C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does 3LT add more than 1LT in today’s marketplace

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 05:16 PM
Silvio61
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

1lt for me less crap to break, less weight too. Z51 and NPP exhaust were a must. What I see now people pay more for the M6. A transparent roof is a plus as well. An LS3 car is a must as well. Don’t drive mine in the winter so heated seats are a waste. I have heated seats in my Benz don’t use them and I drive it all winter. I like a cool ***!
The following 2 users liked this post by Silvio61:
JerriVette (06-13-2023), silverja (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 06:30 PM
silverja
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Me too

Originally Posted by Silvio61
1lt for me less crap to break, less weight too. Z51 and NPP exhaust were a must. What I see now people pay more for the M6. A transparent roof is a plus as well. An LS3 car is a must as well. Don’t drive mine in the winter so heated seats are a waste. I have heated seats in my Benz don’t use them and I drive it all winter. I like a cool ***!
When I bought my 2009, I preferred the 1LT with less aging electronics. I have the base model with no Z51 or NPP. It was fairly hard to find any LS3 C6’s when I was in the market. Would have liked those two performance options. Just my opinion and I understand others choices.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:31 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 452 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

i wouldn't have bought mine if it wasn't a 3LZ.
A while back I parked next to a similar 1LZ car, with its plastic dash and that was confirmation...in case I had any doubt,

Also, I've never had a car with HUD before and really like it. But, admittedly, it certainly wasn't for the NAV/head unit (updated anyway), or the 2 color seats (updated anyway). But you do get a few other nice subtleties as well...

I'm not worried about leather dash lifting...I wasn't worried on my Porsche. The car is garaged, and I use a visor on the rare occasion its outside in the sun. And if the dash ever does get unglued, I'll fix it, like anything else on the car.

But different strokes for different folks...if I was focused solely on a track car, etc...I'd surely feel the opposite...same as people have a thing about colors. Eg, I keep swearing i'll never buy another black car, yet always somehow end up with one in the household...
The following users liked this post:
silverja (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 04:14 PM
Dzv69
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 229 Posts

I bought a 3LT Grand Sport, it wasn't because it's a 3LT though. I would've been perfectly satisfied if it was a 1LT. It just happened to be a 3LT that had everything else i wanted.
(Several months after i bought mine and had shipped from Dallas, the exact twin of my car popped up for sale 50 miles away. The only differences were it was a 2LT and a year newer and 10,000 miles fewer on the odometer. And it had the chrome GS fender badges, mine are black. I would've grabbed that car in heart beat if had still been looking)
I have no use for the heated seats or the NAV. The HUD i don't mind, but i'd be okay without it. The power lumbar stuff isn't so bad either, this is the first car I've owned with that feature.
The Bose sounds good. Down the road it will get a modern double din head unit.
silverja (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 04:33 PM
silverja
Drifting

Default Thank You

Originally Posted by Dzv69
I bought a 3LT Grand Sport, it wasn't because it's a 3LT though. I would've been perfectly satisfied if it was a 1LT. It just happened to be a 3LT that had everything else i wanted.
(Several months after i bought mine and had shipped from Dallas, the exact twin of my car popped up for sale 50 miles away. The only differences were it was a 2LT and a year newer and 10,000 miles fewer on the odometer. And it had the chrome GS fender badges, mine are black. I would've grabbed that car in heart beat if had still been looking)
I have no use for the heated seats or the NAV. The HUD i don't mind, but i'd be okay without it. The power lumbar stuff isn't so bad either, this is the first car I've owned with that feature.
Thank you for your response.When I bought my 2009, it was owned for 10 years by a 79 year old passionate Corvette owner. Had only 18,000 babied miles. Was a 1LT and priced right. Would have been nice to have the 3LT options. But where I live, ‘08 - ‘13 LS3 models are scarce. And carry a hefty up charge over LS2 C6’s.

As my friend who managed a Chevy dealership once said “One cannot custom order a used vehicle.” Compromises almost always exist.
Dzv69 (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 05:30 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Dzv69
The one thing about the nav in the 2011 and newer is there's a factory USB jack in the center console. It has so far saved me from having to put in an aftermarket head unit because with a ProClip on the dash, I get all of my satellite radio music and my Waze. That was the one thing missing from my previous three C6s (even with the Nav). I was happy when I saw that in my Grand Sport.
silverja (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 05:32 PM
Dzv69
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Silvio61
Any idea how much more a 3LT weighs than a 1LT ?
The mods i have done to my 3LT have definitely dropped some lbs. Kooks Headers and matching high flow cats midpipe, ATI HB, Corsa Extreme axle back, 2006 Z06 aluminum wheels. And i'm trying to find out if my new Powerstop Z26 rotors are lighter than the stock iron units.
silverja (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 05:38 PM
Rusler John
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

When I bought my 07' new, I didn't know anything about 1LT compared to 3LT. I honestly didn't do any homework on that. However, when the salesperson showed me all the extra bits, I loved it. It was nice having the heated seats and HUD and the controls on the steering wheel. On the other hand, the Bose stereo system isn't that great and the Nav screen looks like an EtchaSketch screen. I never used the Navigation at all. Except for last weekend. We took a ride down to Strasbourg Penn and the wife's phone nav was acting up. I got frustrated and punched in the address into the Nav and "surprise" it worked like a charm. It took me right to the address perfectly.
So, if you're using your Vette as a hot rod or a road track vehicle, the elevated price wouldn't be worth it. If you're looking for a cruiser where you're cruising around on unknown roads, then, the extra cost would be worth it. Plus, the HUD allows for your speed and some engine vitals right in front of you displayed on the windshield.
oh, my Vette also has the extra clear roof panel. I think that was a $1,400 option.
silverja (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 09:49 PM
Arehman11
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

At this point I don’t think it will add much value, the options aren’t that special and since it’s a GM product, it’s just more to break. I personally wanted a 1LT grand sport manual with NPP. I got very lucky and got a supersonic blue one specifically built that way with comp grey wheels as well!
silverja (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 10:17 PM
OCDvetteman
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by silverja
I agree, but it requires all 3LT options to be properly functioning. My guess is add about $2,000 for the 3LT in general.

