C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear GM... It's about your vendor... Alllied

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 07:01 PM
bramwellt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear GM... It's about your vendor... Alllied

Okay GM... Here's the deal. I don't know who in your organization is responsible for setting up this partnership with Allied. To be honest, I don't really care. They're acting on your behalf, and because of that, this whole mess is your fault. Call it, poor vendor management.

Here's the situation. This company is lying to dealerships about delivery dates for C6's. This might not seem like a big deal to you, but when the dealership passes the delivery date along to the customer, and they get their hopes up and the day off of work, only to find that the truck never got there, it becomes a big deal to the person shelling out the $50k for your little car.

I have now gotten my hopes up, and been crushed more than 5 times. Since 3 of these days fell on work days, I have now burned 3 days of vacation with my employer, waiting for this supposed Corvette to show up with nothing to show for it in the end. My cost: $1269 worth of vacation days, and a lot of really cr@ppy daytime TV.

Now, under no fault of their own, the dealership is upsetting the customer. They want to give their customer as much information as they can, but when they're being shoveled a boat-full of cr@p from some company acting on your behalf, we have a recipe for disaster. I have never been so happy with a dealership as I have been with Sunnyvale Chevrolet. My salesman is awesome, and is crushed the same way as I am, every time a delivery date comes and goes. I started the waiting list at my dealership in Nov. 2003. Position number one. They were all very excited I came in, and I consider some of the people that work there to be my friends. I have since bought a 2004 Silverado 4x4 Extended cab Z51 from them. Three of my co-workers have bought cars from them as well. A 2004 Silverado 2500 4 door Z51, a Colorado, and a used C4. All of my co-workers love them as well. They rule. I know it's not their fault the car is late.

The fact that the car is delayed is not the problem. It's the fact that a delivery date goes out that can't be met, and no update is sent to the dealership letting them know of the delay. Really, that's just plain rude. Why on god's green earth should I give my money to a corporation that treats people this way?

So, I'd really love to drive a Corvette; I'd really love to buy an American sports car, and the vette is the only one that interests me. Problem is now, it's becoming "not worth the hassle" - You're driving me away. I don't like being lied to. I have no recourse but to take my money elsewhere. I am not financing my car. I'm paying for it, and driving away. This was an easy sale. Now that my date has been slipped, yet again, to 10/25, I don't know what to believe. Everyone at work keeps stopping by and asking "Did you get your Vette yet?! I really wanna see it!" and I have to just sit there and look like an @ss. I guess, in the interest of buying american, and fulfilling a life-long dream of owning a vette, I'll give it one more shot. Just one more f-ing shot at getting the car I want. After that, I'll get my deposit back, and move along.

You will force me to betray my new friends at my dealership, and buy a BMW M3 SMG Convertible from somewhere else. I will email pictures of it to you, to show you what you've done to a guy with a dream and $50k burning a hole in his pocket.

Last edited by bramwellt; 10-19-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Gm dosen't give a chitt, they figure that a pi$$ed off BMW customer will buy your vette and you will buy his M3. To them, it all evens out.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:12 PM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

We're in exactly the same position. I'll be on my third delivery date as of tomorrow with the car still sitting in the Allied lot. Last week, Allied PROMISED my dealer that the car would be loaded Tuesday morning and head right up to NH for a 10/20 delivery. It must have fallen off the truck somewhere, 'cause it sure ain't here and now Allied says it's still sitting in their yard and going nowhere.

My dealer has also been great and wants this car almost as badly as I do. I just went from a BMW Z4 to the C6. I knew exactly where the BMW order was every step of the way, and it was shipped here from SC, after the build date, in less than a week...as promised.

I don't know what Allied's problem is. They obviously aren't going to ship a carrier with only one car on it, but haven't these guys heard of mini carriers? I hope I am asked, by GM, about the buying experience sometime...I'll have lots to say about our friends at Allied.

