C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will calling Allied be a waste of time??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:44 PM
vettedrummer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 255 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Will calling Allied be a waste of time??

As previously posted, I am told there are many, many Vettes in the lot with no trucks to move them. My car should come off the line today, maybe early morning. I take it from others that this is where I now enter the Bermuda Triangle with no hope of knowing what is going on. Before I had the great help of Marvin and then Kevin, but now I gather i am at the whim of Allied. True?? TERRY PS How does a major player like GM move big selling cars like pick-ups etc?, or do they have the same problems.?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:51 PM
STBC6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine VIN ending 4001 came off the line 9/27. It arived at Allieds lot yesterday with no holds in between. I called the Allied 800# yesterday and the rep looked up my VIN and stated that it was on hold? Asked what that meant and he said a possible quality hold. Didn't have any detailed information beyond that? Beats me. Some say it could be a hold because of not enough cars going my way.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:01 PM
David Lasic
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

In the for sale section a posting says Kevin spoke of a two week quality hold on all of the cars. He was not sure why.

Could it be that all of the postings in this forum and perhaps others regarding F55 wiring problems, missing Home Link visors, Bose speaker static, etc. has caused the plant to hold them to look over ALL OF THEM??

This may not be an Allied problem at all. Anyone spoken with Kevin today might ask about this. I've got to check on my VIN either later today or tomorrow. I will ask then myself.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you call it won't help you get your C6 any sooner.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:21 PM
EHS
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vettedrummer
As previously posted, I am told there are many, many Vettes in the lot with no trucks to move them. My car should come off the line today, maybe early morning... but now I gather i am at the whim of Allied. True?? ...
Not true, and not a problem. I'll be happy to fly to Bowling Green and pick up the car for you. I can leave tonight.

Just let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To Will calling Allied be a waste of time??

Quick Reply: Will calling Allied be a waste of time??