C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauging interest: True Euro-spec LED tail lights.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 10:10 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Gauging interest: True Euro-spec LED tail lights.

For years we've been struggling to find an LED tail light option for euro vehicles (which require an amber rear turn signal). Our best efforts have resulted in a modified version of the eagle eye tail lights but this only allows for one set of lights to be signal/parking, and the other to be stop/parking. To date, no aftermarket light provides simultaneous function of parking/brake and turn signal functions. Until now.

Using a variant of the Infirai tail lights, I've been able to incorporate a central LED light source that is of sufficient brightness to be safely used as a turn signal. This light source is an LED "hideaway strobe" typically used in emergency vehicles, but has an option for function as a bulb replacement.

TS only

TS with parking lights

TS with brake lightsPlanned options are:

Light options: (Base $250 price)
  • Red lens
  • Smoked lens
Central light options:
  1. 2 amber turn signals (outers only) +$200
  2. 4 amber turn signals (all 4 lights) +$350
  3. 2 amber turn signals/ two red fogs +$350

What do you think?
Old 04-03-2024, 10:37 AM
Vettelagged
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Good job!!! At those price points, I'm sure they'll be plenty of people to try them.

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one that will want to see them installed on a car, so when possible, please post pictures.

I've seen Euro taillights on C5s before, they looked pretty good. I believe the bottom half of all 4 lights were amber. I think this is a much better look.

The only question I have, is this a plug and play with OEM harness or is there additional wiring?

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2024, 10:40 AM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Just clarifying ... are these for US-spec cars, or export-spec cars (since they used different rear harnesses) ?

Really looking forward to seeing them on a car.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:55 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettelagged
The only question I have, is this a plug and play with OEM harness or is there additional wiring?
Originally Posted by 07MontyRed
Just clarifying ... are these for US-spec cars, or export-spec cars (since they used different rear harnesses) ?
Really looking forward to seeing them on a car.
As designed, these are intended for vehicles with the euro harness. There may be an option for US-spec cars to use a control module to add separate turn signal function without purchasing the GM euro harness or modifying the BCM programming. (splicing and cutting of the OEM harness would be required) I had to do this with a 2005 getting converted to Euro-spec.

Get notified of new replies

To Gauging interest: True Euro-spec LED tail lights.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest: True Euro-spec LED tail lights.