C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allied did it to me again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 03:32 PM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Default Allied did it to me again!

My car was built 10/7 and in Allied's lot on 10/8. First, they sent my dealer a 10/15 delivery date. Nothing showed up. Then, after my dealer checked, they sent a new date of 10/20. I just had my dealer check again. Allied first said the car was on QC hold at the factory, then finally admitted it was sitting in their lot all this time. The woman my dealer spoke with was rude and refused to give him any information at all. So, as of now, nobody has any idea when Allied will finally get this car on a carrier and have it delivered. I am finally really pissed off! Why doesn't GM just tell these guys to take a walk and get a shipping company that actually can deliver their cars?

Stan
Old 10-19-2004, 03:36 PM
C64BC
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stan, you should hop on a plane and go get it! Heck, if they wait any longer you might have snow on the ground up there and miss the last several truly great driving days of fall.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:40 PM
bramwellt
Racer

Originally Posted by StanNH
My car was built 10/7 and in Allied's lot on 10/8. First, they sent my dealer a 10/15 delivery date. Nothing showed up. Then, after my dealer checked, they sent a new date of 10/20. I just had my dealer check again. Allied first said the car was on QC hold at the factory, then finally admitted it was sitting in their lot all this time. The woman my dealer spoke with was rude and refused to give him any information at all. So, as of now, nobody has any idea when Allied will finally get this car on a carrier and have it delivered. I am finally really pissed off! Why doesn't GM just tell these guys to take a walk and get a shipping company that actually can deliver their cars?

Stan
Can I ask you what you used for their contact info? My dealer keeps telling me the truck should be there today, and has done so for the past 4 days. Rude or not, I'd like to know if mine is still sitting on their lot as well...
Old 10-19-2004, 04:11 PM
elh0102
Burning Brakes

I'm in pretty much the same boat (or truck) as you. I think my car, 5029, was also build 10/7. The only information I have been able to confirm, is that it has been released to Allied, and there are no holds on it, ready for shipping. The dealer I ordered through has a large allocation, with 8 or 10 cars now waiting for delivery, so I am hoping it will make it on a carrier this week. If the issue is simply inadequate capacity, it seems GM should be able to negotiate for better service. With the enormous losses GM is now suffering, one would think they would be doing everything possible to deliver these cars and enhance cash flow. I don't understand it.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:18 PM
avvetteguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by elh0102
I'm in pretty much the same boat (or truck) as you. I think my car, 5029, was also build 10/7. The only information I have been able to confirm, is that it has been released to Allied, and there are no holds on it, ready for shipping. The dealer I ordered through has a large allocation, with 8 or 10 cars now waiting for delivery, so I am hoping it will make it on a carrier this week. If the issue is simply inadequate capacity, it seems GM should be able to negotiate for better service. With the enormous losses GM is now suffering, one would think they would be doing everything possible to deliver these cars and enhance cash flow. I don't understand it.
From what I understand from Allied is that they wait until the truck is full or pretty much full before they ship. They wont ship a car unless it has at least 9 cars on it, the carrier can take 11.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:18 PM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C64BC
Stan, you should hop on a plane and go get it! Heck, if they wait any longer you might have snow on the ground up there and miss the last several truly great driving days of fall.
Believe me, I'm worried about that. I still can't believe this is happening...11 days on their lot and still no idea when they'll get around to shipping it. The full loads to large dealers seem to go right out, but those of us in rural areas with small dealers are pretty much screwed.

The phone number for Allied is 270-781-1636, but this is supposed to be a dealer only line. They will usually not give any info to individuals.

Good luck. I'm totally fed up with these people at this point.

Stan
Old 10-19-2004, 04:22 PM
HiloVette
Instructor

Stan.... you aren't the only one. My VIN 4949 was in the production line when it was shut down due to the MN6 problem. My dealer tries to pin the situation down daily; but, no result so far. I've been up and down with every emotion to the extent that I now really don't give a d**n! I just hold the thought that it is best that GM maintain high standards of quality control and in this case, patience on our parts must reign supreme. No consolation... just a meager explanation. Once my car IS released, I have the further concern of the shipping via Matson Lines from Oakland to Hawaii. Another forum member here has had his C6 held in Oakland for more than a month now and still cannot get an explanation as to the reason why. There is the issue of the nation's terrorism hysteria that has forced Matson to x-ray every single container, upside down and backwards, prior to opening here in the Islands. So, all I can say is that I hope that I will have mine at least before the 2006 models are released a year from now. The whole thing just plain sucks, big time! Last week I even went throught he gyrations of cancelling the C6 order and settling for a BMW 330Ci. But, bottom line is that nothing can match (in my mind) this Corvette. So, all I can offer is to suggest patience. Sad to say.....
Old 10-19-2004, 04:32 PM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Well, I must admit I feel a little better knowing there are others out there in the same situation. I own my own retail business and can't get away or I would have done NCM delivery and avoided this torture. I won't even think of canceling the order...I want the car too much.

