicrous. I pointed out the obviouse. No credit, teenager claiming to have a "side-business" worthy of supporting a 75K purchase. You tell me what sounded like bull****, my response or his post.
My business roughly generates only roughly $24k on a good year since the boom/burst of dot coms. My investments are worth FAR more than my business. I dont have any credit. I am co-signed with my dad on my current car. Amd besides why would I make some **** up? lol That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:35 PM
EggrollXpress61
Instructor

As for you, yeah I'm a funny guy . Now if you're smart enough to have set yourself up at such a young age as you say you have then I would expect you to have enough common sense to know you that what your proposing is pretty f'ng stupid. Let's see, getting out on your own, buying a home (quite an accomplishment for someone your age btw especially if unassisted by family money) or buying a 75K car while still living under your parents roof. Now that second idea definitely sounds like the thinking of a naive kid with more money then brains. If you can pull it off more power to you. Be sure to post pics when and if you get it.
I understand I just LIKE THE CAR SOOO MUCH. Its driving me crazy!
Old 01-30-2005, 09:38 PM
EggrollXpress61
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lensboard
I am a blonde with huge knockers, anyone wanna call me.....lol
uhhh no your not. Your a old douche bag who wears shorts WAY tooo short. This is a family place man, put the mouse back in the house.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:41 PM
EggrollXpress61
Instructor

Originally Posted by GN1270
18 yr old with a 500 ZO6. If you can get an insurance co. to insure you, i would imagine the insurance would be at least $8k per year, and even the same if it is in your fathers name and you still live at home. I don't know why you would want to blow all of your hard earned investments on a car at such a young age. Well I know why, but I don't see how your father would let you. Get a house first, get some more driving experience, etc. JMHO

The real estate where I am from is worthless. and I dont have enough money for a real estate purchase in a lucrative area (Cali, NY, Phoenix, FL). I suppose I may have enough for a down payment of a small house but I would have to find someone REALLY fast to buy. I really wanted to do real estate but I just dont have the resources to do it right now. im really researching/looking into it though.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:45 PM
96VegasVette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EggrollXpress61
Amd besides why would I make some **** up? lol That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If you'll notice, I've been a member here since 2000. If you're really a "long-time lurker" then you should know that kids get on here with crazy *** ideas like yourself all the time. Many also make big claims as yourself. Not saying you're bullshi$$ing but that is the nature of the internet and bulletin boards. People looking for attention like to make big stories or predicaments up to get it. Catch my drift? Good luck with your quest for the Z
And by the way, none of my questions/comments were asinine, just common sense from someone who's been around a few years more then 18.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:49 PM
EggrollXpress61
Instructor

People looking for attention like to make big stories or predicaments up to get it.

How sad, lol. People coming onto the internet to get attention? Its not like other forum memebers know them. Who are they trying to impress? Online girlfriends?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:05 AM
Lensboard
Racer

Ok, just a quick smooch on the cheek?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Lensboard
Racer

You should not go around posting how much you make, and so forth. Many guys here can write a check for any car they want, and many cannot. This forum is not about that. You know you started this thread to brag, now someone lock this thread and be done. Lets get back to talkin about the legend.

Last edited by Lensboard; 01-31-2005 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:40 AM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Didn't take long for the flames to start.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

cazy idea, buy the house, get on your own feet. wait 6 months after they hit the streets, roll the car into the house. wha lah, new house and new car. car paid off now all you gotta worry about is the insurance......

-zig
Old 01-31-2005, 09:28 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

EggRoll,

First off, you have specifically stated your income and your investments. If you have been smart enough to invest money at your age, good for you, but you are now willing to cash out all of that for a car? That sounds like you got hit with the big stupid stick recently and have lost it. I also am going to bet you that at your age, 24K a year BARELY covers the insurance cost, ASSUMING you can find an insurance company willing to take you on with a 500 HP supercar.

From a reality stand point, I have huge amounts of money invested, my wife has a job that clears the Z06s price by over 2x per year in income, and I don't see a Z06 in my near future.

Todd
Old 01-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Scissors
Didn't take long for the flames to start.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Financing a Z06