C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight options.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 07:07 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,068 Likes on 2,041 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
Mike...exactly where did you buy your new lights...I have a C5 but a neighbor has a C6 and I want to give him a set for his birthday next month...thanks
Kenny that is very nice of you. I hope your friend likes the headlights. I will PM you the Vendor info since it is not a Forum Vendor.
Mike
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike98SilVert:
leebay (01-04-2024), Yello95 (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 07:38 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Mike98SilVert
Kenny that is very nice of you. I hope your friend likes the headlights. I will PM you the Vendor info since it is not a Forum Vendor.
Mike
Thank you so much sir.
..from what i saw of them i think he will love them and he will probably think i spent $1500 for them.....good call on the info in a pm...we want to adhere to forum rules...

The following 2 users liked this post by Yello95:
leebay (01-04-2024), Mike98SilVert (01-04-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 09:10 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 590 Posts

I question the practice of reusing the OEM HID bulbs. In my experience they gradually dim as they age and since any C6 is 10 years old I would want new bulbs in new headlights. I think half the complaints about stock headlights is simply due to old dim bulbs. Maybe if you have really low mileage they have not been on that much but if yours is a daily driver I'd want new bulbs.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:38 PM
NBVette_Canada
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 148 Posts

Mike...exactly where did you buy your new lights...I have a C5 but a neighbor has a C6 and I want to give him a set for his birthday next month...thanks
Originally Posted by Mike98SilVert
Mike
Very nice gesture indeed. If only we all had such neighbors.
Thank you so much sir.
..from what i saw of them i think he will love them and he will probably think i spent $1500 for them.....good call on the info in a pm...we want to adhere to forum rules...
Unless he is someone who is current on available options and will recognize them as the cheapest (and in my personal opinion) ugliest option on the market today. I do not believe that there is anyone who would believe that you spent $1500 on these lights and a quick internet search will prove that you didn't.

I have no idea what your relationship with your neighbor entails, but I would caution you on buying something as personal as mods for a vehicle (unless they specifically have asked for that identical item) since most people consider modifications to their car as HIGHLY personal. Some may accept the gift but never install them because they hate them but never say that to you or outright refuse to accept such a gift. Others might not care at all. As many have pointed out here already, what you like, others may not. Since it isn't your car, gift with caution.

Quick Reply: Headlight options.