Thanks,,,

John
Just curious, do you have personal knowledge or experience with 3LT options malfunctioning? IMO they seem to be reliable. I think the consensus is they bring value; how much is probably subjective.
Old 06-14-2023, 11:07 AM
skybolt31
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Generally in the used market the higher options are worth a lot less than when car is new...in my experience at least...

I agree with this, your question was more and yes, a more optioned car will bring more, but when it is a used car, the amount is a lot less.

When I was shopping, I looked at all the available options and tried to find the ones that I could not live without. I am not as particular as others it seems, there were not really any options that I had to have. Color was something that I was not going to compromise on, but otherwise, I was going to try to find the nicest condition car that i could, that was more important to me than any of the options. When shopping for a used car, it is a balance between taking a car that is not the ideal one or taking a longer time to find your dream car. Mine is a 1LT and the only option that I would like to have that I don't is the heated seats. Obviously not a necessity, drove many cars many years without them, but now that I have them in my other cars, they are nice to have even in the warmer weather.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:13 PM
silverja
Drifting

Default Great feedback

Originally Posted by skybolt31
I agree with this, your question was more and yes, a more optioned car will bring more, but when it is a used car, the amount is a lot less.

When I was shopping, I looked at all the available options and tried to find the ones that I could not live without. I am not as particular as others it seems, there were not really any options that I had to have. Color was something that I was not going to compromise on, but otherwise, I was going to try to find the nicest condition car that i could, that was more important to me than any of the options. When shopping for a used car, it is a balance between taking a car that is not the ideal one or taking a longer time to find your dream car. Mine is a 1LT and the only option that I would like to have that I don't is the heated seats. Obviously not a necessity, drove many cars many years without them, but now that I have them in my other cars, they are nice to have even in the warmer weather.
Thank you for your excellent comments. I totally agree with your observations. My '09 is a 1LT and it has just the 6-spped auto and polished forged 15 spoke aluminum wheels (Original cost for them was $2,800 and only 68 sets were sold that year.) Very basic but it is fine with me.

John
Old 06-14-2023, 12:25 PM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,651 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by OCDvetteman
Just curious, do you have personal knowledge or experience with 3LT options malfunctioning? IMO they seem to be reliable. I think the consensus is they bring value; how much is probably subjective.

This, I know plenty of high mile 3lt 4lt cars that have had zero issues with anything related to those options.... honestly other than the dashboard issue on 4lt cars I cant think of many known issues with the rest.
silverja (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 02:40 PM
jeffs64
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 190 Posts

It's really up to the owner if they want the options. For me I would always go with 3LT over a base 1LT. All of my 3LT options work as they should. But did upgrade the head unit because I wanted front and rear cameras and Apple car play Bluetooth Etc. Etc...... 2008 3LT Z51
silverja (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 02:48 PM
silverja
Drifting

Default Exactly - Well Said

Originally Posted by jeffs64
It's really up to the owner if they want the options. For me I would always go with 3LT over a base 1LT. All of my 3LT options work as they should. But did upgrade the head unit because I wanted front and rear cameras and Apple car play Bluetooth Etc. Etc...... 2008 3LT Z51
Well said. Personalize for one’s wants and needs. Where I live LS3’s are very scarce. Sometimes one must compromise, but glad you got the 3LT as you wanted.

Thank you,

John
jeffs64 (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 04:19 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,506 Likes on 2,830 Posts

It likely adds more than the $4500 it originally cost.
Old 06-14-2023, 06:27 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
It likely adds more than the $4500 it originally cost.

hmmm...

I punched in a 2008 corvette coupe automatic 50k miles and 1lt in KBB and then same car again 3lt both good condition everything identical except package...

1LT = 24074
3LT = 24367

293 bucks....
The following 2 users liked this post by hawkgfr:
OCDvetteman (06-14-2023), silverja (06-14-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Does 3LT add more than 1LT in today’s marketplace

Old 06-14-2023, 09:40 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Received 482 Likes on 268 Posts

I bought an 07 3lt because it was mint and had 11k on the odometer 18 months ago. My only must have was HUD. My heated seat use is minimal because it's stored winter. I turned off the memory seat function. My kenwood ddx9907xr has great navigation. You might be looking at a significant difference when it comes to the upper trims with all the leather and stitching in them, but I think my car would be worth about the same in 2lt trim or 1lt trim.
silverja (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 09:54 PM
silverja
Drifting

Default Tend to Agree

Originally Posted by Iowa;[url=tel:1606736796
1606736796[/url]]I bought an 07 3lt because it was mint and had 11k on the odometer 18 months ago. My only must have was HUD. My heated seat use is minimal because it's stored winter. I turned off the memory seat function. My kenwood ddx9907xr has great navigation. You might be looking at a significant difference when it comes to the upper trims with all the leather and stitching in them, but I think my car would be worth about the same in 2lt trim or 1lt trim.
I tend to agree with your observations. Thank you.

John
Old 06-15-2023, 10:39 AM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by silverja
You made a wise decision based on your wife’s bad back with the heated seats. I do wish my 2009 had the HUD option, but it only came with the 3LT and was not a separate option.

Thanks for the comment.

John
check out
https://www.c6performance.net/catalo...caApsgEALw_wcB
silverja (06-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Does 3LT add more than 1LT in today’s marketplace