C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Jimwood
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (BMadden)

BMadden, only people with the ability to buy the new C6 or pass will understand the fact that some will not buy it because its not very exciting. Its okay.

I saved for the C6 and planned on buying it. When I saw it and all that brushed aluminum, I passed. Doesnt mean I dont like the C5 and C4, just means I dont like the C6. I hope :chevy updates the design soon. But at 400hp, why would you opt for it, over a Z06 at this point in time.

Saw a Com. Edition z06 today. Gorgeous. Way better then the C6.
Just my $.02
Old 02-08-2004, 01:52 AM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (Jimwood)

Guys, I did not say that my theory applies to EVERYBODY who doesn't like the C6. And just because you can afford it and choose not to buy, doesn't put any theory to rest. It just describes your situation. That is all. I saw it in some C5 owners when the 2001 Z06 came out. I see it comments about C5 from some C4 owners. I see it in comments from some Mustang owners. I see it in comments about C5 from some late model F-body owners. I see it in comments from C5 owners when sniping at Viper owners. Maybe some aspects of human nature are more obvious to me than to others. :seeya Oh, and where did I say anything about not being able to afford the C6? Please show me. I said they just spent a bunch of money and didn't want to take it in the shorts. That is not the same thing as "can't afford it". Now, I am a little curious about one thing. I for one think that the C6 looks a whole lot like the C5. I don't see how someone can like the C5 so much, and not like the C6?
p.s. And Jimwood, if you like the C5 so much, why did you buy a Mustang instead of buying a new C5 at a $10K discount?? Did you buy that 2003 Cobra new or used? :confused:

[Modified by need-for-speed, 2:19 AM 2/8/2004]
Old 02-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Z-Rated
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (BMadden)

This will be an interesting thread "AFTER" people have actually seen and driven the car on the street. No one buys a car on just pics alone. My C6 test drive will decide for me.

:cool: :cool: ''''''' :cool: :cool:
Old 02-08-2004, 11:02 AM
_Nomad_
Team Owner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
-'24

From what I have seen of it in pictures I can honestly say I like it a lot.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:50 PM
highest$$
Navigator

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette? (_Nomad_)

Don't kill me for saying this to all you "Corvette Crazy" people, but I've owned a couple over the past 20 years and I wasn't a fan until I saw a picture of the C6! I was BLOWN AWAY as to how beautiful the new styling has become! I am now a huge fan and will be driving one this summer! :chevy
Old 02-09-2004, 02:01 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Default Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

I think the C6 will bring in some new people that have never been Corvette fans before, but will also drive away some who have been longtime supporters. Unfortunately, I'm in the latter group. :sad:
Old 02-09-2004, 08:07 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

I think with every new Corvette there is a large group of buyers that just swallow it up and trade their old model because it's a new Vette and they always need to have the newest model to "keep up with the Jones's". Then they try to convince themselves and everyone else that it's soooo much better than the old one. Not that there is anything wrong with that ....... but I see it everywhere.

I think there are a lot of C5 owners bashing C6 beacuse they just spent a lot of money on a new C5, or they have dumped a ton of money into an old C5, like say a stroker motor, etc. Since they don't want to take it in the shorts on their C5, they just bash the C6. No offense :cheers: Just an observation. I like them both :lol:
As long as we are pointing to observations, here is mine. If the C6 did not have the words "Corvette" written on it, half the people who say they like it, and intened to buy it, wouldn't.

If it didn't say "Corvette" a lot of the people singing the praises of the C6, wouldn't

As a C5 owner who can afford a C6, I can say that I would not consider buying a 2005 C6. I see very little that it offers over today's Z06. The biggest improvement, and indeed arguably the only improvement which matters, is the 50hp increase which can be easily had on today's C5, and still does not match the 406hp of today's Z06!!!!!. The body style is hardly an improvement IMO.

Chevy dropped the ball with the C6 IMO. And a lot of people who are offended by those who say that, become offended simply because the C6 has the word "Corvette" on it. There is just not that great a leap in the improvement of the C6 over the C5 as there was say the C5 over the C4.

Finally looking at the math. A 2004 Z06 can be had for considerably less than a 2005 C6 coupe will cost and todays Z06 is quite possibly the better of the two cars.

Just my observation.

[Modified by EB20003, 7:08 PM 2/9/2004]
Old 02-09-2004, 10:45 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Default Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?

As long as we are pointing to observations, here is mine. If the C6 did not have the words "Corvette" written on it, half the people who say they like it, and intened to buy it, wouldn't.

If it didn't say "Corvette" a lot of the people singing the praises of the C6, wouldn't

As a C5 owner who can afford a C6, I can say that I would not consider buying a 2005 C6. I see very little that it offers over today's Z06. The biggest improvement, and indeed arguably the only improvement which matters, is the 50hp increase which can be easily had on today's C5, and still does not match the 406hp of today's Z06!!!!!. The body style is hardly an improvement IMO.

Chevy dropped the ball with the C6 IMO. And a lot of people who are offended by those who say that, become offended simply because the C6 has the word "Corvette" on it. There is just not that great a leap in the improvement of the C6 over the C5 as there was say the C5 over the C4.

Finally looking at the math. A 2004 Z06 can be had for considerably less than a 2005 C6 coupe will cost and todays Z06 is quite possibly the better of the two cars.

Just my observation.

[Modified by EB20003, 7:08 PM 2/9/2004]
I feel exactly the same as you do, EB20003. I think there is a lot of "blind allegiance" to Corvette and even though some people won't admit it, they're only standing behind this car because it is a 'Vette. If this same design were put out by Nissan, Mazda or Toyota a lot of those same people would be criticizing the newest "ricer" on the market. I know GM's official line is that they were going for more of a European look with the C6, but have they forgotten that this is a CORVETTE? It's not a European or Japanese sports coupe, it's America's most recognizable sports car and it should continue to distance itself from the competition the way it has for the past 51 years.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:18 AM
robert5168
Intermediate

I own a 88 Corvette, and when the 97 Vette came out I had a hard time adjusting to it. Well nedless to say I also own a 99 Vette and I love it. I am having some of the same feeling about the C6 that I had toward the C5. The C6 is a great looking car, but I think I need sometime for it to grow on me because of my feelings I have toward my C5.

Yes, just because its a Corvette. I plan to buy a C6 in two years just because its a CORVETTE and I like it. :auto:

Quick Reply: Do you really like the looks of the C6 or do you just like it because it's a Corvette?