C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lumbar support won’t deflate

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 07:26 AM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Lumbar support won’t deflate

Hey Guys….I have a base coupe, 2007. My drivers seat center lumbar support inflates but will not deflate. I replaced the lumbar switch on the seat itself with no luck. Is there a module that interfaces between the seat switch and the pump itself or is it a bad pump? I hate just to tear into the seat without some direction.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2023, 09:30 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,330 Likes on 1,667 Posts

There is a lumbar Control module. Check the fuse for the heated seat, and if that is OK, then check the connector wires at the seat switch, then if OK and the switch isn't opening the valve in the pump assembly to deflate the bladders then pull the seat and disconnect the bladder from the pump and you will be able to push the air out. You can check the module wiring as well.
I have attached the connector and wiring diagram for the driver seat lumbar.
Good Luck.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Driver Seat Lumbar .pdf (55.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 12-23-2023, 02:42 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SUMERZ
There is a lumbar Control module. Check the fuse for the heated seat, and if that is OK, then check the connector wires at the seat switch, then if OK and the switch isn't opening the valve in the pump assembly to deflate the bladders then pull the seat and disconnect the bladder from the pump and you will be able to push the air out. You can check the module wiring as well.
I have attached the connector and wiring diagram for the driver seat lumbar.
Good Luck.
Thanks for the info. Looking at the diagram, if the fuse was bad, the pump wouldn’t work if I’m reading that correctly. I’ll chase down the wires for sure. I have a sneaking hunch it’s probably the module, which, of course is no longer available through GM. the car has only 12,000 miles on it so the problem is probably not from abuse.

Get notified of new replies

To Lumbar support won’t deflate

Quick Reply: Lumbar support won’t deflate