C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices pre COVID

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 09:28 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
I’ll never understand why GM doesn’t offer adaptive cruise on the most expensive HD trucks you can buy. My Denali diesel has every option available but of course no adaptive cruise or lane assist.
The adaptive cruise control, if you ask me, is terrible. It is available with the "safety package" option. I wish my new 2021 Silverado didn't have it. The lane control garbage is also included in the "safety package". I turn it off always. I do however, LOVE the technology package which includes a wonderful "head up display"
Old 07-16-2021, 11:20 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

sorry just referring to the demand on the used car market. Don’t get me wrong it’s still out of control but the general educated consensus is that the peak was actually in may. It takes a bit for the it all to flow but I’m certainly seeing it sway in a positive direction. Slowly but surely. I’m sure the empty new car lots are a good reflection of the new car market. I haven’t even been looking there due to the low supply. I recently read the general consensus in that area is that new car supply won’t be at 2019 levels until around 2023!

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I hate to disagree (actually I don't care lol), but that's not been what I've been seeing in my search for a new family vehicle (different markets, I know).

New cars are selling for minimum 10k over MSRP. It's not uncommon to see new Yukon Denali’s and highnspec Tahoe listed for 30k over MSRP. Used stuff is often selling for 10s of thousands over MSRP if it's a year or two old. Stuff that's more used than that I've been looking at for me, prices are still climbing. Srt Jeeps and Durango, AMG GLs and MLs, they still keep climbing. Porsche 911s are climbing too. I will say the rate of climb has slowed, but they're still climbing pretty steadily. Prices for these things are up 15k since the beginning of the year.
Old 07-17-2021, 02:30 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTEVEGS
The adaptive cruise control, if you ask me, is terrible. It is available with the "safety package" option. I wish my new 2021 Silverado didn't have it. The lane control garbage is also included in the "safety package". I turn it off always. I do however, LOVE the technology package which includes a wonderful "head up display"
I love adaptive cruise control and it’s adjustable. Different strokes for different folks. The only thing I disable is the lane assist seat vibrator and alarm but it still pushes you back in your lane with no turn signal..
Old 07-17-2021, 09:28 AM
legacypgmr
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by schizcat
Depends on what you are buying. Most cars are selling at MSRP with little discounts (only military, USAA, etc.). Some dealers are marking them up significantly, others like Hendricks refuse to mark up new cars. MSRP on a car that has been on the lot for 8-10 months hasn't changed. Used cars are a different story. Everyone is marking them up left and right. The conundrum is do you sell what you have now for a potential "profit" and buy at MSRP or wait another 1-1.5 years and sell your car for a lower price just to get better discounts on a new car. If you have multiple cars, the decision can be easier to make.
Have you actually contacted Hendricks to price a new or used C8 ?
Old 07-17-2021, 12:19 PM
Nelag
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

agree on milage. i have a 2012 gs with 65,000 and driving them is the best you can do. majority hwy miles. looks and drives like new. just very minor paint
chips.
oil, tires, change brake fluid, new belts, wipe blades, 1 mag shock, org brakes yet. only expenses

Quick Reply: Prices pre COVID