C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 CD changer won't play above track 9 bug found and FIX!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 01:02 PM
DavesC5
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazerwolfe
That's awesome. Good work, Rich.
The power of the forum! *bows down*
The knowledge base here is nothing short of amazing.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
tomo67
Racer

That's great you found out about a fix. But for those who don't have any MP3 disks, it will be somewhat difficult. Let the dealer get one.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Mardav
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops, tried it on mine with no luck, still only plays tracks one and two. Any more ideas? If not it's off to the dealer.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:08 PM
KoreBoomer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by _Nomad_

C'mon! There are plenty of us techno-idiots out here!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:29 PM
richbell
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mardav
Oops, tried it on mine with no luck, still only plays tracks one and two. Any more ideas? If not it's off to the dealer.
Sorry.. brother.. what I posted worked for me. I wish it would have worked for you but your problem sounds slightly different..
Old 09-13-2004, 07:46 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Default This wont happen

Originally Posted by docrings1
toThere's a link going around on the Mercedes-Benz boards on how to "mod" their DVD/CD players in the new SLK350 play DVD movies on the NAV screen. This is possible in the European cars, but thanks to the lawyers in America, "locked-out" from US cars. It requires the dealer computer hookup system, and a willing technician (and a couple six packs of his favorite beverage, along with a promise not to sue if you wreck you car while watching Braveheart on the interstate.)
Any Chevy gurus working on modding the DVD player/NAV in the C6?
The corvette dvd nav will never play movies because of the screen resolution.
It is NOT capible of displaying the proper resoulition that dvds need to play.
It is only a TFT Touch screen monitor
Old 11-06-2004, 08:19 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

So much for the notion that they have this little bug fixed. My car was built on October 15th, and delivered to my on November 2. I had not heard of this problem. This morning I put in some regular music CD's, and none of them will play higher than number 4. I'm hoping one of my music junkie friends can come up with a MP3 for me, or the factory may have a fix by now.

Very strange problem!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Lakelander
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 71 Posts

Not a fix for the problems posted but an FYI on something I just ran into. I haven't had alot of experience with MP3's so some of you may already know this and maybe I violated some MP3 compatability rule.

I created an MP3 with some songs with VBR and some without (same CD). When I loaded the CD the Bose player scanned all the songs and only recognized the VBR encoded songs and ignored those not VBR encoded. I created another CD, same playlist except this time all VBR encoded and all is fine, again another CD all non-VBR and fine again. Morale - can't mix VBR & non-VBR MP3's on the same CD.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:38 AM
ph3n0m73
Instructor

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
The corvette dvd nav will never play movies because of the screen resolution.
It is NOT capible of displaying the proper resoulition that dvds need to play.
It is only a TFT Touch screen monitor

What is the screen resolution?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:00 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

See my first post a couple up from here.

I called my dealer about this problem (I'm not MP3 literate, so I was not able to perform that ritual earlier this week). The dealer contacted GM who advised them that they are aware of the problem, and to send the unit back to them to be repaired. I told my dealer this was not my idea of an acceptable way to handle this (who knows how long my car would have sat at the dealer while I dirve a Dodge Neon rental!). I suggested the dealer order a new unit, and call me to install it when it comes in.

I know the dealer extremely well, and buy a lot of vehicles from them. The owner is always listed as my sales person on the dealer order. Anyway, the service manager agreed with me, and began the process of ordering me a new unit (they are not listed in his parts system yet, btw).

But today I told a friend of mine about this, and the MP3 "fix". He said he had plenty of MP3's and loaned me one. I carefully followed the instructions posted here, and it now works perfectly.

Thanks for the information here. This information on this forum never ceases to amaze me!

I"ll call my dealer Monday and tell him how he can be a hero to any other customers with the same problem.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:05 AM
zekesrd
Heel & Toe

Default CD mech. error

I have the single cd player. I put in the instructional cd and played it all the through. I will not eject and the face plate displays the above msg. The car was built in early November. Also, any thoughts on an after market XM or Sirrus player, as I did not get that from the factory. thanks
Old 12-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Grzldvt
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine 6 CD player pulled this stunt, not able to go above the 3rd song, and I was able to fix it without pulling the fuse. I ejected all my CD's turned the HU off, then turned the car off. Started the car, pushed the button to add a CD, and inserted an MP3 with about 65 songs and it worked. I CD now.

Quick Reply: 6 CD changer won't play above track 9 bug found and FIX!