C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery removal with supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 11:35 AM
andrew242
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery removal with supercharger

Picked up this c6 in the middle of last month and I’ve had some electrical issues I wanted to start by replacing the battery but with the surge tank from the supercharger in the way the battery wont come out. Im not too experienced mechanically but how would I go about removing the surge tank to access the battery? Can I siphon out the liquid and just refill it or is the system going to fill with air? Any guidance would help thanks.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:14 PM
GS-2013
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 126 Posts

That might look more difficult than it really is. Remove the positive terminal and move/tape it out of the way. See if you can tilt the battery towards the firewall and lift it out. Battery lift straps would be nice to have. Make sure the new battery is the same size or slightly smaller to fit. Battery straps are your friend here.
Old 01-31-2024, 10:04 AM
MissileDoc
Pro

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Remove the bolts from the tank mounting brackets, then there should be enough room to move the tank out of the way to get the battery out. It is tight but possible.
The following users liked this post:
I30 (02-01-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Battery removal with supercharger

Quick Reply: Battery removal with supercharger