C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

“Barn Find” Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 01:08 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,651 Likes on 2,359 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jakeman007
It is definitely not a flood car. I know this because he is the next door neighbor to my brother. He has an old rickety single car garage that gets super cold in the Ohio winters and as soon as you get a nice warm spring day, that cold air condenses on the inside. If you look at some of the early photos, you can see the walls are warped. I still need to hear it run and get a better look all around the car, once it is outside the garage. I am hoping to make some traction in the next week or so.
You're the one with eyes, and hands, on the car AND the one making the final decision. Good luck on the purchase and here's hoping the gentleman understands it's true value.
My suggestion...wear a mask sitting/driving until it's cleaned up.
The following users liked this post:
jakeman007 (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 02:24 PM
CorvetteCam91ZO7
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Default My Recommendation

Nice car . But I would negotiate a deal sooner than later.

I don’t know what State you’re in but in MA if you end up in a nursing home as a permanent resident you literally have to sign over your house and personal assets. Unless you’re putting down a $500,000. Deposit to the nursing home.

I would definitely recommend throwing on BIG BOY PANTS 😂 and calling a ramp truck cash
and carrying. Figuring all the $$$ you have already made mentioned , cleaning, tires,battery,fluids and something you have not really mentioned but I will bet the rest of this car’s life electrical GREMLINS (rodents nibbling but not all the way through till later)

just during Covid 2 of my wife’s girlfriends had 2 different cars totaled by the insurance companies because of wiring harnesses chewing from rodents and that was a short time being parked .

maybe it is just me but a c6 is already a
pain in the *** as far as all the different nannies and ETC communications with each other down to a soft battery throwing codes

I would be all over this car !!!

Just not coming anywhere near what a runner would cost with 20-30 miles with no aggravation. And I read the whole thread I know that it only has 2,000 miles

You yourself already commented that the seat skins are probably going to split because of the moisture on the stitching

Again I love the car !!!

the green sh^t that grows on electric plugs. I think you will be chasing all those plugs 1 at a time but being driven crazy not knowing what plug is having an *** ache today

You are not stealing the car by leaving you this cushion . Especially you made mention that the dealer will be changing the fluids and belts

If you don’t have the mechanical ability to change fluids this car might not be for you unless you have a FAT WALLET 🤷‍♂️ which I hope you do ! This comment is not derogatory by any means !!! At $90-$120 an hour you can get upside down really quick . Not to mention that a lot of C6 parts have and are being discontinued. Guys have already been parting out C6’s because of unavailability of electronics

GLW it if you pull the trigger!

love to see a thread of your process getting back to its GLORY DAYS which I think will not be bad 😂 just $$$ 🤞

just don’t get blinded by the light = I really want this car 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by CorvetteCam91ZO7; 04-21-2024 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Adding a little bit of information
jakeman007 (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 03:12 PM
Bominator
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep, nobody wants to get ripped off, seller or buyer. You might find an awful lot of work, effort, and expense has to go into this car. Sadly health problems have caused the owner to not be able to keep up this car but once you buy it it’s all yours and that’s for better or worse.
I suppose you should get as much fresh fuel in it as possible along with a fuel system cleaner and lubricant. Of course a new battery too. “Charge” the fuel system as well as the oil pressure/circulation with the floored accelerator method a couple times then let the starter rest for a moment or two then try a normal start up. Good luck, a clean up, detail, and service and you might find yourself with a nice car.
jakeman007 (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 03:35 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

There is nothing alarming about the interior mold, that is an easy clean up when detailing.
jakeman007 (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 04:39 PM
CorvetteCam91ZO7
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Default As long as the Seller is REALISTIC

About the unknown situation that may or may not arise.

This is not a joke !!! I would rather a blown motor = anything broken that I can unbolt and bolt back in the replacement !

Electrical problems will give me an aneurysm
a C6 is a 190 mph Super Car that has a big bowl of spaghetti in wires . Maybe on the local field mice’s dietary menu.

If I had the opportunity I would definitely try and buy , the car checks everything on my list down to the rims on the car. My offer would leave insurance in my favor not trying to take advantage of anyone especially myself 😂

That is a very Tight rope to walk not insulting the seller especially if he is not feeling well. Be very easy for him to tell you to have a nice day.

I think i would write everything down on paper of the defiant expenses and all the probable expenses that are more probable than not with the offer on paper and expenses added to the offer = fair market value price ? So even if he gets mad at you he will have the offer to digest and call him in a few days maybe go
up $1k $2k ?

if you really want this I am really trying to maybe give you some advice and tools to help you get it.

im not throwing any dirt on the sellers face but if it ends up in an estate, family will think it’s ZR1 2,000 miles moneys

The following 2 users liked this post by CorvetteCam91ZO7:
jakeman007 (04-21-2024), RocketRob (04-22-2024)

Quick Reply: “Barn Find” Advice Needed