This wouldn't have been quite so frustrating if Allied hadn't given my dealer delivery dates. Twice now I've been told my car was coming, and twice that information was based on nothing. I guess when this is all over I won't think back on the endless lies and delays, but for now I am not a happy camper.

Given the lack of options, I guess patience is the only way to go...like it or not.

Stan
Old 10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Well, I must admit I feel a little better knowing there are others out there in the same situation. I own my own retail business and can't get away or I would have done NCM delivery and avoided this torture. I won't even think of canceling the order...I want the car too much.

This wouldn't have been quite so frustrating if Allied hadn't given my dealer delivery dates. Twice now I've been told my car was coming, and twice that information was based on nothing. I guess when this is all over I won't think back on the endless lies and delays, but for now I am not a happy camper.

Given the lack of options, I guess patience is the only way to go...like it or not.

Stan

I was told, before hand, that because I live in Hole-in-the-Wall, Arizona, NOT to expect my car too soon! Deliveries are few, and far between. So, even though VIN 4997 was completed 2 weeks ago, I was told that it might take 'til almost Nov. to get my car. As a result, I am at trying to be patient, and, so far, NOT as PISSED OFF, as you!
Old 10-19-2004, 04:55 PM
STBC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by HiloVette
Stan.... you aren't the only one. My VIN 4949 was in the production line when it was shut down due to the MN6 problem. My dealer tries to pin the situation down daily; but, no result so far. I've been up and down with every emotion to the extent that I now really don't give a d**n! I just hold the thought that it is best that GM maintain high standards of quality control and in this case, patience on our parts must reign supreme. No consolation... just a meager explanation. Once my car IS released, I have the further concern of the shipping via Matson Lines from Oakland to Hawaii. Another forum member here has had his C6 held in Oakland for more than a month now and still cannot get an explanation as to the reason why. There is the issue of the nation's terrorism hysteria that has forced Matson to x-ray every single container, upside down and backwards, prior to opening here in the Islands. So, all I can say is that I hope that I will have mine at least before the 2006 models are released a year from now. The whole thing just plain sucks, big time! Last week I even went throught he gyrations of cancelling the C6 order and settling for a BMW 330Ci. But, bottom line is that nothing can match (in my mind) this Corvette. So, all I can offer is to suggest patience. Sad to say.....

Hang in there. I just got word from allied that they received mine back from BG yesterday and put a priority code on it. Finally some progress.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:18 PM
vettedrummer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 255 Likes on 74 Posts

Stan;
Hang in there. you and I were in the same boat last week, but mine, 5041 was delivered Friday to the dealer. The only difference I can think of is that mine went to Kerbeck which had several other cars on the truck. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:23 PM
bramwellt
Racer

Believe me, I'm worried about that. I still can't believe this is happening...11 days on their lot and still no idea when they'll get around to shipping it. The full loads to large dealers seem to go right out, but those of us in rural areas with small dealers are pretty much screwed.

The phone number for Allied is 270-781-1636, but this is supposed to be a dealer only line. They will usually not give any info to individuals.

Good luck. I'm totally fed up with these people at this point.

Stan
Thanx Stan... I'll get this number to my dealer, if they don't already have it.

Tom
Old 10-19-2004, 05:38 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Stan
mine set from sept 2 build date till it arrived at my dealer on sept 30 so what is happening is not new. i was also pissed but there is nothing that GM or your dealer can do as they need to fill the trucks before they move out. the dealers that get a whole truck load like kerbeck get them a lot faster. the NCM delivery looks like the way to go BUT if GM has a hold on your car it sure would screw up your airline tickets that you bought in advance. i was also told that mine was being loaded the next day but it never happened. the contacts at the BG factory only know what is on their computer screens as my car was built 2 weeks after i was told it was to be built.

Last edited by clem zahrobsky; 10-19-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:47 PM
vettejoel
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'17

Allied had mine on their lot for 3 weeks. G.M should find a new carrier. They did, however, tell me when it would be delivered in a 2 hour window. Just pray that yours has all 4 tail lights when it gets there If the silver C6 on this truck was mine I would have been

Old 10-19-2004, 05:49 PM
bramwellt
Racer

Stan
UPDATE: well, my salesman just called me back. He called Allied (thanx Stan for the info) and it looks like my scenario is pretty much the same as others here; my NEW new new new date for delivery is now 10/25. Sigh... whatever. We'll see what it becomes after 10/25. I keep saying... one more slip, and I'm buying an M3 SMG. I'll throw the threat out there again, but probably not act on it, again.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:55 PM
1320fan
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel your pain! Mine was only built 10-15 but I'm already starting to get antsy!!

Get notified of new replies

To Allied did it to me again!

Quick Reply: Allied did it to me again!