C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am sick of the MN6 Delay with No Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 10:31 AM
RedC6Vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I am sick of the MN6 Delay with No Information

VIN number 4434 with a MN6. It was produced two weeks ago. Talked to the dealer this a.m. and he has checked with the dealer assistance center. It is still on hold but another MN6 order he had ordered was produced subsequent to mine and is now in shipping. Dealer assistance center can't provide any more information and Kevin at BG has nothing to offer.

I am seriously considering asking for my money back and buying a different car altogether. This just isn't worth it! I can wait if I know what is going on, but it appears no one at GM is willing to tell you what is going on.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:41 AM
STBC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by RedC6Vette
VIN number 4434 with a MN6. It was produced two weeks ago. Talked to the dealer this a.m. and he has checked with the dealer assistance center. It is still on hold but another MN6 order he had ordered was produced subsequent to mine and is now in shipping. Dealer assistance center can't provide any more information and Kevin at BG has nothing to offer.

I am seriously considering asking for my money back and buying a different car altogether. This just isn't worth it! I can wait if I know what is going on, but it appears no one at GM is willing to tell you what is going on.
I'm pi****! Feel the same way. BMW is looking better every day. Almost 1000 cars produced later than my 4001 are shipping and it doesn't seem like they are getting any special attention knowing we are waiting, waiting, waiting. Think we will get any preference in the line for allied? Doubt it. Will go in line @ allied like we came off the line this week. Refund please. With all due respect if you are not in the scenerio of the MN6 please don't tell me I'm being impatient until you have walked in my shoes.

Last edited by STBC6; 10-15-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:54 AM
cbecker
Cruising

Default Just to help....

My VIN 4021, was finally release to Gary at the Museum on Thursday..after the hold...so, they are working throught he problem.

Remember, in less than a week, they identified the problem and have released a huge number of cars. I know its hard...but be patient.

Are you doing a NCM delivery?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:04 AM
NOVAVETTE
Burning Brakes

Totally sucks for you guys with all this waiting.
I am so glad I just drove up to a dealer and bought the car off the lot.
No hassle, no waiting, no drama.
Hopefully this all ends soon so you can stop and start
Old 10-15-2004, 11:15 AM
elh0102
Burning Brakes

I am in your shoes, and I know how you feel. I was told yesterday by my dealer, that Allied confirmed to him my car was released for shipping yesterday, and there are no holds on it. It should ship next week; we'll see.

My car is about 600 after yours. It is my understanding that about 400 cars were inspected for the transmission problem, with a few over 100 determined to need replacement. Your car might be among the ones now waiting for the transmission replacement, which could explain the fact that later-numbered cars are being shipped. I know it is frustrating. In my case, the sales person brought in the general manager, who placed a couple of calls to BG, finally receiving confirmation from Allied that it was released to them for shipping yesterday AM. Obviously, there are people at the plant who can quickly determine the status of your car, and where it is in line for the transmission change. My suggestion is to involve the general manager, or owner at your dealership, and try to escalate the matter to a person of an appropriate level of responsibiliy at the plant. Understandably, they cannot research every customer order, but yours is in a status that should justify a little research, if you can get the right folks involved. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:28 AM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

I know it may not make you feel much better, but aren't you glad that if the transmission needs to be replaced, that it be done there at BG, then for you to have received it, have it fail on you or something, and then to have to leave it at the dealer to have it replaced or repaired under warranty?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:45 AM
STBC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by vincent_esq
I know it may not make you feel much better, but aren't you glad that if the transmission needs to be replaced, that it be done there at BG, then for you to have received it, have it fail on you or something, and then to have to leave it at the dealer to have it replaced or repaired under warranty?
This was comforting to know last week. But mine was like next in line to go on the car carrier on Oct 6th and BG pulled it at the last minute. This is the 15th and I know nothing more than I did on the 6th. That warm fuzzy fealing of them finding it before it was shipped turned cold this week with no information on were it may be in the bowling green triangle. <The bowling green triangle is the area between allied's shipping lot and the bowling green plant.> To date over 400 C6 corvettes have been effected by this anomaly. Tune into The Discovery Channel next week for the missing C6 mystery special.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:12 PM
SteveJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Transmission replacement is a big deal

