C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway MPG

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 11:16 AM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts

when i picked up my car and drove it home the first day, i ran it 65mph on the freeway on a level section of the road
( I-80 through Dixon, Ca. ). displayed showed 34mpg. over the 4 years of ownership, i'll get around 14-15mpg combined.
a road trip 3 years ago ( 5.5k miles 0ver 9 days ) netted a 29.2mpg. this was with A/C on and, about 95% of the miles being freeway miles ( 75-80mpg ). i was routinely getting readings of over a 500 mile range. day to day driving is more like a 300 mile range.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:05 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,261 Likes on 921 Posts

On my 2007 the most I have ever seen id 30 to 33 with longitudes, cold air and high flow cats through a Borla cat back. Now this was at 70 to 80 MPH over a 200 mile run.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:52 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Some years ago when I drove from Ossining NY to St Louis MO with my newly installed Edelbrock E-Force supercharger, my 2007 A6 "Red" indicated an average of 37 mpg over the roughly 1,000 miles of interstate. I questioned that at the time, but it turns out that under those conditions supercharging actually does significantly improve mileage. YMMV.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Kibitzer
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The LS3 is also great; had it for a year and a half now, and I'm impressed.

Last summer I had a 2100+ miles road trip across Europe, and got curious to measure the fuel economy at the end; the trip was mainly on the motorway, always around 80 MPH (a bit more in Germany), but it also involved climbing passes in the Alps, some backroads fun, and a few full days in traffic in some Italian cities; the whole trip was so pleasant that I never gave a thought about fuel economy.

At the end of the trip I went through the receipts, and I verified that the total amount was 92 gallons, for an average of 23 MPG; considering that the cost of fuel around these parts, it was quite a nice surprise

What a perfect road trip car. Can't wait to repeat the experience this year
Old 03-10-2021, 06:41 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 383 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by DerrickW
I wasn't really referring to overall mileage, I'm no fool and obviously this car is not going to get 40 mpg in the aggregate. I was specifically referring to this one stretch of driving and just wondering if its within the realm of possibility that we really can see such numbers.

For years I've clipped and stored my armpit hair and eventually had enough saved up to knit a generous-sized quilt which I sent to freezing kids in Ukraine the very day after I sent all that food I wasn't eating to starving kids in China.
i just got a box of food from kids in China....funny how things change

Clif
The following users liked this post:
jimijam (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 06:48 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts

I wasn't really referring to overall mileage, I'm no fool and obviously this car is not going to get 40 mpg in the aggregate. I was specifically referring to this one stretch of driving and just wondering if its within the realm of possibility that we really can see such numbers.

For years I've clipped and stored my armpit hair and eventually had enough saved up to knit a generous-sized quilt which I sent to freezing kids in Ukraine the very day after I sent all that food I wasn't eating to starving kids in China.
based on what i've experienced and, what others have supplied, i feel safe in saying 34-35mpg ( +/- 65mph ) is probably the max rate. anything beyond that at freeway speed, would indicate to me that, you are going slightly downhill. the best i've seen for what i feel is level ground ( again at freeway speed ), has been 34mpg.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:53 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by C6ToGo
Really?......Armpit hair prevents skin-to-skin contact when doing certain activities, such as running and walking.

The same thing happens with
pubic hair, as it reduces friction during sex and other activities
Thank you, Dr. Seuss. It's good to know you have a medical practice to fall back on now that the Cancel Culture has ruined your life as a writer of children's books.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:05 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,817 Likes on 676 Posts

I know Corvette owners are generally decent upstanding citizens (allowing for the occasional moron) but I had no idea we have such a humanitarian in our midst. Well done 👍
Old 03-10-2021, 08:30 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by astepup
I know Corvette owners are generally decent upstanding citizens (allowing for the occasional moron) but I had no idea we have such a humanitarian in our midst. Well done 👍
I think you used the wrong word...he is not a humanitarian...he is a humanhairian, one of many whom have accepted the challenge to utilize the most personal resource available in an effort to serve the needs of those less fortunate. I move we nominate him for an Emmy for the work he has done on this media site, and for the Nobel prize for his humanhairian service.

What I really want to know is how he is enjoying his new ride...

Last edited by buckmeister2; 03-10-2021 at 08:31 PM.
astepup (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 08:01 AM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,126 Likes on 699 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Thank you, Dr. Seuss. It's good to know you have a medical practice to fall back on now that the Cancel Culture has ruined your life as a writer of children's books.
No....I haven't given up on writing books. The working title on my next one is..."PUBIC HAIR - Everything you need to know". Still deciding if it will be a children's book or not.
buckmeister2 (03-11-2021)

Quick Reply: Highway MPG