C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear GM... It's about your vendor... Alllied

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:54 AM
AJC5
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stan,

Next time the dealer calls, go into work, just wait until 2 hours before he closes and see if it is there yet. If it is, take off early and drive there, if it isn't, you didn't waste your day.

Actually you should be able to wait until you get off work to check, since most dealers stay open past normal business hours.

Don't take time away from your schedule unless the car is physically on the lot!

Better yet, make the dealer come and pick you up in it when it arrives, that should take care of the inconvenience caused.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:58 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by NOVAVETTE
This problem really does seem bad.
However, I really shouldn't comment because
I just drove 20min. to a local Chevy dealer and
bought my C6 right off the lot that day.
No price gouging (paid MSRP). Car was fully loaded
with the every option I wanted and was the exact
color combination I would have ordered - had I gone that route.
Hopefully your problems resolve themselves and you get your car
soon.
Here's a pic of my C6:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...at/1044/page/1

Good Luck!
I wish I was able to find one on the lot here, but it didn't happen. Your car looks great in black...congratulations!

Stan
Old 10-20-2004, 11:02 AM
AJC5
Pro

It looks like you need you diaper changed
I don't wear diapers. I did at one time though..a long time ago. The baby in the picture does though and the guys whining about delivery dates probably should.

I can't believe that this thread was started. Bramwelt, if you think GM gives a crap if you buy a BMW, you are sorely mistaken.
The care about that as much as I do. Please feel free to take your whine butt to the BMW dealer.

If any of you think that one person or even one hundered make a dent in GMs profit margin, you are wrong.

This is a hot car and if you don't buy it, someone else will.
Dealers aren't charging above MSRP because they feel like it.
Someone must want this car badly.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:03 AM
AJC5
Pro

Oh beautiful car Novavette. That is the color I want.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:15 AM
bramwellt
Racer

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
p.s would BMW do any better job of making it possible for you to be there when the transport arrives?
Unfortunately, yeah... they do. When I ordered my Mini Cooper S, I could track the car, all the way through the manufacturing process, then to the shipping yard, then get the name of the ships registry, and track it across the pond. I knew, within about a 2 hour window, when the car would arrive. That car cost $24k
Old 10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
bramwellt
Racer

Originally Posted by AJC5
WAAAAAAAA

How about you guys wait patiently for your dealer to call?
Welcome to my ignore list.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:23 AM
0Rick @ Les Stanford
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by StanNH
We have been...that's the problem. The problem is the fictional delivery dates that are being given to the dealers by Allied. How many times do you think your dealer should call you to tell you your car will be in tomorrow only to be told "oops"? If we were given a realistic delivery date, we wouldn't be complaining. This isn't whining, it's anger and frustration.

Stan
The dealer should not call you at all until the car has arrived and been PDIed. Then you can go down and drive it home. Anything else is just setting you up for dissappointment.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:24 AM
bramwellt
Racer

I don't wear diapers. I did at one time though..a long time ago. The baby in the picture does though and the guys whining about delivery dates probably should.

I can't believe that this thread was started. Bramwelt, if you think GM gives a crap if you buy a BMW, you are sorely mistaken.
The care about that as much as I do. Please feel free to take your whine butt to the BMW dealer.

If any of you think that one person or even one hundered make a dent in GMs profit margin, you are wrong.

This is a hot car and if you don't buy it, someone else will.
Dealers aren't charging above MSRP because they feel like it.
Someone must want this car badly.
So. You think I need to wear diapers? Wow. You need to wear a gag. I never got nasty to you. Thanx for taking the gloves off before the dukes were even put up. You're an @ss. I'll take my butt wherever I want. I don't care if GM cares or not (while I tend to think they do, or they wouldn't be building cars). You should buy a clue, and some manners. Like I said, welcome to my ban list. You're in great company.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bramwellt
Okay GM... Here's the deal.............
I have now gotten my hopes up, and been crushed more than 5 times. Since 3 of these days fell on work days, I have now burned 3 days of vacation with my employer, waiting for this supposed Corvette to show up with nothing to show for it in the end. My cost: $1269 worth of vacation days, and a lot of really cr@ppy daytime TV.
WOW: Lets figure this out.

$1269/3 = $223 a day /8 = ~$52.87 per hour X 2080 annual hrs. = $110,000.00 a year.