Originally Posted by STBC6
I'm pi****! Feel the same way. BMW is looking better every day. Almost 1000 cars produced later than my 4001 are shipping and it doesn't seem like they are getting any special attention knowing we are waiting, waiting, waiting. Think we will get any preference in the line for allied? Doubt it. Will go in line @ allied like we came off the line this week. Refund please. With all due respect if you are not in the scenerio of the MN6 please don't tell me I'm being impatient until you have walked in my shoes.
If a car is already assembled and the transmission is found to have a problem, it takes about a day to replace it. The entire drivetrain is disassembled. I know someone who had a transmission replaced on a new Z06 and he was invited to the dealer to see his car in pieces. I'm not telling you to be patient, just trying to explain the situation.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by elh0102
I am in your shoes, and I know how you feel. I was told yesterday by my dealer, that Allied confirmed to him my car was released for shipping yesterday, and there are no holds on it. It should ship next week; we'll see.
Today, my dealer puts my VIN 4997 in your exact same boat.(truck?)
He says 2 weeks, total, as small western towns seem to get their deliveries last.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

For whatever it's worth, I found this in regards to the MN6 trouble:

"the trans factory missed a internal snap ring in some trans"
Old 10-15-2004, 01:34 PM
don527
Drifting

my guess is that your car is one of those with the bad trannys.

it's a catch 22 of sorts... on one hand you hate that they're ripping the car apart to swap the tranny. on the other hand at least you know that plant workers are doing the work and most likely more quality control in making sure it's running well.

i know word was they were shipping new trannys for all new builds but for the ones already in use, are they replacing the entire tranny or are they just replacing the the parts in question?

once it's over and you have the keys in hand, it'll all be a memory. (unless you find out the homelink is missing after all that :o )good luck
Old 10-15-2004, 01:34 PM
HiloVette
Instructor

Default Same Here!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY!!! my feelings! My dealer is being kept completely in the dark with my VIN 4949 and Kevin is not returning my calls. I cannot find out a damn thing!!! My bet is that if I were taking Museum Delivery it would be delivered by now. Quite ready to cancel my order and go somewhere else too!!! Totally PISSED!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:48 PM
don527
Drifting

stbc6... at this point a bmw may seem like a good idea but unless you get one off the showroom floor, you wont get any better info if you were to order. prob wont know what the prob was if there was a delay and you'll be dealing with a whole new car with their own list of issues (very rarely does any manufacturer make a perfect car).
good luck.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:05 PM
bramwellt
Racer

Originally Posted by STBC6
I keep threatening... one more delay, and I'm getting an M3 Convertible. One of these days, I might make good on the threat and get my deposit back... Really don't want to though.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:14 PM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do what I do when ordering a car...order it then wait till the dealer says its here. If you involve yourself in the day to day process of the car being ordered, built, then delivered you just drive yourself nuts. Once the car is delivered you will realize all your frustrations were wasted emotions.

That being said, I wish you all good luck and happy driving once your cars arrive...
Old 10-15-2004, 03:18 PM
BigYellow04
Intermediate

FYI, First year Corvettes have a history of being plagued with production and service problems.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:24 PM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigYellow04
FYI, First year Corvettes have a history of being plagued with production and service problems.

Mmmmm...did someone change their handle again?

Get notified of new replies

To I am sick of the MN6 Delay with No Information

Old 10-15-2004, 03:53 PM
skfurr
Racer

Actually, LAST YEAR (2004) Corvettes have a history of being plagued with production and service problems. The factory workers have seen the same car for 8 years and are sick and tired of their jobs. They are thrilled to see something new and therefore go out of their way to make sure the new (2005) cars are built right.

Sorry, just having a bit of fun with ya...

Stephen
Old 10-15-2004, 03:55 PM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by WWK888
Mmmmm...did someone change their handle again?
We'll know within another day, for sure. He's been on the board one day so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Stan
Old 10-15-2004, 04:04 PM
7 OUT
Racer

Big Yellow you just signed up to the forum yesterday and this is your 25 post. Pretty active for a new member that's for sure. hmm

At first I didn't know what to think when I saw posts like yours but now I now they entertain me. I'm amazed at how many people you are able to rope in with your game. I think the classic had to be the "Feminization of the Corvette" Had me laughing out loud. I have to admit, that was creative.

Here are my assumptions, you are interested in performance cars, spend a lot of time thinking and reading about them, spend a lot of time on this forum. The problem is that they may be out of your reach, you may be frustrated by that so get off on taunting others who can, do and will own a new corvette. You are starving for attention even if it is negative because that is the only way you can get it. Kind of sad.

I love corvettes, I always have and probably always will. I don't care what year they where produced. Anything you say is not taken seriously so conversly, I can't help but laugh about it. You actually add a little flavor to the forum and I'm waiting for another beauty like the femization thread. It's Friday, bring it on, we can all use a few laughs. Especially those who are anxiously waiting for their shiny new beautiful C6 that is apparently out of your reach. Too bad.

Sincerely, Dana

Quick Reply: I am sick of the MN6 Delay with No Information