C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 05:29 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Default Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

I'm just looking for some serious responses as to whether people really like the looks of the C6 or if they're just saying they like it because it's a Corvette. I know there are a lot of loyal 'Vette followers out there who would rather die than say a disparaging word about the Corvette, but I'm seriously wondering if there are a lot of people out there who really like the new design. I've studied the pictures for over a month now and I am still quite unimpressed with what I see. I know that I can't make a final judgement without actually seeing the car in person, but usually if you don't like the looks of a car in pictures it won't get any better looking when you're standing next to it. I really don't care for the re-designed front & rear end of the C6 and no matter what angles I see in the pictures it just doesn't look appealing to me. Does anyone agree or am I the only one that is unhappy with the new look of the 'Vette?

p.s. If you're going to attack me just because I don't like the C6, then please don't respond. I'm looking for honest views and opinions, not brainless flame jobs from 14 year olds. Thanks. :thumbs:
Old 02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
jay17
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (BMadden)

I see what your saying. And if you don't like the C6, that's your opinion. I like the looks of the C6 alot, and not because it's a vette. Sure, that makes it that much better. But I would still like the looks of it if even it had Ford written across it. :crazy: :banghead:
Old 02-04-2004, 05:49 PM
RIC96
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (jay17)

I see what your saying. And if you don't like the C6, that's your opinion. I like the looks of the C6 alot, and not because it's a vette. Sure, that makes it that much better. But I would still like the looks of it if even it had Ford written across it. :crazy: :banghead:
:withstupid:
Old 02-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06
Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (BMadden)

i saw it at the Detroit show and love how it turned out. It's perfect for me and I can't wait to get mine this summer. You must see it in person.
:cheers:
Old 02-04-2004, 06:59 PM
carman1
Instructor

Interesting question. Our club went to the LA Auto Show just to see the C-6. Everybody was impressed with the looks. Came back and looked at my 03 C-5 Vert and mulled the question. If it was just looks I would stay with my
C-5. But, the C-6 being an improved car, and two years newer, pushed me over and I got on a pre-order list. Whether I stay on the pre-order list or not depends on professional testing later this year. A blind buyer I am not! :flag :hurray:
Old 02-04-2004, 07:48 PM
GotBoost_C6
Intermediate

Over the last 3-4 months I was unsure of what my next car was going to be.
I had it narrowed down to the M3 or G35C w/SC added (voids warranty); then a friend showed me some spy photo of the C6 and I was impressed.

My friend has 03 ZO6 performance wise it is incredible however to quote you "quite unimpressed" with styling.

The C6 exterior does take styling cues from several other manufacturers ie. Porsche and Ferrari (several magazines have pointed this out as well). GM has in my opinion blended these cues with its own vette heritage and come with a car that new - yet - familiar.

Now add the promise of performance near equal or potentially better that ZO6, unmatched fuel efficiency and a price range of 46k - 56k. This blend has definitely (at least in my group of friends and acquaintances all in late 20's to late 30's) pulled in new group of potential buyers.

Sure the interior and fit and finish is still not equal to the manufacturers GM has squarley taken aim at but hopefully they will close the gap.

Also the GM base warranty on a 46k + car should match their competitor with 4 year 48k maintenance free warranty
Old 02-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Weasel
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

You are correct sir. I will get one because it is a Corvette, and although the styling seems like a collection of ideas instead of a smooth flow, I'll kind of have to get one for the engineering merits.
It is our kin folk, we must love it.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (carman1)

No. I don't like it just because it's a Vette.

I haven't seen the C6 in person. But I really liked the side shot of it on the car transporter when that first was posted. However, when I first saw pics of the front & back my initial impression was that Chevy had ruined it. I was mad. :mad

Then every day it seemed a new pic was popping up & the more I saw it the more it started to grow on me. I still don't think it's the best looking design but I do like it now and plan on buying one eventually. Besides, I always buy black & black tends to hide some less appealing visual cues & makes most cars look good.

I saw the C5 when it was unveiled at the L.A Auto Show, way back when, & I really liked what I saw. But the 1st time I saw a C5 on the road from behind I thought the back end was too big/fat. Eventually though I got used it also.

