C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD/Nav system upgrade wish list

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:08 AM
GTC
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

Default DVD/Nav system upgrade wish list

I really love my new C6 with its DVD Navigation system and XM radio and onStar. I wish it could do a few more tricks. What is in your wish list? I'm wishing for...

1. Cop locator - wouldn't it be fantastic if the Nav screen would show where all the police cars are? You'd think with all the GPS and onStar stuff, it might be possible. It can show where the police stations are. This is just a logical extension of that.

2. Radar/Laser detector integration. I love my Valentine-1 radar detector. It would be even better if its directional arrows and bogey counter could be integrated in the HUD, or overlayed on the Nav map.

3. Let us play dvd movies! And better yet, upgrade the hud to have color output so you can watch movies on the HUD. That way, on the long trips, you can still mostly keep your eyes on the road while you watch a movie.

What else?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:17 AM
340.29m/s
Le Mans Master

Wow. :p
Old 01-13-2005, 09:17 AM
hawaiianswiss
Racer

Originally Posted by GTC
I really love my new C6 with its DVD Navigation system and XM radio and onStar. I wish it could do a few more tricks. What is in your wish list? I'm wishing for...

1. Cop locator - wouldn't it be fantastic if the Nav screen would show where all the police cars are? You'd think with all the GPS and onStar stuff, it might be possible. It can show where the police stations are. This is just a logical extension of that.

2. Radar/Laser detector integration. I love my Valentine-1 radar detector. It would be even better if its directional arrows and bogey counter could be integrated in the HUD, or overlayed on the Nav map.

3. Let us play dvd movies! And better yet, upgrade the hud to have color output so you can watch movies on the HUD. That way, on the long trips, you can still mostly keep your eyes on the road while you watch a movie.

What else?
You`re kidding about the HUD movie thing right?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:20 AM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

How about being able to use the voice mail feature when you make calls. I know I'm belaboring this point, but I am in my car alot and it is annoying that I cannot return calls.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:36 AM
austinC6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. I think there should be some way to permanently disable the nag screen at startup.
2. The requirement to enter a first letter on the POI screen when searching for the nearest POI severely restricts it's use if you don't have any idea what you're looking for. For instance, if I want to find the nearest car wash (and it's far enough away that it doesn't show as an icon), I can't simply have the system show me all the closest car washes. You must first enter the initial letter of a name and hit LIST.
3. Why can't my passenger enter destinations while I'm driving? As long as the car is moving, the entry is disabled.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:10 PM
75 Red Vert
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too like the DVD/CD/NAV system, along with the Onstar. My first vehicle with Onstar.

XM Radio - I will probably let the trial of XM radio expire. Don't get much use out of it.

Telephone - Will probably keep about 100 minutes on the telephone for emergencies when either wife or I forgets cell phone or our phones can't pick up a signal when out in the boonies. I would also like to have voice mail and possibly caller ID on the phone.

DVD - Sure would like someone to figger out how to make the system play DVDs. I had a DVD/NAV system put in my 02 Camaro Z28 and loved it.

NAV - Still playing with it, but so far I really like it.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Swancoat
Pro

As for your V1 displayed on the HUD - this is not all that far away. Check out the StealthOne. (Do a google search for it). I'd kill for V1 info in the HUD.

Jeremy
Old 01-13-2005, 01:01 PM
CADreamingVette
Advanced

I don't have a C6 as of yet but my wish list is:

1. Be able to upgrade to XM's NavTraffic. That would be PERFECT in my eyes.

2. Be able to play DVD Movies

3. Add Mp3 capability

4. Add 6 Disc in dash CD player to the mix like its brotherend Cadillac

And I LOVE the idea of integrating the Radar detector into the Nav screen.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:08 PM
tapeballa
Advanced

hahah some of those ideas are unreal!!! yea, have all police cars on the nav screen would freakin rock... too bad that would never be allowed, EVER. but how cool would that be, you could drive 130 MPH EVERYWHERE and never get caught. :-)

as for my ideas...
1) you should def be allowed to input stuff while your moving, how rediculous. ur on a road trip, want to make a sidestop, and you have to pull over to the side to add a destination? baaad engineering on that one.
2) you should DEF have the ability to play dvds on the screen. it HAS a DVD player... now i know, for safety reasons, yada yada... but that really should be up to the driver shouldnt it? you would think that anyone who is gonna spend 50K+ on a car is smart enough to not wreck it because we were watching a movie. Dumb.
3) telephone for sure.... im surprised it doesnt integrate with your cell like most manufacturers that make cars in that price range do (i mean, a 30k c series mercedes has that option, a vette should too)..

my input! u get so much frriggen knowlege on these dang forums.. i had never heard of stealthone... cool stuff!

Get notified of new replies

To DVD/Nav system upgrade wish list

Quick Reply: DVD/Nav system upgrade wish list