C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Build Thread Part 2 (stayinstock)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 01:59 PM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,362 Likes on 1,631 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Got some outside pics with the sun today... I'm in love lol

The following 5 users liked this post by StayinStock:
El_Steveo (01-27-2024), NBVette_Canada (01-26-2024), Ogre39 (01-26-2024), tektrans (01-26-2024), tommyc6z06 (01-30-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 02:08 PM
LCZ06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 184 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by StayinStock
Small update, car is ceramic coated (less the hood and bumper, still waiting on the material to get here) and the rear end of the car is pretty much reassembled. Also did a quick little update to the fuse box cover with some aluminum and cerakote, a little tribute to my uncle who passed a few years ago. He loved Vettes and unfortunately never got to see this one... seemed like a nice tribute.

Great color selection and rim choice. It’s been super cold around here in Ohio until lately for any projects this winter. Who did you pick up this fuse box cover from?
Old 01-26-2024, 02:35 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,068 Likes on 2,041 Posts

Really pops in the sun. A lot darker than the old color.
The following users liked this post:
StayinStock (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 02:51 PM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LCZ06
Great color selection and rim choice. It’s been super cold around here in Ohio until lately for any projects this winter. Who did you pick up this fuse box cover from?
its the stock Fuse box, we just cut a piece of aluminum to size and panel bonded it on top then I hit it with cerakote.

Originally Posted by Mike98SilVert
Really pops in the sun. A lot darker than the old color.
I know, I didn't quite expect it to pop that much but I'm loving it! def should mix it up a bit!
LCZ06 (01-30-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 03:25 PM
NBVette_Canada
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Whodamans
THATS the exact color i had in mind perfect..

I think you gotta go yellow on the calipers no? running through everything else in my mind and nothing works cept yellow
I debated orange or just going with like a gunmetal grey or something subdued
Color wheel says that Red is the complimentary color for green since it is directly opposite. It seems that something in the yellow or orange range may work well also.

The color combo below shows that a cranberry red or Navy or purple may go well with the green and gold of the car and wheels.

Old 01-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Whodamans
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 77 Posts

Got some outside pics with the sun today... I'm in love lol
Looks amazing, did you wrap it yourself? Im gonna need that here shortly, cant keep this thing clean and probably needs alot of pain correction.

Hard to beat yellow on green, i know you probably want a change but it goes really well with the green from a outside perspective. Gunmetal grey or even black wouldn't look "bad" just very neutral. IMO i think red would look awful. I would yellow my own calipers on black but was worried it will clash with the gold wheels.

In the same vein for change, i might plasti dip the wheels back to black here this summer.

Old 01-26-2024, 03:37 PM
sramzzz
Drifting

Received 974 Likes on 626 Posts

I personnally would not want the caliper to stand out like a lot of other folks do. To me it draws attention away from the car. I think my personal prefernce for that bronze wheel would be a black or maybe a burgundy caliper color. Just an opioion as I think that would look good with the green color of the car.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:24 PM
RocketRob
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 124 Posts

Wow. It is so cool in the bright sun. A great, unique choice. I know your other choices will compliment the new green perfectly.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:06 PM
tektrans
Drifting

Received 315 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by NBVette_Canada
Color wheel says that Red is the complimentary color for green
Christmas is over till December.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:11 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NBVette_Canada
Color wheel says that Red is the complimentary color for green since it is directly opposite. It seems that something in the yellow or orange range may work well also.

The color combo below shows that a cranberry red or Navy or purple may go well with the green and gold of the car and wheels.
I don't think I could do red, too christmasy. Orange is a maybe, ive played with the idea a little bit but not sure I want to full commit, I may end up just doing something muted.

Originally Posted by Whodamans
Looks amazing, did you wrap it yourself? Im gonna need that here shortly, cant keep this thing clean and probably needs alot of pain correction.

Hard to beat yellow on green, i know you probably want a change but it goes really well with the green from a outside perspective. Gunmetal grey or even black wouldn't look "bad" just very neutral. IMO i think red would look awful. I would yellow my own calipers on black but was worried it will clash with the gold wheels.

In the same vein for change, i might plasti dip the wheels back to black here this summer.
Yep, I own a wrap shop so it's my part time gig. Wrap is for sure the way to go, it's easy to take care of, and it's a great way to change the look up every few years. Yeah the orange thing came from a McLaren I saw with a similar setup and it worked pretty well with the darker color. It was more of a yellowed orange though. I need to look at some powder samples and see what I can find.

Originally Posted by sramzzz
I personnally would not want the caliper to stand out like a lot of other folks do. To me it draws attention away from the car. I think my personal prefernce for that bronze wheel would be a black or maybe a burgundy caliper color. Just an opioion as I think that would look good with the green color of the car.
It depends on the car/wheel setup for me. Sometimes I think the little pop of color is a nice accent and other times it can be overbearing.