While the C6 will never appeal to everyone I think there are many who it will grow on once they start seeing them on the road. :yesnod: Besides it's tough not to like the C6 with the overall improvements over the C5. You can't beat the price of admission either.

[Modified by Oneslackr, 7:27 PM 2/4/2004]
Old 02-04-2004, 08:48 PM
GDP
Team Owner

I think it looks great. :yesnod:
Old 02-04-2004, 09:00 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I truly like the looks of the C6, and NOT just because I also happen to love Corvettes in general.
But for me it's not just the appearance that exciting but the underpinnings and potential performance/handling of the car as well. :steering: :yesnod:

Old 02-05-2004, 02:11 AM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (LT1LS1)

I like it but I think the C5 looks better! :thumbs: :yesnod:
Old 02-05-2004, 03:17 AM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

Maybe you haven't surfed the forum enough, but there are plenty of people that hate the C6 and there are plenty that love it, and not just cause it's a Corvette.

No offense, but do you really dislike the C6 that much that you can't see anyone else possibly liking it?

Old 02-05-2004, 03:48 AM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

I like the C6 more for several reasons:
Since 1961, the Corvette has had round taillights, but in 1991, they went to the squarish ones - never understood that. Glad they are round again.
The C5 front is good, but every time I see a Ford Probe, I cringe at the similarity. Also, the C6 now has a face - eyes and mouth. The C5 was faceless.
The C5 has kind of a big butt. The C6 rear is less bulky looking.
The one thing I don't get on the C6, is the channel on the roof - it doesn't match anything else.

[Modified by C5Bob, 12:50 AM 2/5/2004]
Old 02-05-2004, 04:08 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Default Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (Lazerwolfe)

Maybe you haven't surfed the forum enough, but there are plenty of people that hate the C6 and there are plenty that love it, and not just cause it's a Corvette.

No offense, but do you really dislike the C6 that much that you can't see anyone else possibly liking it?

I wasn't saying that I can't see anyone else possibly liking it, but I was just wondering if people were really that excited about the new look of the car or if they are just excited because it's a new Corvette. I see a lot of great mechanical and technical improvements in the car, but I just don't like the looks of it in all of the pictures I've seen(and I've downloaded nearly 100 pictures of the car). I picked up the new Road and Track which has pictures of a silver C5 next to a red C6 and even though the C5 is in much less of an attention-getting color I still think it looked better in the photos than the C6. I know some people criticize the "big butt" of the C5, but compared to the chopped off look of the C6 rear I think the C5 has a better looking backside. Also, I still can't warm up to the new front end of the C6 with its' Camaro/3000GT/Viper combination of styling and I think the C5(which doesn't look anything like a Probe to me) has a more agressive looking face. I will say that the C6 interior is a little bit of an improvement over the C5(although it's not nearly as much of an upgrade as I was expecting) and obviously all the amenities like DVD-Nav, heated seats, Xenon headlights, push button start, XM Radio, OnStar, etc. are welcome improvements to the Corvette. I know the C6 will most surely drive better than the C5 and obviously with 50 more hp it will perform better so those are great attributes of the new car as well. In the end, however, styling is a very important deciding factor to me and when I see pictures of the new car, I don't get excited the way I did when I saw pictures of the C5 in 1997.

"That's just my opinion, I could be wrong."--Dennis Miller
Old 02-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

I've loved the look of it ever since I saw the black test cars.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:37 PM
C5VetteJoe
Racer

Default Re:

To me, the sides lines look like a Mustang! I'll keep my 02 C5!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:40 PM
rwm1163
Racer

I like it a lot. There are somethings I would tweak, but overall, I think its great! The overall shape is the best part. I love the way the fenders arch into the doors.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

Old 02-05-2004, 05:41 PM
rwm1163
Racer

100 pictures?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:35 PM
lar66BB
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (rwm1163)

I mostly like it, however I don't really care for the front end. especially the
fixed headlights. :steering:
Old 02-05-2004, 07:04 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Default Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (rwm1163)

Well, it's not quite 100. I just checked my photo album and I have 76 pics of the C6 so far ranging from all the official GM pics to Road & Track, Motor Trend, Automobile and other magazine photos.

Quick Reply: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?