C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino Power Plus Auto

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:06 PM
wmjosjr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Power Plus Auto

See post 44 in the attached link -- shows you the character (or lack of) of the guy I'm dealing with Tommy Zaino, Power Plus, in Staten Island, NY.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...uragloss-5.htm

My 2008 C-6 Corvette was in a crash last fall at the racetrack therefore there was no insurance involved. Though I was skeptical about having it repaired, Tom Zaino, who owns Power Plus Auto in Staten Island convinced me that he could do the repairs and even had all the parts needed in his possession. As I soon found out, that was an outright lie. My car was in his shop for 3-1/2 months and no parts ever materialized, only excuses. Yet he took three cash payments from me in the amount of $10,000 within 2 weeks. In my opinion, he lied about the parts just to get the keys and my commitment to do the job. Once the vehicle was dismantled (in spite of me asking him not to do so until he had the parts) he threatened me that my car would sit idle in his shop unless I gave him more money. That was not part of the contract. Since no progress was ever made after all this time, I had no choice but to have the car towed from his shop. I am fighting to get my money back. He even sold one of my rims which was worth $1,100 without consulting with me. My advice to anyone considering this shop is to go somewhere else. This guy will schmooze you to death with one lie after another. I truly believe that he never intended to repair my vehicle. So don't fall for his nice guy persona. I have never done anything like this before but felt so strongly about the unethical dealings of Tom Zaino that I wanted to warn others of his lies and trickery, especially the Corvette family. He was referred to me by a personal friend, so I let my guard down a bit and never expected this to happen.

Last edited by wmjosjr; 06-24-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: New link attached.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by wmjosjr
My 2008 C-6 Corvette was in a crash last fall. Thought I was skeptical about having it repaired, Tom Zaino, who owns Power Plus Auto in Staten Island convinced me that he could do the repairs and even had all the parts needed in his possession. As I soon found out, that was an outright lie. My car was in his shop for 3-1/2 months and no parts ever materialized, only excuses. Yet he took three cash payments from me in the amount of $10,000 within 2 weeks. In my opinion, he lied about the parts just to get the keys and my commitment to do the job. Once the vehicle was dismantled (in spite of me asking him not to do so until he had the parts) he threatened me that my car would sit idle in his shop unless I gave him more money. That was not part of the contract. Since no progress was ever made after all this time, I had no choice but to have the car towed from his shop. I am fighting to get my money back. He even sold one of my rims which was worth $1,100 without consulting with me. My advice to anyone considering this shop is to go somewhere else. This guy will schmooze you to death with one lie after another. I truly believe that he never intended to repair my vehicle. So don't fall for his nice guy persona. I have never done anything like this before but felt so strongly about the unethical dealings of Tom Zaino that I wanted to warn others of his lies and trickery, especially the Corvette family.
As I have said many times, say NO to Zaino
Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjosjr
My 2008 C-6 Corvette was in a crash last fall.
Is this a collision repair we are talking about or some other sort of work?!?! What parts were you fronting him money for?

LMAO at Racer's post...
Old 06-14-2012, 03:42 PM
dougj1985
Instructor

Default You're an Idiot.

Why would you give ANYONE $10,000 upfront. I pay for the job when the job is done. If he was afraid you were not going to pay for the repairs he could have held your car as collateral. If you were really in a crash why did you not go through your insurance company to have the car fixed? Was it at a track maybe?

This post makes no sense...smells like a
Old 06-14-2012, 08:08 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope you have estimate in writing, and or proof of intentions and payment.
This is a little past small claims court. See an attorney.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Seems like shady dealings and multiple mistakes by the op.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Goatdad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by dougj1985
Why would you give ANYONE $10,000 upfront. I pay for the job when the job is done. If he was afraid you were not going to pay for the repairs he could have held your car as collateral. If you were really in a crash why did you not go through your insurance company to have the car fixed? Was it at a track maybe?

but i'm always skeptical
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM
wmjosjr
Instructor

Front end body parts, front rails. It was a racetrack crash so no insurance involved. This was a referral by a personal friend therefore I let my guard down a bit and never expected this.

Last edited by wmjosjr; 06-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

Sorry to hear about your crash. I think an attorney is in order. Don't waste time and don't feel bad about your good friend and his recommendation. Have you called the BBB? Please let us know the outcome. Don't just walk away. Best of luck.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 PM
wmjosjr
Instructor

Originally Posted by dougj1985

Originally Posted by MKenM
Sorry to hear about your crash. I think an attorney is in order. Don't waste time and don't feel bad about your good friend and his recommendation. Have you called the BBB? Please let us know the outcome. Don't just walk away. Best of luck.
I've already contacted an attorney and the BBB is next. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:04 PM
wmjosjr
Instructor

Originally Posted by BSE1956
Hope you have estimate in writing, and or proof of intentions and payment.
This is a little past small claims court. See an attorney.
An attorney has already been contacted. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Goatdad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Why do you have two of the same threads rolling at once??
Old 06-15-2012, 09:01 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,920 Likes on 4,806 Posts

Originally Posted by Goatdad
Why do you have two of the same threads rolling at once??
One is Z6 and the other one is Z8.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino Power Plus Auto

Quick Reply: Zaino Power Plus Auto