C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 battery compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 12:52 PM
jeffs64
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
My vette is a 08 base and i brought it with "0" miles on it, it had a 85 G series part #88866261 now days,after that battery died i went with Advance batteries (Two) 85 series then i switched to Autozone batteries and I'm on my 2nd one now.85 series.It is very easy to check on the web to make sure I get the right battery.So are you saying I don't know what battery my vette uses from the factory and i take my cabin air filter out every six months and clean it and change it about every year or so with no problem. If you google 35 series series for a 08 vette base Autozone Said this will not fit your 2008 corvette,others will say the same...The reason is the terminals are wrong.
I’m talking about using an Optima. We list group 85 as OEM @ Oreilly. Just to clarify. 👍
Old 03-14-2024, 01:45 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffs64
I’m talking about using an Optima. We list group 85 as OEM @ Oreilly. Just to clarify. 👍
I do not use the Optima battery and never will $$$$ and they don't last to long now days.I've never got a battery from O'reillys for my vette because they only have a two year warranty....
Old 03-14-2024, 02:31 PM
Vettelagged
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffs64
Thats real good our warranty starts on original purchase date. So if you warranty the battery 35 months after original purchase. the warranty ends at the end of 36 months. at Oreilly it would not give in affect 6 years. So that's a real good deal. I would clarify that warranty. Thanks Jeff
YES, you are 100% correct on the warranty from O'reilly. I used to manage one back in the day and they had pro rated warranties. Now they tell me it's a free replacement up to 36 months and new battery is covered up that original 36 months. My Interstate battery rep said if they warranty it, the new battery will start a new 36 month warranty. Their testing procedure is: completely charge battery, completely drain battery, completely charge again, remove surface charge and test. About a 3-5 day process. That's for an Optima, I'm not sure about the Interstate batteries, I didn't ask. But we use their 31-ECL commercial screw post batteries, they only have 1 year warranty and never had one come back.

But considering they are over 2 hours from me, it only makes sense for the Corvette. He comes by every 2 weeks and his delivery guy the following day. So for a daily driver it would make more sense to go the parts house route.

Being an independent distributor, they don't have to follow the corporate policies. It's a good selling point, but again, their warranty procedures are a bit excessive compared to the 18 year old working the counter at NAPA or O'reilly at 8pm

Quick Reply: C6 battery compatibility