C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to call BG yet??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Bubba's C6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to call BG yet??

Hey guys,

My order is at status 3000, last I checked, with a TPW of 11/15. When would I contact BG to find out when the car will be on the line?? I was hoping to fly down for a day or so to go through the tour and hope to catch my car on the line.

Also, when could I expect a VIN to be issued??

Thanks for all your help!!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Telemekhos
Advanced

I think you have to wait for status 3400 when the car is sequenced to get a VIN. Then you can call Kevin (Not your dealer) and get the VIN. In order to get a VIN from a dealer it must be status 3800 i think.
thanks,
-T-
Old 10-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Bubba's C6
Instructor

Thanks for the info!!! Just wanted to check to see when I have to make travel arrangements!
Old 10-20-2004, 01:11 PM
SSkindog
Racer

Kevin will only have a VIN if the car is within 10 days of production. You might want to wait till the 1st week of November to check on it.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Bubba's C6
Instructor

Thanks again for the info!
Old 10-20-2004, 02:43 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba's C6
Hey guys,

My order is at status 3000, last I checked, with a TPW of 11/15. When would I contact BG to find out when the car will be on the line?? I was hoping to fly down for a day or so to go through the tour and hope to catch my car on the line.

Also, when could I expect a VIN to be issued??

Thanks for all your help!!
From what seen on this board about missed schedules at the factory, you might want to rent a room by the week when you get there.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Wedtwuk
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bubba's C6
Thanks again for the info!
Your post didn't say if you were doing Museum Delivery. If you are you need to coordinate that with the Museum as once the car is released it takes some amount of time to get it from the BG plant to the Museum and then they need to prep it before you can pick it up. Mine was completed last Saturday and was supposedly released for shipment to the Museum according to Kevin. According to my dealer it is on "quality hold." The museum has no idea where it is so we can't schedule a museum delivery date. I spoke to an independent person whose judgement I value and they said to believe Kevin. Just wanted you to know that even if your car is built and you are planning on Museum delivery that things can change the dates so your travel plans are best if flexible. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Time to call BG yet??

Quick Reply: Time to call BG yet??