C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Shops in Central Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 09:54 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Super6
Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. A special thanks to Howard at Redline for reaching out.
Hope we have been able to address your multiple e mails and as soon as your remaining parts are gathered we will get you on the schedule.

Thanks you

HT
Old 09-30-2021, 10:29 PM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
I am not sure of the specifics of your statement but we surely don't flat out ignore customers....we are a busy operation and often we spend a lot of time on the phone with customers or at the front counter. If you called 5 times in an hour I would hope you left a message. Regardless we do the best we can to respond to people. Many of our customers and potential customers get correspondence's from me at all hours of night...something most shops would never do.

HT
Yes i did leave 3 messages, in response to please leave a message prompts, initially than on 4 Th. an 5th i did not. What is the use. And that 3 messages were not returned that day , next day next week or next month, ever.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:41 PM
Uncle Creepy
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Fact

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
I am not sure of the specifics of your statement but we surely don't flat out ignore customers....we are a busy operation and often we spend a lot of time on the phone with customers or at the front counter. If you called 5 times in an hour I would hope you left a message. Regardless we do the best we can to respond to people. Many of our customers and potential customers get correspondence's from me at all hours of night...something most shops would never do.

HT
"Many of our customers and potential customers get correspondence's from me at all hours of night." I sent multiple emails & received a response straight away. I was going to ask Howard if he ever sleeps.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:26 PM
maj75
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

My Redline experience. A couple of years ago, I asked them to do a Delrin bushing and camber kit install on my C5 track car. They said they would order the parts and I paid up front for the parts. They said they would call me when the parts were in. I waited months and left messages, but got no call back. Finally I went back to the shop and asked what was going on. I was told that the camber kit hadn’t come in. I waited a few more months, hearing nothing. I went back in and asked what was going on. They had no answers. I said, give me the delrin bushings and refund me the cost of the camber kit. They got me the bushings (cheap powerflex poly bushings) and said they would mail a check. I said I would wait for a check. Got it and left.

Really bummed, because I had heard good thing about the shop. I’ve got a C6 I need work done but I’m hesitant to go back. I’m local and the other shop I relied on closed. I guess it will be Vette Xperts.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:58 AM
Triumph Jerry
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes Kent Eismann is a good guy, check out his website.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:42 PM
Super6
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Redline Motorsports will be doing the head swap as well as a cam change. I will be doing the CHE trunnion upgrade myself.

Thanks, Howard, for your attention to my questions.

Last edited by Super6; 10-12-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:38 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,090 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Super6

Redline Motorsports will be doing the head swap as well as a cam change. I will be doing the CHE trunnion upgrade myself.

Thanks, Howard, for your attention to my questions.
Good choice !
Old 10-12-2021, 11:18 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by maj75
My Redline experience. A couple of years ago, I asked them to do a Delrin bushing and camber kit install on my C5 track car. They said they would order the parts and I paid up front for the parts. They said they would call me when the parts were in. I waited months and left messages, but got no call back. Finally I went back to the shop and asked what was going on. I was told that the camber kit hadn’t come in. I waited a few more months, hearing nothing. I went back in and asked what was going on. They had no answers. I said, give me the delrin bushings and refund me the cost of the camber kit. They got me the bushings (cheap powerflex poly bushings) and said they would mail a check. I said I would wait for a check. Got it and left.

Really bummed, because I had heard good thing about the shop. I’ve got a C6 I need work done but I’m hesitant to go back. I’m local and the other shop I relied on closed. I guess it will be Vette Xperts.
Can’t help when suppliers can’t provide parts in a timely manner let alone at all. Thanks for your comments. Fortunately 30 plus years in business will continue to keep us forging forward. 9 years now in Florida and have watched 6 shops burn themselves down for crap work, screwing with people’s money and raw lack of knowledge. We continue to build our brand because we continue to evolve. Your situation has more to do with supply problem then you being wrongfully treated. Good luck with your adventures in South Florida!

Last edited by Redline Motorsports; 10-12-2021 at 11:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cal45 (10-12-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 05:18 PM
Al.B
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

We’ve all had a random bad experience at a good business. Random stuff happens. You can’t judge a business on a few negative comments. Redline seems to be one of the few serious race shops in florida. My experience with Redline was awesome. I got quick replys to my emails and good explanations to my questions. The price was competitive and I feel great about my overall experience with my c6z06 head fix/upgrade package. The work was also completed pretty fast. I’d surely return the next time I need some work done.

Last edited by Al.B; 10-15-2021 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:27 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Al.B
We’ve all had a random bad experience at a good business. Random stuff happens. You can’t judge a business on a few negative comments. Redline seems to be one of the few serious race shops in florida. My experience with Redline was awesome. I got quick replys to my emails and good explanations to my questions. The price was competitive and I feel great about my overall experience with my c6z06 head fix/upgrade package. The work was also completed pretty fast. I’d surely return the next time I need some work done.
Well said and I couldn't agree more with everything you mentioned.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:38 AM
4SMOKNU
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya I dropped my c7z to Howard yesterday for a phase 3. I’ve been screwed over many times before but Howard seems to be no BS just shoot it straight with what you want from a shop.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:21 AM
EnfieldJoe
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Maranello AutoSports in Eustis. He is reputable. Works on Exotics (Ferrari, Lambo, etc), but also does Corvettes.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:58 AM
Super6
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Redline Motorsports

I am the original poster of this thread. I found a great shop in Redline and found Howard to be great to work with. As a mechanical engineer, I assaulted Howard with questions and options. He answered my questions by email and on the phone, even on Sunday. The communication and workmanship were great. I have had my car back for quite a while and am thrilled with the performance. Howard picked just the right cam to give me the power and idle quality that I wanted. Redline installed RPM-supplied Frankenstein milled heads, Stage 2 cam, new lifters, pushrods and timing chain. They also did a dyno tune. With the stock intake, intake manifold and exhaust manifolds, the engine produced more than 530whp and 485 rwt. Great results! Needless to say, my next upgrade (a new clutch due to being a spaz) will be done at Redline Motorsports.
The following 3 users liked this post by Super6:
BigBlok502 (02-03-2022), sonicss33 (02-03-2022), sonik_fury (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 04:27 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 408 Likes on 306 Posts

They're a good shop, they've been around for a long long time for obvious reasons. Shops are usually busy, Howard is very fair with the amount of time he will spend with a customer IMO. Unfortunately covid has made modding a car a bit more of a nightmare, and a lot of people are blaming it on the shops. If you cant get parts, you cant get parts. Redline will have my business as long as I am in SE florida, even if I leave who knows. Car is going back soon for a new clutch master so I can beat on it and not feel bad about it.

Quick Reply: Performance Shops in Central Florida