C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No WOW Factor

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 08:36 AM
EMDExpress
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default No WOW Factor

Someone here said it best...........Where is the WOW factor. We all know about all the improvements in the C6 but what is missing is the " Look at that Vette" factor. No pop snap of crack value IMHO. Most of us has debated the pros and cons of the new car but most probably agree that the cars is not a Jaw Dropper. It really needed to be with a bunch of new product coming.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:43 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: No WOW Factor (EMDExpress)

Many people believe the last vette to have a WOW factor was the C3.

I think the C6 is just fine the way it is and plan on buying one. It has all the WOW (what ever that is) for me.

Tom
Old 01-25-2004, 10:38 AM
JWD01
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone here said it best...........Where is the WOW factor. We all know about all the improvements in the C6 but what is missing is the " Look at that Vette" factor.
Visually, it's just a slightly modded C5.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:03 PM
1K SPORT
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: No WOW Factor (JWD01)

Someone here said it best...........Where is the WOW factor. We all know about all the improvements in the C6 but what is missing is the " Look at that Vette" factor.

IMO, the C5 was very bland looking. Don't flame or take offense, it's my opinion. Not saying C5's are ugly, just no "WOW" as you say. From the pictures, I think the C6 fixes that.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 PM
NSTG8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: No WOW Factor (AFVETTE)

I would tend to disagree with that, I believe the C5 had the WOW factor. And most people you talk to either would say they love any corvette late 50s up through late 60s or the C5. IMHO the C5 had it, perhaps though it was just my age.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:41 PM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: No WOW Factor (Neablas)

I would tend to disagree with that, I believe the C5 had the WOW factor. And most people you talk to either would say they love any corvette late 50s up through late 60s or the C5. IMHO the C5 had it, perhaps though it was just my age.
The front shot of both cars side by side I" think the C5 wins hands down!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:55 PM
GDP
Team Owner

To me, the C4 never had a wow factor. Only the Grand Sports and Callaways, to be honest with you.

C5 has it, and to me the C6 has it. I LOVE the headlights.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:59 PM
DanC5
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I disagree. I say Wow! Its not just the looks, but the whole package. Its perfect. Everything I might nit-pick on the C5 (not that I nit-pick, but after owning two of them I have earned the right to scrutinize) they dealt with on the C6. I loved the C5's. They were definitely Wow! Corvettes too. After years of ownership they did leave a little to be desired. I think Dave Hill listened, and he indeed seeked out and detroyed every "problem" there may have been. I don't think this car needs a single mod, other than me in the driver's seat.

I think it would have been real easy to go wild and come out with a car that wasn't really a vette. Or easy to go retro and make a modern C3. I'm sooo glad they didn't do that. I'm not surprised at all to see the not-so-positive reactions on this forum. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. I just want my very positive reaction to be among the votes.

I think this car is awesome. And the LS2 will be real easy to pump up for those that want to drop a few extra bucks. ZO6 performance levels are enough for me. As a regular guy, it's amazing that I can just go buy a dream machine like this without too much financial strain. It will look great parked next to my Harley. Ride or drive? Ride or drive? Decisions, decisions. American's know how to build some way cool rides! Wow! Look at that C6! :flag
Old 01-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Hurricane

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Default Re: No WOW Factor (Neablas)

I think the C6 has the WOW factor, as does the C5. I can't tell you how many people, many of them total strangers, have come up to me and complemented me on how sharp my Vette looks.

Old 01-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06
Default Re: No WOW Factor (JWD01)

Not when you compare them side by side, in person.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Sandy S
Burning Brakes

Yes no WOW at all.

Before I got my Z06 --

I read one book (one of those with lots of pictures) about the C5. In it I discovered hydro formed frames, weight distribution via rear mounted transmission, cool illumination for the gauges, weight reductions, aerodynamic shape, a unique use of balsa wood and so forth.

I was hooked by the technology and just _had_ to have one. To me, the C6 seems to be just an improved C5. It is a nice car (everything a C5 is) but I don’t think it should have been called a new generation and if it hadn’t I would not be so disappointed. Did I mention the interior? bland.

I would like to have seen it have a more race oriented focus (I like the looks of the C5R) or maybe all wheel drive like a Porsche turbo. How about less fontal area and more top speed? How about a more exotic and agressive look?

