C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So. Cal. Dealers Suck!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:25 AM
dimavette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So. Cal. Dealers Suck!!

Why is it so hard to get a good deal and buy a C6 in So. Cal??

Or maybe I'm just going to the wrong places? I went to 2 different dealers this weekend, and called a few more - noone would let me drive the Vette, and they both have it marked up $5K OVER sticker. From what I've seen on this forum, people are routinely receiving $2K - $4K discounts off MSRP, test driving these vehicles and having pleasurable experiences buying this car.

I've talked to several dealers accross the country who will do MSRP, but run into problems delivering the car to CA, or I have to pay for shipping. What gives?

Anyone in So. Cal. have any advice?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Violet
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) www.kerbeck.com

2) "coutesy delivery" or "museum delivery"

Last edited by Violet; 01-24-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:36 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was similar in Dallas when I bought my MY '01. No test drives, $2500 over sticker for 'market adjustment' due to the color...
Old 01-24-2005, 11:40 AM
wwashing
Le Mans Master

Would you buy a car that had been test driven? It must be a hard decision for a dealer to give up a Corvette (when he only has a fixed allocvation) to being a demonstrator.

I feel for you, but understand this from the dealer's perspective.

And, generally they sell them all; test drive or not.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Low12s
Team Owner

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Dima:

I totally agree with you. This is the most frustrating process I have been through (well, there is the pool remodel that I am ready to sue over -but beside that). California in general is pissing me off with all the rules, regulation etc. But it is next to IMPOSSIBLE to buy a C6 here, and certainly not for under MRSP. I have a order that was placed 14 weeks ago (promised 8 - 12 week delivery), and can not even get an update on where I stand (Dealer has a large allocation). I have threatened to pull my order if they do no get it to me in January, so that i can receive the friggin $1,500 discount. They will not even guarantee me that. Sorry for venting, but I am not happy.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:55 AM
TRBON8R
7th Gear

Low 12s,

Just as a side note I'm in the pool business in the Palos Verdes area. I'm not sure where you are at in So Cal, but if I can help answer questions let me know. Sorry to hear of your bad luck. You can email me at trbon8r@excite.com. Good luck.

Last edited by TRBON8R; 01-24-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:05 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

K E R B E C K !! Honestly, I feel for you guys waiting, waiting and waiting. By the time you get your cars they will be close to a year old, i.e., using model year as my point of reference. When I ordered my '02 from Kerbeck it took exactly five weeks to arrive. I will be ordering an '06 from Kerbeck around June. Hopefully, I'll be in the car by Carlisle time.

Save the WAVE!!

Last edited by 69L79; 01-24-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:20 PM
champ_85
Instructor

I got mine in Northridge and paid MSRP. They had one C6 on the lot strictly for test driving. I'm not sure if they have any cars on the lot right now. I bought mine special ordered and waited 10 weeks (bought 9/18 delivered 12/4).
Good luck!

Dave

Last edited by Mr Mojo; 01-24-2005 at 01:13 PM. Reason: non supporting dealer
Old 01-24-2005, 12:52 PM
LongTimer
Drifting

Agreed. I've lived in So.Cal my entire life and dealers here would rather have the a vette on the showroom floor for others to gawk at than sell one at MSRP. Unless you have an "in" of some kind with a so cal dealler, you will never get as good a deal as from some of the specialized vette dealers elsewhere in the country. If these guys know what they are doing, you will save money and the purchase can be as painless - perhaps less painless - than going to your dealer.

This guy has sold at least two vettes into Cal that I know of and I have read several nice posts from owners who have purchased from him. No bad posts that I've seen. Good Luck!

Last edited by Mr Mojo; 01-24-2005 at 01:15 PM. Reason: non supporting dealer
Old 01-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by champ_85
I got mine in Northridge and paid MSRP. They had one C6 on the lot strictly for test driving. I'm not sure if they have any cars on the lot right now. I bought mine special ordered and waited 10 weeks (bought 9/18 delivered 12/4).
Good luck!

Dave
Donny Yorke is the service manager and a real Corvette guy. He brought the DSOM car to one of our Club meetings for all of our membership to check out. He stated that, that particular car had been ordered just for potential customers to test drive.
Donny prides himself on Corvette Service.

