C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin A/S tire shortage

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 12:41 AM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Default Michelin A/S tire shortage

This is a heads up for anyone looking forward to purchasing Michelin all season tires for their C6 coupe/convertible. During the pandemic Michelin tire production slowed to a near halt. Even sources like Tire Rack ran completely out in many sizes. Looking ahead to this coming winter I spoke with them today about replacing my Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3+ tires for Red, my 2007 vert. Michelin has discontinued the 3+ and will be replacing it with an All Season 4 run-flat. Tire Rack has the rears in stock, but they are estimating October before they can get fronts.

245/40ZR-18 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4 ZP RUN FLAT XL $249.72 ea 10/09/21
285/35ZR-19 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4 ZP RUN FLAT SL $336.99 ea In stock

The Michelin Pilot Sport ZP ultra high performance summer tires for the C6 coupe/convertible (not GS or Z06) are available in stock. I will need those to replace my Firestones, but not until next spring. Here in the St Louis area it gets far too cold in the winter to run summer tires safely.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:21 PM
MusicBiz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In June Tire Rack told me they were expecting the fronts in mid July - guess that's been pushed back. I like the all-season tires, gets me a few extra weeks of driving every year. I was able to find a full set of 3+ (days later, from Tire rack). Makes me wonder if there will even be an all-season option in a few years when I need to replace these.

Good luck - hope they come through soon for you.

Quick Reply: Michelin A/S tire shortage