Instead they seem to focus on things like better shock absorbers for smother rides. How about more work towards beating Ferraris and Porches on the track. It would not surprise me if lots of folks at GM were actually suppressed by the popularity of the Z06.

Old 01-25-2004, 04:19 PM
85RIT
Racer

I think if I wasn't one at the time the C4 came out that would be the most WOW out of them all (i'm a bit partial, sue me). The 84 looked like nothing on the road and was drastically different beast then the 82 (minus the L82, which was short lived). It was also the best handling car of its time, and could be one of the best of all the American muscle cars.

I'm not about new technology all the time, I more respect the technology of the times, and the C4 brought out the best of that time...

Just my two cents...
Old 01-25-2004, 04:34 PM
rwm1163
Racer

Default Re: No WOW Factor (85RIT)

IMHO...

The most WOW factor goes to late C2s. I especially love the 65 and 66 models. Here's my WOW list, from first to last:

1. C2
2. C6
3. C3
4. C5
5. C1
6. C4

Regarding the C6, Chevy would have had a hard time making it more notible without making it more ricey. I respect the fact that they avoided the latest trends, and concentrated on the overall shape of the car and the driveability. Otherwise, we would have just another RX8, a car that looks neat now, but one whose owners will grow tired of quickly.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:58 PM
newcorvetteguy
Intermediate

They change what some say is about 80% of the car, and you are still not happy? If they go much farther with design features, doesn't it turn into a different car. Everyone is entitled to their opionion. I wasn't going to buy a vette until I saw the C6. I always hated the interior of the c5, because they look just like my Chevy Tahoe and My Chevy Truck....I welcomed the change with open arms a great transformation IMHO! But to each their own.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:32 PM
NextOne
Melting Slicks

Received 1,046 Likes on 645 Posts

WOW factor comes when you see the first C6 rolling down the street late this summer and you say, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, wish I had one of those!"

Old 01-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Stock Man
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: No WOW Factor (NextOne)

I think that when the C6 Z06 comes out with mega hp and 20k more that might give people some WOW!
Old 01-25-2004, 11:23 PM
rwm1163
Racer

Default Re: No WOW Factor (Stock Man)

I think that when the C6 Z06 comes out with mega hp and 20k more that might give people some WOW!
And the sticker is going to give poeple some YIKES!

Get notified of new replies

To No WOW Factor

Old 01-29-2004, 12:05 AM
KB Aero Biscuit
Racer

No wow........ok what if someone said this new corvette could reach 185+mph and be just a tick below the current Z06 on the race track, have a zero to 60 to time that can be beat by only cars on the fingers of your one hand, and have JD Powers getting ready to lust over the quality and fit an finish.........not have to pay gas guzzler tax...........and will have interior noise levels subdued so that you hear the hearty sexy voice of an american small block legend and not tire noise and beat Porsche Carreras on the race track at mega thousands less........every square mm of C6 has been scrutinized and improved..........the body chiseled in the wind tunnel after hundreds of hours of development and have a price 50 to 100 hundred thousand less than the super cars it will beat...........thats not wow........and oh by the its AMERICAN.........The styling is functional for its performance........not to impress any one other than sophisticated corvette enthusiasts who see its lineage and understand the dominating performance it brings..........oh by the way this is just the beginning.....
Old 01-29-2004, 02:05 AM
orgrg
Advanced

Default Re: No WOW Factor (KB Aero Biscuit)

C4 had the most wow factor to me. C5 is 2nd.

C4 was released, 84, ran w/ the best of them, fastest production car ever built. (Vette has yet to recapture that wow factor) And w/ skid pad results over 1 g for the z51 wow again, the newer z06 barely pulls that off. 85, got a lot quicker, 85, you bought a vette, and you bought a car that anything on the road would have trouble beating around a track. Sure 911s could do it, and ferrari's could, but the vette beat em in the straights, and was close in the turns for a lot less. Since then, vette has never offered as much price/performance.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Registered
Instructor

When a chick in mini-skirt goes by on the beach, pauses to bend over to tie her running shoe lace and you discover she has no panties - that's WOW!

In some related, crude sex-appeal manner, only Lambos make me think 10 on the WOW scale! Sure there are a handul of faster cars, but they tend to be technically aweome, but not as sexy. So, to me, my Z06 gets a 7 on the WOW scale and the new C6 also gets a 7.

Anyway, one man's WOW is another's YAWN - so everybody is right and there is no wrong. It's all for fun.

Quick Reply: No WOW Factor