C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 04:39 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Power Seat Question

I have already done some searching... and I still have a question. Base coupe, basic power driver seat.

The power seat has quit working, so logically, I checked the fuse panel first. Smart,right? Easy to reach (sorta) and fix.

I remove what appears to be a circuit breaker! Part number 12182117... According to GM Parts Direct, this part does not fit my Corvette, but it does fit a Caddy XLR!

Did some tech drop a breaker in there to "fix" a power seat problem, vs actually FIXING a power seat problem?
Old 06-12-2020, 08:17 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Photo would help, but chances are the power seat module connector under the seat has a broken wire right at the power connector.

Amazon Amazon

Old 06-13-2020, 11:37 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree... it most likely isn't the "fuse", but call me thorough.

I am going to check the wiring this morning. Some of the tales I have read of wires breaking, connectors failing, wires being worn down... really is kinda troubling.

I finally checked my Helm manual and it confirmed that it should be a breaker... but the part suppliers are not all that confident of same... Perhaps it was done as a TSB and never caught up?

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:14 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Its not hard to reach under the seat to feel the wires at the connector, to check them before you even pull the seat.

I bring this up, since most of the time you can play with the connector at the wires to get them to reconnect for a couple of second, to use the button to get the seat up far enough so you can get to the rear bolts on the seat to remove it.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Seat Question

Quick Reply: Power Seat Question