Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My C6 Z06 Pics from Houston (Aero & Underbody)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:12 PM
mhefner
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI-3 Show Winner
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

great pics, thanks for sharing.
I can't wait to see it myself in person.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 AM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Somebody needs to tell them the clamps that their using on the exhaust pipes SUCK AZZ!!!!

Love the pics, thanks
Old 02-10-2005, 10:46 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drs
I'm not a big fan of the rear spoiler either...but, I talked with Tom Peters in Detroit. He said that little bitty spoiler produces something like 80 lbs. of downward pressure. It was necessary to equalize the pressure produced by the front splitter. For a car with 500hp and 200+ top speed, downward pressure is a good thing. I can accept functional design even if it isn't aesthetically pleasing.

But there's no reason they couldn't make it more attractive. I also don't understand why they decided to put the extra pieces on there for the fender flares as opposed to just making the fender itself a bit wider. WTF? Seems to me it would be cheaper than having another piece to manufacture, install and inventory. Same on the rear.

I love the car but jeez. I'm starting to think that the only color to get it in will be black so that those parts will look more built-in.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:50 AM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by robvuk

But there's no reason they couldn't make it more attractive. I also don't understand why they decided to put the extra pieces on there for the fender flares as opposed to just making the fender itself a bit wider. WTF? Seems to me it would be cheaper than having another piece to manufacture, install and inventory. Same on the rear.

I love the car but jeez. I'm starting to think that the only color to get it in will be black so that those parts will look more built-in.
I agree. Don't like the look of the tacked on pieces.

They are of different material, similiar to the "cladding" on the bottom of the Avalanche Truck. Reputed to be nearly indestructible. By their location, they are obviously going to take a pounding from road debris, and the concern was that regularly painted fender material wouldn't hold up.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:03 PM
NSTG8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why does it look like the two inner tips are Elec. Cutouts? I see a butterfly an actuator .. could this be the two inners are kept closed until the throttle is opened up?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:07 PM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Neablas
why does it look like the two inner tips are Elec. Cutouts? I see a butterfly an actuator .. could this be the two inners are kept closed until the throttle is opened up?
Yep, bypass opens up at 3,500 rpm on WOT...
Old 02-13-2005, 11:29 AM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts

From that last picture, I wonder if it has muffler bearings?
Old 02-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Why in the pic of the exhaust are the cutouts open?
Is this car running? and revving above 3500rpm when the pic was taken. Or are they broken already?

Great pics BTW. Nice new angles.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Andi
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06ufgrad2002
Is this car running? and revving above 3500rpm when the pic was taken. Or are they broken already?

I'm guessing they default to open if the car's not running and only close when the car starts / has vacuum to actuate (close) them...

Andi
Old 02-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Andi
I'm guessing they default to open if the car's not running and only close when the car starts / has vacuum to actuate (close) them...

Andi
I was thinking they were electric. But, either way the default could be set to the open position.
Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 06:11 PM
alleycat
Navigator

Default Not that simple

Originally Posted by robvuk

I agree that one color would be nicer, but you have to appreciate the difficulty in the situation. Notice that the lip crosses two parts...the front carbon fender and the front RIM fascia. You could not form this into the fender. The carbon would not lay into such a fine sliver and you'd get a resin rich piece extending 12 inches from the main body of the fender. Without proper carbon loading this would break during shiping to Bowling Green. If you formed the part into the fascia you may be able to do it but it would have to have gentle radii rather than the crisp right angle that the part makes with the class A surface. My guess is this is not acceptable for the aero since they are trying to trip the flow off the tire/wheel face. Also the fascia tool is all ready a complex and expensive tool and adding this small feature could present problems for material flow. The final choice of integrating the part into the existing wheel liner seems logical. The wheel liner material is designed to take a beating from rocks. The tool modification is simple since the surface just extends outboard 25 mm more than normal.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
theflinger
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Z06ufgrad2002

The cutouts are not in the exhuast tips, they should be in the muffler if they work as described.

Dunno what those are
Old 02-14-2005, 04:11 PM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

WTF! they call that a rear spoiler. That just screwed up the rear. But what the hey! I still love the ride. I can't wait to see it at the Toronto auto show on 25/02/2005.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by theflinger
The cutouts are not in the exhuast tips, they should be in the muffler if they work as described.
Sorry, but those are the cutouts visible in the muffler outlet.

Quick Reply: [Z06] My C6 Z06 Pics from Houston (Aero & Underbody)