C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATOTO Head units any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 01:52 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,768 Likes on 1,174 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
DNX997XR. it was a lot more than the Joying, but worth it. Others would have skipped the nav, but I wanted to have built in nav in case of no cell service, phone dropped while hiking or boating, etc.

Like it a lot. It was the only HD screen outside the new 10" plus units that are mega bucks. Looks like it could have almost maybe been stock, other than no volume ****, but I have steering wheel controls so I don't care that much. No weird bugs or anything like my previous android units.

If I was putting a new radio in my c4, I'd probably buy the joying double din with the volume ****. But a car that's a little nicer.... I don't regret the Kenwood at all, it was worth the extra money.
Yep, that's a nice Kenwood system. Any more it's getting difficult to find a system with a actual volume ****, since most cars these days have steering wheel controls, manufacturers are pretty much eliminating them, which I don't mind so much as it allows for a slightly larger screen. My Pioneer is the same way, it kind of bothered me at first, and with the 05's steering wheel controls weren't an option that year, and I believe they weren't for the 06's either. I had really gotten used to having them in my truck (where I also have a Pioneer unit installed by the way), and I missed not having them in my Vette, but luckily I did find a way to add them to my 05, but I had to get a newer C6 steering wheel with the controls, an airbag to go with the newer wheel, and a 07+ clock spring, and then I had to basically run three new wires from the steering wheel to the head unit, so now I have them. The wife still hates that my head unit doesn't have a **** and she just can't figure out how to turn the volume down, she keeps grabbing the heater control **** thinking it's the stereo volume control, and she gets al flustered when she turns it, and nothing happens to the volume. Here's a photo showing my 05 with steering wheel controls right after I got them done.

Last edited by madsonp; 03-12-2022 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:56 AM
montereyredvette
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

So what did you mean by this?.....why put "Chinese" in your post?

Originally Posted by madsonp
So which Kenwood did you get, and how are you liking it ? I guess I just never understood how someone can spend that much money to buy a Corvette, then install a cheap stereo in it, it just doesn't make sense, and it looks bad for a car like the Corvette to have a cheap Chinese stereo in it. And like the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".
Were you not implying that you think everything from China is junk? I never questioned the quality of the different brands......and by the way, your Pioneer was made in China too.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:17 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,768 Likes on 1,174 Posts

Originally Posted by montereyredvette
So what did you mean by this?.....why put "Chinese" in your post?

Were you not implying that you think everything from China is junk? I never questioned the quality of the different brands......and by the way, your Pioneer was made in China too.
No I'm not implying that everything from China is junk, just the cheaply made Chinese stuff is, and yes, I know my Pioneer was made in China, but just like Kenwood, Pioneer is a Japanese company, and there again is built to much higher quality standards than the cheaply made Chinese units. If the cheap system was made in Russia I'd call them cheap Russian systems, if they were made in France I'd call them cheap French systems, if they were made in Italy I'd call them cheap Italian systems, not implying that everything from those places are junk, just the cheap stuff is. You pay such a low price for them for a reason, and quality isn't it.

Last edited by madsonp; 03-12-2022 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-15-2022, 12:38 PM
Biyonix
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed out my Kenwood that came with the car for an Atoto s8 premium. I have about 4 months of actual use without any issues. I would agree its not up to Kenwood or Pioneer quality but I enjoy the features it has a lot more. I figured if I didnt like it i would put the Kenwood back and run the Atoto in my winter truck. I may actually buy another for the truck because I enjoy it that much. Ill also point out that not all the Atotos are the larger 10 inch screen. MIne fit just like the Kenwood that came out. It looks nice and clean or I would have chosen something else.
The following users liked this post:
boundermt (02-14-2023)
Old 03-15-2022, 01:26 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by Biyonix
I changed out my Kenwood that came with the car for an Atoto s8 premium. I have about 4 months of actual use without any issues. I would agree its not up to Kenwood or Pioneer quality but I enjoy the features it has a lot more. I figured if I didnt like it i would put the Kenwood back and run the Atoto in my winter truck. I may actually buy another for the truck because I enjoy it that much. Ill also point out that not all the Atotos are the larger 10 inch screen. MIne fit just like the Kenwood that came out. It looks nice and clean or I would have chosen something else.
this sums up exactly how I feel, The Kenwood I took out is in my truck, then came the Pioneer, that is now in our C5 Z06 !!!
Old 09-30-2022, 10:34 PM
fafb
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an ATOTO F7 in my Corvette and my truck. I like it more than the Alpine, Sony and Kenwood units I've had. No issues at all after two years of heavy use.
The following users liked this post:
boundermt (02-14-2023)

Quick Reply: ATOTO Head units any good?