C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Porsche owners impressions of the C6 and C6 owners...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 10:28 AM
nascosta
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo Porsche owners impressions of the C6 and C6 owners...

Sheeesh, some of these turbo porsche owners are pretty bitter towards those of us who own vettes. Some of the ranting is pretty funny though. Jealousy rears its ugly head once again.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...15&pagenumber=1

A quote from one of the members....
Man, I'm in the same boat exactly. I have looked at C5's several times in the past including the Z06, then went again to check out the C6. The dealer nearby has mirrors and I saw myself sitting in this C6 and thought.... "OMG... this car is so NOT you!"
When I see a vette, even though it's a damn good car, I can't get the stigma out of my head of, "Old, divorced, chain wearing, earing havin', hair-piece dude."
Not to mention just plain guido.

Last edited by nascosta; 12-15-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:34 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

It's too bad they feel that way. Sounds like a bunch of insecurity to me...oh well. There is always going to be rivalry between loyalists.

b.t.w. Your link in the post doesn't work. Here's a fix.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=1

Paul
Old 12-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Pio
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by nascosta
I can't get the stigma out of my head of, "Old, divorced, chain wearing, earing havin', hair-piece dude."

All Porsche owners ARE NOT ******. Although I dont think the Vettes stereotype is such, you can argue that the Porsche is a 60-year-old-didnt-have-enough-money-to-afford-this-when-I-was-young so-better-do-it-now-since-I-don-have-to-pay-three-alimonies-and-child-support
and-I-still-have-lead-in-the-pencil-this-car-will-make-it-seem-like-a-lot-of-lead-in-the
ol'-pencil.

Last edited by Pio; 12-15-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:51 AM
PeterK
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

I like porsh owners most of the are true sports car enthusiasts. Nowadays - I only go to the local porsh club autoX event - less people, no posers, everybody is serious.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,232 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by nascosta
"Old, divorced, chain wearing, earing havin', hair-piece dude."
And there's something wrong with that?

That was a pretty lame thread on the Porsche board. I guess they couldn't come up with anything to criticize the car about so they had to make up a stereotype about the owners of the C6. You think Tracy fits that stereotype? Or Scissors? Lager99? Or me? Well, okay, maybe me....

(Married to the same WONDERFUL woman...she may be reading this...for 35 years, no chains, no hair piece).
Old 12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Clutchplate
Racer

Sounds like they're just upset about the $50,000 their cars have depreciated. Lets just all be nice and wave as we pass them on the highways.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:17 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Guess it was the times I grew up in but men simply didnt wear earrings. I dont know about the whole thing. I guess because I live out in the sticks folks are a little more relaxed about this stuff. When I see someone in a Porche, Vette, or any other performance car I think,"Hey, there is a fellow enthusiast". Never have any trouble talking cars with them either.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:24 AM
jsmbluecar
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Default cars are a heated issue

Everybody has an opinion about what car is best. It's like religion to some people. I say live and let live. Before I had the money I was a mustang enthusiast. Did that mean I hated Corvettes or Camaros? Heck no.

Also I would never buy a porsche for a simple reason. Let's keep the manufacturing and industrial capacity we have in this country going full speed. As the dollar falls and imports get more expensive we may want to continue manufacturing all kinds of things here. We don't want that knowledge to be lost and end up beholden to china for every manufactured item we need. We have lost a tremendous amount of industrial capacity in the last 25 years. Food for thought.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:26 AM
wachuko
Racer

I have seen similar posts here... so it is all the same. You will see Porsche owners that are a waste of space/air just as you would with a few Corvette owners. I do not pay attention to those, they go into my ignore list or I just simply avoid them during club activities.

You also see posts on the Porsche forums that speak extremely well of the C6.

I like a good sport car, no matter what company makes it. Too bad a few folks get fixed on a badge...
Old 12-15-2004, 11:26 AM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crabman
Guess it was the times I grew up in but men simply didnt wear earrings. I dont know about the whole thing. I guess because I live out in the sticks folks are a little more relaxed about this stuff. When I see someone in a Porche, Vette, or any other performance car I think,"Hey, there is a fellow enthusiast". Never have any trouble talking cars with them either.

It's just the same as it is here in this forum. Only a small percentage of all the members of the forum are actively posting attitude and crap, while the large silent majority goes about there own business or posts to find answers and help.

Old 12-15-2004, 12:17 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant we all just get along... What matters is the big smile we all have while driving these cars and enjoying the drive!
Old 12-15-2004, 01:09 PM
RichieRich
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

The stereotype thing is so lame. I got my C5 just after my 23rd birthday and I'm the furthest thing from a guido hairpiece guy that there is. For some reason the Vette has that stigma and may never shake it, no matter how many young people or hot chicks drive them.

The stereotypical Porsche driver I've heard is a short, balding, divorced Jewish lawyer. I've known a couple who fit the mold, but it's far from the majority.

A good car is a good car. If it's worth $50K to the guy to have a car that is "more him," then whatever. It's his money. But he's missing out.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:10 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Wow...What a revelation! I had no idea of the hostility some Porsche owners felt towards us.

Are they really that insecure? Maybe they are upset because we get virtually the same performance out of our cars as they do for $30-$50,000 less...

As far as being 'old', like someone once said, "Just keep breathing" and one day you'll be there too...

I wish 'em all the best...
Old 12-15-2004, 01:48 PM
GENERAL ST
Pro

Chicks look good in Boxsters...."guys" are sissys driving them.Chicks w/the Suvs ...probably have Peni$ Envy especially Turbo types
As for the 911 Crowd ....I have 1 friend converted to C6..the other
sick tired of his 99 911 POS ..SOLD..Getting a 05 in springtime
A recent study showed 55% of Corvette owners are ******..
68% Porsche owners ******.....Ferrari owners dont have enough
mileage hours to account....and Beemers...OMG..THE ULTIMATE
POOPIE PEOPLE IN THE USA!!!! 05YA!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Pio
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GENERAL ST
..and Beemers...OMG..THE ULTIMATE
POOPIE PEOPLE IN THE USA!!!! 05YA!!!!!!!!

Hey buddy! Watch it! I used to have an M5
Old 12-15-2004, 03:25 PM
RAP
Pro

I will be a C6 and BMW driver.......hmmmmmm wonder what that makes me? (even if the BMW is my beater for the snow)
Old 12-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Periokid
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Oh boy. I frequent both forums. And yes I am a Porsche owner. I hope I am safe in both places.

Anyway, I love the C6 am planning on getting one.

Is balding, a pinky ring and chains a requirement to own the Corvette? LOL Just kidding!

BTW if you read most of the threads on 6speed most people there like the C6 and give it the

Get notified of new replies

To Turbo Porsche owners impressions of the C6 and C6 owners...

Old 12-15-2004, 03:52 PM
lottavettes
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

BMW in the snow??????? Worst car ever in the snow as far as I am concerned...very scary...at 55 on an interstate I did a 360 that lasted at least ten seconds.....had to throw away my undies....
Old 12-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Periokid
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by lottavettes
BMW in the snow??????? Worst car ever in the snow as far as I am concerned...very scary...at 55 on an interstate I did a 360 that lasted at least ten seconds.....had to throw away my undies....
Not running snow tires I guess.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:16 PM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, the stereotype is really there. When I told our neighbour I was thinking of a Corvette, I got "the look", and the redneck comments. Same thing happened when I told my wife and co workers! Unfortunately, the uneducated cannot appreciate how good the car is. I wonder if there look would have been different if I said I was getting a Porsche or BMW?

Quick Reply: Turbo Porsche owners impressions of the C6 and C6 owners...