Stan
Old 10-19-2004, 08:31 PM
gellis
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I suggest taking a deep breath.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Bram, I'm bummin for you. In many ways you remind me of myself. If I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing.....taken the day off to be there when it came in.

One interesting viewpoint is to look at it from GM's point of view. It may be Allied, but they are GM's agent so I consider them one in the same. Their mission is to build a top quality car with first class performance, reliability, style, value....etc. You get my point. Now on top of all of those priorities, scheduling has become an additional requirement. As we all know, they have to have enough Corvettes to fill a truck (or close to full) before they can economically ship your Corvette to you. I'm not saying it can't be done. But as any project manager knows, these types of scheduling activities require additional resources and therefore, cost. I'm not saying I wouldn't be pissed, because I would. But 5 years ago, you would have ordered you car, bugged your salesman once every 2 weeks, and then one day, he would call and tell you to come get your car. Now we are expecting them the arrive on time like an airline flight. I hope you get it soon. I'm thinking more and more about R8C for my 2006.

p.s would BMW do any better job of making it possible for you to be there when the transport arrives?

Last edited by need-for-speed; 10-19-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

I think the big issue is Allied not providing information to most people and providing bad information to others. Most of us understand that they need to ship things efficiently, so the fact that some cars have to wait a little longer to ship is not a problem.

They know days in advance what cars are being built, in what order, going to where. There is no excuse for not know exactly when each truck will get filled with which cars going where. Now, the variation in build rate and events (truck breakdowns, etc) will vary the exact dates, but they should have a lot better handle on it than they do. My guess is that the reason they don't want to give out information is that people would realize how messed up they are.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:32 PM
C5XPert
Instructor

People, Its not at all the shippers fault. Your cars are on hold for various quality problems. When the plant gets new parts they will be fixed and shipped. I warned you guys about first year GM cars and I was called a Troll. This is why your cars are sitting there not because of Allied.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:47 PM
archtop
Drifting

Its really BS to be lied to about a shipping arrival date, maybe its total misorganization.GM's $800.00 destination charge is the highest in the buisness so how about coming thru with the goods.My Honda s2000 was shipped from Japan and the destination charges were only $400.00. It got there a week before the projected arrival date.Coming from Ky. should be cheaper and faster.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:47 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bramwellt
You will force me to betray my new friends at my dealership, and buy a BMW M3 SMG Convertible from somewhere else. I will email pictures of it to you, to show you what you've done to a guy with a dream and $50k burning a hole in his pocket.
Have you checked with your BMW dealership to see if they will accurately tell you when you new M3 will arrive so that you can take off work and watch it being backed off the truck?

You have every right to be pissed at GM and Allied, but you might wish to think twice about cutting off your nose to spite your face...
Old 10-19-2004, 11:49 PM
bramwellt
Racer

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
I think the big issue is Allied not providing information to most people and providing bad information to others. Most of us understand that they need to ship things efficiently, so the fact that some cars have to wait a little longer to ship is not a problem.

They know days in advance what cars are being built, in what order, going to where. There is no excuse for not know exactly when each truck will get filled with which cars going where. Now, the variation in build rate and events (truck breakdowns, etc) will vary the exact dates, but they should have a lot better handle on it than they do. My guess is that the reason they don't want to give out information is that people would realize how messed up they are.
I'd have to agree with you. I'm not upset at all about how long it's taking to get my car here. Far from it. Hell, I've waited a year so far, I'm not going to sweat a couple more weeks here and there. The issue is gearing up for it, taking time off, getting my hopes up, telling people it's coming, only to have it all fall apart at the end of that day. Tell me when you can ship it, and ship the damn thing. If that's next month, so be it.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:19 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by C5XPert
... Inappropriate comments deleted -- savewave ...
Okay, you're not a troll. You're just a moron. And you are acting like you know more than we do about what is going on. Please tell it to some other forum. We're not buying what your are selling.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:49 AM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by StanNH
We're in exactly the same position. I'll be on my third delivery date as of tomorrow with the car still sitting in the Allied lot. Last week, Allied PROMISED my dealer that the car would be loaded Tuesday morning and head right up to NH for a 10/20 delivery. It must have fallen off the truck somewhere, 'cause it sure ain't here and now Allied says it's still sitting in their yard and going nowhere.

