C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pana-View or Blindspot Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 11:49 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

OIC. I though we were just talking about the left mirror like the one I got from SandyEggo. My bad.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:52 PM
Zapp Brannigan
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jimijam
You had me at "hello", but lost me here. I don't think my Vette has ever been the right lane of a two or more lane road/highway/freeway/interstate/turnpike unless I was turning right or exiting. I'm the guy in the left lane that passes everyone and refuses to be passed. Suprisingly, I've been ticket free for a good while now. But seriously, I cannot recally when the last time I've gone across state or farther and been passed. It's just something my religion does not allow. Some would say I drive it like I stole it.
You just jinxed yourself. You have to go out and do three clockwise donuts while spitting out the window.
The following users liked this post:
Fast Dawg (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 12:08 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,846 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Have you ever driven a Vert ? or a C7 for that matter?
Have you missed the fact over the past 5 years that my C6 is a vert? Haven't driven a C7 because I hit my head on the roof of every model, but this is the C6 forum.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:05 AM
vetteJPJ
Burning Brakes

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by jimijam
You had me at "hello", but lost me here. I don't think my Vette has ever been the right lane of a two or more lane road/highway/freeway/interstate/turnpike unless I was turning right or exiting. I'm the guy in the left lane that passes everyone and refuses to be passed. Suprisingly, I've been ticket free for a good while now. But seriously, I cannot recally when the last time I've gone across state or farther and been passed. It's just something my religion does not allow. Some would say I drive it like I stole it.
Well then just remove all rear view mirrors! Car will look more sleek, and your windshield view will be better too! The only reason for rear view mirrors is to watch the guy you blew away crying...
Old 12-10-2020, 10:36 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

^ zactly
Old 12-13-2020, 01:15 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 921 Likes on 578 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by vetteJPJ
Well then just remove all rear view mirrors! Car will look more sleek, and your windshield view will be better too! The only reason for rear view mirrors is to watch the guy you blew away crying...
Old 12-13-2020, 08:52 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

I’ve never shoulder checked on any car I’ve ever driven, and I’ve taught all of my kids this same way my dad taught me in the mid 80s. I was taught you never need to see the side of your car because....well because you already know it’s there. I adjust my side mirrors about half out away from center as he does in the video, but I always lean forward to check my side mirrors. That eliminates any blind spot. No dumb head over my shoulders, turning my head lol.
The following users liked this post:
Fast Dawg (12-14-2020)

Quick Reply: Pana-View or Blindspot Mirror