C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolex 24 Hour Race Info Request

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2022, 10:58 AM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Rolex 24 Hour Race Info Request

I'm going to the Rolex for the first time this year. Going to buy my tics tomorrow. I've been to other tracks, but was wondering if people that have been, can provide any tips. For example, I can't buy a parking pass as all the spots are sold out so looking for suggestions. Appears that you have to have tickets to get into the Corvette Corral and that is sold out as well. I won't be down there in my Vette, so was wondering if you had to have tics just to get in and listen to the speakers? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 12-30-2022, 09:18 AM
scotp71
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going to the race, but this will be my first one as well. Going with my brother and cousin, so I won't be my car, either. I live in a small town a few miles from Daytona, so even though I haven't been to the Rolex race before, I can definitely help with any other questions you have about the area, like some great places to eat around here.
Old 01-05-2023, 12:08 AM
CheapSpeed
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I go every year, it's always a great time. The infield at Daytona is great because there's plenty to see and do around the road course. The grid walk before the race starts is fun too. If you are getting the 2 or 4 day tickets, you can also attend the Roar Before the 24 the weekend prior, where the practice and qualifiers are. Infield parking at the Roar is free and plentiful. I live over by Orlando, so the drive over to Daytona is right under and hour for me and I usually attend both. Getting Corvette Corral tickets is quite difficult - I believe a local car club or previous year corral ticket holders get first dibs. Another perk with the corral tickets is being able to do touring laps on the road course prior to the race.

Old 01-11-2023, 09:03 PM
scotp71
Instructor

I would love to get Corvette Corral tickets. I got to take some parade laps around the road course once on a different deal, but it wasn't in my Corvette.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:10 PM
CheapSpeed
Advanced

Originally Posted by scotp71
I would love to get Corvette Corral tickets. I got to take some parade laps around the road course once on a different deal, but it wasn't in my Corvette.
I last did it in 2019, the National Corvette Caravan(every five years) to Bowling Green out of Florida met up in Daytona for some laps before heading out. Hoping we get to do it again for the next national caravan in 2024 and hopefully my C8 will have been ordered, built, and delivered by then.
Old 01-14-2023, 09:45 AM
CaptBuddy
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

My wife and I go every year. The best ticket for the money is the Grassroots Experience. Includes paved parking, hospitality tent, guided events, closed circuit TV, cash bar, catered buffet on Sat. night, coffee and doughnuts every morning, central location. Sorry, it is usually sold out. Check https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/ for last minute sellers. Good luck.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:27 PM
scotp71
Instructor

Originally Posted by CaptBuddy
My wife and I go every year. The best ticket for the money is the Grassroots Experience. Includes paved parking, hospitality tent, guided events, closed circuit TV, cash bar, catered buffet on Sat. night, coffee and doughnuts every morning, central location. Sorry, it is usually sold out. Check https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/ for last minute sellers. Good luck.
Thank you for the heads up and the tickets Buddy. We're super-excited to go.
The following users liked this post:
CaptBuddy (01-23-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 05:05 PM
satisfaxtion
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jksvet
I'm going to the Rolex for the first time this year. Going to buy my tics tomorrow. I've been to other tracks, but was wondering if people that have been, can provide any tips. For example, I can't buy a parking pass as all the spots are sold out so looking for suggestions. Appears that you have to have tickets to get into the Corvette Corral and that is sold out as well. I won't be down there in my Vette, so was wondering if you had to have tics just to get in and listen to the speakers? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Some local knowledge for the Rolex 24 attendees;
if you haven't got parking- there isn't anything left- park across Intl Speedway blvd directly across from the track- walk over the bridge to track and take tram into infield or go into grandstands- all tickets this year have pit passes included- first time,

Next issue- Corvette Car Corral passes- been trying for years to get one- tried bribing the sales manager with offers of hot Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee for staff for a week or so- no deal- God is on the waiting list for these passes- yet got into Road Atlanta last fall and got into Sebring race coming up in March 23 -

If you haven't been to a race; best part is the starting grid ceremonies - they enlist local HS band and really do great job of walking all the drivers with their nations flags in with the 4 drivers, this part of the Rolex has really gotten huge from just 10 years ago- if we have good weather- which is what we should have this weekend-

Also- the Friday 4 hour GS class is a good race- a few less people but love watching the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro battle the Mercedes-Aston Martin and McLaren cars-

where to eat- local knowledge- out of the way but somewhat nearby- Swamp House Grill- on the St. Johns river in Orange City - 30 minutes- The Stockyards in west DeLand - great steaks and large outside area with music weekends- other wise many others - lots of good eating up on A1A in Ormond and Flager also- great cruise along
the water also.
So come on down ya'll and help keep Florida green $$$$-
ok I'm done.

Old 01-25-2023, 05:18 PM
CheapSpeed
Advanced

Originally Posted by satisfaxtion
Some local knowledge for the Rolex 24 attendees;
if you haven't got parking- there isn't anything left- park across Intl Speedway blvd directly across from the track- walk over the bridge to track and take tram into infield or go into grandstands- all tickets this year have pit passes included- first time,
You meant garage access right and not pit access right ? Would be pure insanity though if they allowed everyone into the pits(I've actually been in the pits several times for a couple of teams, but that's because I knew people that were in them).
Old 01-25-2023, 05:37 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

Buy the cheapest ticket you can. Once you get inside the track you can sit any where you want to. This place is HUGE and this race does not even begin to fill a fraction of the seats.

Tom
Old 01-25-2023, 05:41 PM
CaptBuddy
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

The Rolex GA ticket is a fine deal. You can go anywhere in the infield or NASCAR Grandstands. Not sure if the GA ticket comes with paddock and garage access, but it probably does. Like CheapSpeed said, Hot Pit access is another thing completely.
The track transportation system is good and will take you to the Grandstands and back to the infield.
Inside the infield are a number of grandstands with good viewing. You can walk around the infield fence and see most all of the twisty bits of the track. Close enough to very fast cars.
Cash is NOT accepted at the food and drink stands at the track; so bring a credit card or cell phone that makes payments.
As for the Corral, it is a big open area with little organization. I don't know what perks you might expect, but I was unimpressed with the layout and the facilities.
Especially compared to the two popular German car Corrals.
Have a good time and ride the Ferris Wheel at night if it is not too cold.
The jumbo screen in the Fan Zone is very popular late Sat. night.
My opinion: the Mazda Cup races Thurs. evening and Friday morning are more than worth the price of admission.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:34 PM
satisfaxtion
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CheapSpeed
You meant garage access right and not pit access right ? Would be pure insanity though if they allowed everyone into the pits(I've actually been in the pits several times for a couple of teams, but that's because I knew people that were in them).
yes you are correct, garage pass included,
Pit passes are through someone you know or big sponsor, I got these pit passes once, 2 hours in line with a lot of Germans -Audi BMW- over at the racers sign in , signed 2 dozen waivers -you know the drill.

the area behind the cars is super crowded now, but somehow no one gets ran over, as far as I know

anyhow Rolex is great event- come root for the 3 & 4 cars

Get notified of new replies

To Rolex 24 Hour Race Info Request

Quick Reply: Rolex 24 Hour Race Info Request