C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Bugleboy84
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (alex1217)

WOW!!! I haven't seen those pictures yet. I think I'm in love. :crazy: :party: :chevy :seeya
Old 11-13-2003, 04:49 PM
mastiff
Instructor

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (93aqua)

I was hoping for something more exciting, like c3-c4-c5. Is it possible this is a fake, maybe some one is making an after market kit or something. :nonod: :sad: :yawn:

C3 and C4 were very radical and exciting. The C5 was the most boring corvette built. Besides its low hood, headlights and taillights, it looks very japanese. We have just gotten used to that fact. The C6 shown here has a much more exciting and aggressive front. I think the front is much better than the C5.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now...

If these pics are for real then Dave Hill lied to us. He said we haven't seen the real body yet. From what I see it looks just like the mules and what others have figured out what was under the masks. It looks okay but not earth shattering as Dave Hill led us to believe. Maybe it will look better in person.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (mastiff)

:boxing Well the lines have been drawn. I like it, I don't like it, I might like it. The bottom line is we won't know what the next generation is going to look like until the official unvailing. No matter what first impressions are, they all change with time.
I only hope I don't instantly fall in love with it. I don't have any more room in my garage. We need two things with the C6. It has to be available in Yellow and have more HORSE POWER.
By the way the last time I checked, there is no law on the books that says we have to have DRL's. Unless you live in Canada
Don't Forget To Wave. :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya
Old 11-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Grand Trunk
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (mastiff)

I actually warmed to the rear of the C5 fairly early and have never completely warmed to the front. It looks good straight on from the front, but there are angles that it just seems blunt and bland...and I'm thinking a 3/4 shot from the front when I say that. I like this C6 front better and I think they have only improved on an already satisfactory rear. I still cannot justify spending what I spent on my first house to buy one though.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:04 PM
COBrien
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (Calif Vetteman)

I've been looking at these pictures yesterday and today, and just do not like the front end. To me the C5 looks low and wide from the front, whereas the C6 looks narrow and tall. Hopefully that perception will change once I can see a finished version, but at the moment I'm not too excited about it.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:12 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

I predict that - despite the doubts some of us may have - when we walk up to that new C6 at a show or in the showroom our reaction is going to be wow! If not immediately, soon thereafter..................it was that way with the C5 and this will be the same. In fact, I suspect production numbers will go up to the max they can do on a single shift at BG! :yesnod:
Old 11-13-2003, 06:13 PM
BIG99
Racer

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (COBrien)

I agree, the rear looks awesome but the front is a let down. What happened to the C3ish fenders. I would almost say the C5 has sharper fenders. I too willl withhold final judgement but If these are truely THE shots then I am disapointed somewhat.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:19 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

Default My opinion for what its worth.

I hate saying "this car looks like THAT other car" but, I am reminded of the current MR2 looking head on at the headlights that swoop up above the hood line.

Here is my rant about Dave Hill and his comments stating this car will be far beyond what we think it will be. Dave Hill is obviously a very good engineer, but he is also a corporate puppet. I hope I did not upset the Vette gods, but when I read the interviews that are posted on this site, it appears that he is MUCH more loyal to the hand that feeds him than to any fan base for the product he directs. With that said, I think I understand why he hypes the car as being better than sliced bread in both performance and visual impact, no matter what it really looks like. Dave is a sales person now, and he is not too concerned with how his comments affect the members of this board. I remember a question where a forum member asked what mod Dave thought was the best. The answer was something about the Corvette being a perfect blend of all that his engineers could muster and that any mod would dilute the synergy of the balanced effect of those efforts. Ok, fine, he is proud of a great car. All I am saying is that the car will be marketed by Dave and GM as the most "out there" performance car there is, but in reality it will have styling that is similar to the food at Luby's Cafeteria...you know, mild...to appeal to a large selection of the customer base. Anyway, the car looks nice, but the styling is not daring.

Old 11-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Arnie
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: My opinion for what its worth. (mitchydkid)

Dave Hill is obviously a very good engineer, but he is also a corporate puppet. I hope I did not upset the Vette gods, but when I read the interviews that are posted on this site, it appears that he is MUCH more loyal to the hand that feeds him than to any fan base for the product he directs.
That's as it should be, he is not going to put his job at risk by giving out info GM wants kept secret and he will never endorse any modification.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (Another Yellow)

A lot better looking than the C5 which I never really cared for. At least as nice as a C4. C2 & C3 are still the best looking Vettes.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:10 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (chadwick)

Well, I'm kinda mildly warm to this change...especially to the rear. Would this suggest, with rear flared fenders something in the big block category up front??

By the way here' a site that has all these "body in white" shots as above with an additional shot of "a car with wheels. I do think GM's attempt to improve the back of the C-5 is working with this design.

My thought is this is more of a C-5.5 then a C-6.

Scroll down to the last shot
http://www.stupidfastboats.com/vette2.htm

Check it out.

Jim
Old 11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
bigblockbob
Drifting

Fuhkin poopiett i am gone for a day and the fuhkin car gets posted this sux... But the car looks alright, i think the headlights are way too viperish...but damn that sux... when do we get the c7 forum ten years and counting from now... :p: :thumbs:
Old 11-13-2003, 09:57 PM
MeatheadsC5
Burning Brakes

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (COBrien)

Rear is BUTT ugly. Front has some potential, though it still doesn't feel like a vette. Have to wait and see.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Venger
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Uh...

Like everything but the front on view, which is so generically Mitsubuick... it screams rice rice baby... aren't there enough cars that look like that? Is that a new Corvette on my butt, or a Miata/Eclipse/Del Sol ???

Everything else I like. But that front on view just blows.

Venger

Old 11-13-2003, 10:48 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

I think it's a fake, because of where the photo was taken and if you notice the front fasica is actually a darker color then the rest of the Car. This pic looks like somebodies body shop with a C-5 being customized. Prehaps I'm wrong but if I'm right there are a whole lot of folks taken with this pic. :_dupe:

[Modified by ghostRder, 9:49 PM 11/13/2003]
Old 11-13-2003, 11:01 PM
PeteyPete
Drifting

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (ghostRder)

I think it's a fake, because of where the photo was taken and if you notice the front fasica is actually a darker color then the rest of the Car. This pic looks like somebodies body shop with a C-5 being customized. Prehaps I'm wrong but if I'm right there are a whole lot of folks taken with this pic. :_dupe:

Now thats a thought, the front is a different color than the rest of the car...perhaps it could be a red herring? The rest of the car is identical to the mules in the numerous spy photos, but the final front could be different....anybody have any way to credibly tell whether the off-color front facia is the final, finished product?

Get notified of new replies

To [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now...

Old 11-13-2003, 11:31 PM
Arnie
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Where would you prefer the pictures be taken? It looks to me like the pictures were probably taken at a suppliers shop. One explaination for the different colored fascia could be that it is not painted, that amy be the color of the material used to form the front end.

I think you just don't like what you see and are in denial, of course I may be wrong.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Sir Sel
Pro

Default Re: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now... (Arnie)

I like the back. It looks cool, but the front reminds me too much of a new Viper. But hey, January is right around the corner and the finished product might convince me otherwise.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Cool 50th AE
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it's a fake, because of where the photo was taken and if you notice the front fasica is actually a darker color then the rest of the Car. This pic looks like somebodies body shop with a C-5 being customized. Prehaps I'm wrong but if I'm right there are a whole lot of folks taken with this pic.
Is it possiblt that GM may have more than one design of front and rear sections? These may just be one of the many designs that were on this car at the time of the pic.

Quick Reply: [Exposed C6 Body] So what do you think of the C6 Now...