My dealer has also been great and wants this car almost as badly as I do. I just went from a BMW Z4 to the C6. I knew exactly where the BMW order was every step of the way, and it was shipped here from SC, after the build date, in less than a week...as promised.

I don't know what Allied's problem is. They obviously aren't going to ship a carrier with only one car on it, but haven't these guys heard of mini carriers? I hope I am asked, by GM, about the buying experience sometime...I'll have lots to say about our friends at Allied.

Stan
Stan,
"loaded on the truck" means nothing. Mine was loaded on a truck but the truck did not leave BG for 3 days. Something to do with the drivers bidding on routes. From loading to NY took a solid week!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:57 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Mr. Pert is on my ignore list, but since he was quoted I saw his BS post. We're talking about cars that are no longer at the factory lot...they have been turned over to Allied for shipping and are just collecting dust waiting to be loaded on a truck. The quoted post has no relevancy to this thread at all. Now, back to the subject...

My problem with Allied is not how long it takes to get a full load to some locations, it's the rude and deceitful way they go about their business. Why promise a date when you can't meet it? Why keep doing that same thing over and over again? Why then lie about the reasons for those delays? Why be rude to both individuals and dealers who try to check on the status of a car? I'm sure the Allied drivers are great, as has been mentioned here many times, but their office staff is in sore need of an attitude adjustment.

Relative to BMW....yes, I knew exactly when my last two BMWs would be at the dealer's lot. In both cases, they were shipped from the factory as promised and arrived right on time. BMW has online tracking available to the public as well. Their order tracking system should be a model for GM. It is not always completely up to date, but BMW makes sure the dealer's computer information is absolutely current.

Stan
Old 10-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by jschindler
Okay, you're not a troll. You're just a moron. And you are acting like you know more than we do about what is going on. Please tell it to some other forum. We're not buying what your are selling.
C5XPert is so full of He knows nothing about what is going on and deserves the symbol more than anyone else I have ever seen on the Forum. What a loser.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:48 AM
AJC5
Pro

WAAAAAAAA

How about you guys wait patiently for your dealer to call?
Old 10-20-2004, 09:04 AM
33ZZ4
Advanced

C5xpert Is A Jerk.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Ginny C6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-7-8-9-10-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by AJC5
WAAAAAAAA

It looks like you need you diaper changed

Get notified of new replies

To Dear GM... It's about your vendor... Alllied

Old 10-20-2004, 09:10 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AJC5
WAAAAAAAA

We have been...that's the problem. The problem is the fictional delivery dates that are being given to the dealers by Allied. How many times do you think your dealer should call you to tell you your car will be in tomorrow only to be told "oops"? If we were given a realistic delivery date, we wouldn't be complaining. This isn't whining, it's anger and frustration.

Stan
Old 10-20-2004, 09:31 AM
John George
Melting Slicks

Location: All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies. --Bokonon
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'07

People, Its not at all the shippers fault. Your cars are on hold for various quality problems. When the plant gets new parts they will be fixed and shipped. This is why your cars are sitting there not because of Allied.
IMO, you have no idea why any one person's car is being held or is delayed in shipping. If you do have this information, cite your source and provide proof.

I warned you guys about first year GM cars and I was called a Troll.
How other CF members see you is your responsibility. You are judged by your posts.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:12 AM
NOVAVETTE
Burning Brakes

This problem really does seem bad.
However, I really shouldn't comment because
I just drove 20min. to a local Chevy dealer and
bought my C6 right off the lot that day.
No price gouging (paid MSRP). Car was fully loaded
with the every option I wanted and was the exact
color combination I would have ordered - had I gone that route.
Hopefully your problems resolve themselves and you get your car
soon.
Here's a pic of my C6:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...at/1044/page/1

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Dear GM... It's about your vendor... Alllied