C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway bar end links

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 09:12 AM
She_Thicc
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 270 Likes on 173 Posts

Thanks - so just tighten it down all the way on each side of the end link and call it good is what I'm reading.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:33 AM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 694 Posts

An option I chose years ago was to just get the house brand O'reilly Auto links that were a little cheaper but had a Lifetime Warranty.

When they fail, just pull them and swap them out for new ones under warranty. Still good with 35k miles on it.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:33 AM
Euthymicone
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by She_Thicc
Thanks - so just tighten it down all the way on each side of the end link and call it good is what I'm reading.
The Moogs I bought specify 60 ft/lbs torque. I was really surprised at the difference replacing them made. No more clunking, and the handling was amazingly different. Only had about 30.000 on the originals, but much of that was some fairly spirited driving on the Blueridge/Foothills Pkwy and the Dragon here in the E. Tennessee area. Pretty easy job if you have basic tools. It was a snap for this just turned 72 year old.
The following users liked this post:
She_Thicc (12-07-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 11:11 AM
nplenzick
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Just an update, replaced the sway bar links and sway bar bushings front and rear with OE and the clunking is completely gone. Funny thing is I couldn't really find anything wrong with ether. One rear bushing may have been very slightly worn and all the links had zero play no matter how you position them and how much you pulled on them. When I get a chance I'm going to try taking them apart to see if I can find something wrong with them as I'm curious how something that can make so much noise seems to be just fine when you take them off. Not sure how long I'll keep this car but if it does it again I'll go aftermarket as some have said they did on this post. One thing that pisses me off is Rock Auto. Yea they have great prices however, I ordered the links, bushings, set of spark plugs, a oil filter and one oil drain plug. Total weight under 5 pounds . Shipping was $40.95 total. They shipped those items from three different places with three different shipping charges along with charging me sales tax. Total price wouldn't have been all that different if I went to the local dealership.
Old 12-19-2021, 11:54 AM
Zapp Brannigan
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 52 Posts

With Rock Auto, you have to watch for the a, b, c, warehouse on the cart page. I try to get parts from the same warehouse.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:31 PM
nplenzick
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan
With Rock Auto, you have to watch for the a, b, c, warehouse on the cart page. I try to get parts from the same warehouse.
Didn't give me a choice.

Quick Reply: Sway bar end links