Originally Posted by RocketRob
Wow. It is so cool in the bright sun. A great, unique choice. I know your other choices will compliment the new green perfectly.
Yeah I'm super pumped with the in the sun look. It has a ton of flop in it and at some angles it goes almost black.

Originally Posted by tektrans
lol yeah I'm with ya on the red green combo with Christmas
Old 01-27-2024, 08:33 AM
El_Steveo
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 110 Posts

damn that wrap is killer man, I'd love a color like that. it came out fantastic
StayinStock (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 09:17 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Thanks man! hopefully have her finished up this week. The hood of all pieces has been a fight and we had to order a new piece (go figure, flattest piece on the car). For some reason we keep getting contaminants in it. I believe its static charged air doing it. At any rate we're on the home stretch, then just need to get all the ground effects back on and im taking a break for a bit to work on some customer stuff. (to fund the next step haha)
Old 01-30-2024, 07:49 AM
tektrans
Drifting

Imo a set of bronze 5 spoke with a chrome lip would look absolutely ridiculous on your car w that wrap.
Ridiculous meaning freaking awesome!
I'm sure whatever you choose will look fantastic.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:52 AM
tektrans
Drifting

Old 01-30-2024, 08:05 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

I really wanna do bronze but part of me is worried if later down the road I wanna change colors on the wrap its going to hem me up or limit my decisions. I've been back and forth in my head on it for weeks lol. I need to just pull the trigger and order.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:20 AM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Have you thought of black chrome? I've seen pics with this rim color on different paints schemes and it always seems to look great, you get the shine without the bling.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:23 AM
tektrans
Drifting

To me, honestly the bronze goes with alot of colors, especially when bordered by the chrome or polished lip.
Black, red, green, gray, silver, blue, especially dark blue-navy. Red idk but I think it's pretty versatile otherwise. I was looking into it for my silver c6 initially until I found my current wheels at a price I couldn't pass up.
You don't see the bronze often either which is nice imo.

Get notified of new replies

To Winter Build Thread Part 2 (stayinstock)

Old 01-30-2024, 08:27 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DDP
Have you thought of black chrome? I've seen pics with this rim color on different paints schemes and it always seems to look great, you get the shine without the bling.
I despise chrome in most instances other than maybe an old school kenworth or an original muscle car lol. Not saying it doesnt have its place but def not my thing.

To me, honestly the bronze goes with alot of colors, especially when bordered by the chrome or polished lip.
Black, red, green, gray, silver, blue, especially dark blue-navy. Red idk but I think it's pretty versatile otherwise. I was looking into it for my silver c6 initially until I found my current wheels at a price I couldn't pass up.
You don't see the bronze often either which is nice imo.
Yeah i think Bronze will for sure be the move.... I got a few weeks to decide. I was going to go with a square setup till i realized the tire limitations. I think ill stick with a 19/18 stagger.
DDP (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 11:29 AM
NBVette_Canada
Pro

I don't think I could do red, too christmasy. Orange is a maybe, ive played with the idea a little bit but not sure I want to full commit, I may end up just doing something muted.

Yep, I own a wrap shop so it's my part time gig. Wrap is for sure the way to go, it's easy to take care of, and it's a great way to change the look up every few years. Yeah the orange thing came from a McLaren I saw with a similar setup and it worked pretty well with the darker color. It was more of a yellowed orange though. I need to look at some powder samples and see what I can find.

It depends on the car/wheel setup for me. Sometimes I think the little pop of color is a nice accent and other times it can be overbearing.

Yeah I'm super pumped with the in the sun look. It has a ton of flop in it and at some angles it goes almost black.

lol yeah I'm with ya on the red green combo with Christmas
I was not saying to use red, just that it was the complimentary color based on the color wheel. I tend to agree that it would seem a bit christmas-y. I do like the combo of the bronze wheels with your green wrap though. I think this would look great.

As for caliper colors, if you wanted to stand out, yellow or neon green would certainly pop. Even orange. If you're looking for it to blend in more, I'd think black or gunmetal grey.
StayinStock (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 11:34 AM
NBVette_Canada
Pro

Originally Posted by DDP
I despise chrome in most instances other than maybe an old school kenworth or an original muscle car lol. Not saying it doesnt have its place but def not my thing.

Yeah i think Bronze will for sure be the move.... I got a few weeks to decide. I was going to go with a square setup till i realized the tire limitations. I think ill stick with a 19/18 stagger.
Agree about despising chrome in most instances. Also agree that black chrome looks great in some of the pictures that I've seen. Black chrome isn't technically chrome, just a very shiny, reflective black coating. I've actually considered having my wheels powder coated in a black chrome before I went another direction and got new wheels.

The problem that I ran into is that there are MANY variations of "black chrome" available, and the little sample that you can sometimes get is not enough to get a true representation of what the end result will be. This alone was enough to cause so much doubt that it was easy to move to the "buy new wheels" solution.
StayinStock (01-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Winter Build Thread Part 2 (stayinstock)