Last edited by Mr Mojo; 01-24-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:16 PM
DP Dave
Melting Slicks

Got mine at Weseloh & Sons in So. Orange County - MSRP, also Selman in Orange was MSRP.
Try the internet for local dealers - they will let you know if they sell at sticker price.

Good luck!

Old 01-24-2005, 01:24 PM
dimavette
Instructor

Thanks for the suggestions and advice!! I'll call some of these people in the So. Cal. area to see what they can do.

Sometimes I wish I lived in another part of the country - things would be so much easier . . . C6's are easy to get and real estate prices are reasonable, but that's another topic.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:25 PM
CADreamingVette
Advanced

This is EXACTLY why I am going through a forum dealer and only shopping for a dealer in So cal that has a good service department.

These people are INSANE!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Jim91Vert
Drifting

Actually I think you can change the title of your thread from "So. Cal. Dealers Suck!!" to just "Cal. Dealers Suck!!" when you are talking about Corvette pricing. It's no better here in N. Calif. which is why I ordered from a forum dealer. Ordered the middle of December and my car is being built this week. Not bad when you consider the factory was closed during the holidays.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:18 PM
dimavette
Instructor

Default Cal. Dealers Suck!

OK so I guess the consensus is that California Corvette dealers suck!!

And another thing . . . I love how this weekend I went and test drove a $100K Benz SL500, a $95K Porsche Carrerra Cab, but couldn't get a test drive in a $50K Corvette. COME ON!

I even told the dealer - I can afford a car double the price of this one, but I WANT a C6 - sorry, no dice.

California sucks - I'm moving back to Dallas.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:57 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dimavette
Why is it so hard to get a good deal and buy a C6 in So. Cal??

Or maybe I'm just going to the wrong places? I went to 2 different dealers this weekend, and called a few more - noone would let me drive the Vette, and they both have it marked up $5K OVER sticker. From what I've seen on this forum, people are routinely receiving $2K - $4K discounts off MSRP, test driving these vehicles and having pleasurable experiences buying this car.

I've talked to several dealers accross the country who will do MSRP, but run into problems delivering the car to CA, or I have to pay for shipping. What gives?

Anyone in So. Cal. have any advice?

Thanks!
I have been through the same thing.

I ended up ordering my museum delivery from Monica Dean at Maxi Price. She is great to work with.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:19 PM
SLWRNU
Safety Car

Received 373 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by dimavette
OK so I guess the consensus is that California Corvette dealers suck!!

And another thing . . . I love how this weekend I went and test drove a $100K Benz SL500, a $95K Porsche Carrerra Cab, but couldn't get a test drive in a $50K Corvette. COME ON!

I even told the dealer - I can afford a car double the price of this one, but I WANT a C6 - sorry, no dice.

California sucks - I'm moving back to Dallas.
You live in Beverly Hills and can afford a car double the price. So just pay the markup and be done with it. Still will be less than double the price of another car.

Get notified of new replies

To So. Cal. Dealers Suck!!

Old 01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
dimavette
Instructor

Just because I "could" afford it on another car doesn't mean I want to pay it on a C6. I was not trying to sound pretentious.

My point was that I don't understand why you can readily go and test-drive cars selling for double the price of the C6, but then you try to test drive a C6 in So. Cal., and the dealer gives you a hard time. That's all.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
redvetteC6
Drifting

Location: Huntington Beach Ca 1 out of 4 Americans are mentally unstable, so if 3 of your friends are OK . . . .
St. Jude Donor '05

I told you where to go. They've got a MY A4 to test drive and will let you have fun in it. Take a little trip.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:50 PM
DebtCraft
Racer

I will not buy anyplace that doesn't let me test drive. Period. I've never had a single dealer tell me no and have it stand. Give them a bit of a hard time and you'll be driving in no time.

It's not like your shopping for a new pair of $5 underwear and you want to give 'em a spin before committing to purchase them. It's a car, for God's sake, and how it drives matters.

Screw 'em. Buy the Benz.

Quick Reply: So. Cal. Dealers Suck!!