I certainly hope you get some benefits to offset the crummy pay!
Old 10-20-2004, 12:24 PM
AJC5
Pro

So. You think I need to wear diapers?
Yes.

I never got nasty to you.
That is true. I just have never seen a grown man whine so much.

I'll take my butt wherever I want.
Hopefully to the BMW dealer so you can cry on their forums
about nothing.

You should buy a clue, and some manners.
I have a clue, and I give respect where it is due.
A grown man whining like a spoiled teen age girl deserves none.

Like I said, welcome to my ban list. You're in great company.
Must be the all the mature Corvette drivers with common sense group.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:35 PM
STBC6
Advanced

WAAAAAAAA

How about you guys wait patiently for your dealer to call?
Posting a picture of a baby that has monitors hooked up to it probably will not win you the most popular award. To top it off you make an inflammatory comment that obviously has no barring on you. So how about STFU.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:28 PM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick @ Les Stanford
The dealer should not call you at all until the car has arrived and been PDIed. Then you can go down and drive it home. Anything else is just setting you up for dissappointment.
I wouldn't have thought so when this all started but, in retrospect, you seem to be 100% correct. My dealer has been trying to keep me as informed as possible, unfortunately he never warned me about the non-binding nature of the delivery dates. His good intentions have just led to a lot of unnecessary frustration on my part.

Thanks for the comments, Rick. It's appreciated. I'll just forget about this car for a while and go read a book.

Stan
Old 10-20-2004, 01:53 PM
slowtrak
Racer

Wow ! I sure learned something from this thread . When my dealer calls me and gives me the delivery date, I will say call me when you are looking at my car ! If Allied is really this bad then can't we as a forum of many let GM know some way ? Is there a GM customer service email address ? We ought to say something if enough of us are experiencing these problems with delivery and Allied ?
Old 10-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Ginny C6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-7-8-9-10-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Rick @ Les Stanford
I disagree. My dealer call me today to tell me mine is on the truck, and should be there tomorrow. I have to arrange time off work to go get the car and plan the suprise for my wife. I appreciate her keeping me informed.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:02 PM
RIC96
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Quote:
I never got nasty to you.
That is true. I just have never seen a grown man whine so much.

I agree!
Old 10-20-2004, 02:09 PM
slowtrak
Racer

So kcart your dealer said your car should be there ? No promises ? I like that . Maybe bramwellt's dealer just needs to realise Allied can't be trusted and tell their Vette customers that the car might be there tomorrow !?!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:22 PM
AJC5
Pro

Posting a picture of a baby that has monitors hooked up to it probably will not win you the most popular award. To top it off you make an inflammatory comment that obviously has no barring on you. So how about STFU.
Don't make more out of the picture than it is...
This issue will have barring? I think you meant bearing, and it
will have a bearing on me when I order my C6 and await it. I can tell you that although I will be anxious as hell, I will not come on here and whine that it is not here yet. I will also not blame the shipper and the manufacturer that I missed time at work; due to the fact that I am too ignorant to call, or have the dealer call me when the car is physically there.

Get notified of new replies

To Dear GM... It's about your vendor... Alllied

Old 10-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

Originally Posted by slowtrak
So kcart your dealer said your car should be there ? No promises ?
Why would they make a promise if it's out of their hands?
Old 10-23-2004, 11:00 PM
MY C6 Z51
Intermediate

Bramwelt,
Did you order you vette with a manual trannie? There was defect identified recently ( http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=930805 ) that may have held you '05 in BG while they were trying to resolve the problem....
Old 10-23-2004, 11:16 PM
LEXUS430
Racer

Default Delivert Y Dates

I ran into the same problem i was told 3 weeks ago it would be in friday. friday afternoon i call no car now it's probably sat. sat afternoon i call now it's monday morning. lunch time monday i call thet say the carrier is in baltimore( i'm just south of new york) so i figure by 4 or 5 i call at 4 and now i'm told it never made the carrier it's still at the factory. needless to say i'm not very happy. i call tuesday no one will call me back. i get the owners phone # call him every few hours no word . itry again on wednesday at 5 he tells me it will be in on friday. if i want to come in thursday am to fill out the paperwork that would be ok. thursday at 11 i'm getting ready to leave i get a call it's in!! i've had it for 3 weeks and just hit 500 miles the wait is torture but it's worth it when yoy get to the dealership and they bring you to the clean up are watch them prep the car then you drive off.

Quick Reply: Dear GM... It's about your vendor... Alllied