C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 corvette no audio

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 10:34 PM
Joey Hoffman
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 corvette no audio

I had a pioneer head unit and reverse cam installed about a month and a half ago. Recently I hardwired a dashcam through the interior fuse box. It's been about 3 weeks or so. But today the audio went out completely. I have tried the radio and Bluetooth. I can see and confirm that a song is indeed playing but nothing. I have checked the j fuse outside and the radio fuse inside and any other fuse I thought might be it but they are all fine. I'm not sure if I have bose speakers but I don't think I have a bose amp. From what I have read online and in forums, using the process of elimination it's lead me to the amp under the floorboard being a dud. Anyone got an idea? C6 2013 corvette.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:35 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,182 Posts

If you have the bose amp in the car, will see Bose on the door panels by the speakers.

As for bose amp (if you do have bose in the car) fuse, it #31, 30 amp fuse in the engine fuse block (under the hood), which protects not only the Bose amp in the passenger foot well, but the thumper speaker amps in the doors as well.

Also, since the radio is driving speaker power into the Bose amp as its inputs, you can pull the connector on the bose amp to make sure that the problem is at the Bose amp with it receiving speaker power, and not back at the radio just being muted instead.

Last edited by Dano523; 06-06-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:47 AM
candlemuse
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use some kind of interface and wiring harnesses to retain audio alerts and beeps designed for GM class II ?
If so you need to check that too and if there is an external power amp wire , that needs to be checked too.
Just for your information there is a member with the following website.
He is extremely knowledgeable and a very good man . He probably would have an answer for you.
Good Luck
http://www.kawal.net/vettemods.htm

Old 06-06-2020, 04:15 AM
Joey Hoffman
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
If you have the bose amp in the car, will see Bose on the door panels by the speakers.

As for bose amp (if you do have bose in the car) fuse, it #31, 30 amp fuse in the engine fuse block (under the hood), which protects not only the Bose amp in the passenger foot well, but the thumper speaker amps in the doors as well.

Also, since the radio is driving speaker power into the Bose amp as its inputs, you can pull the connector on the bose amp to make sure that the problem is at the Bose amp with it receiving speaker power, and not back at the radio just being muted instead.
Just looked, I do not have any bose logos so it's just a basic amp. The radio has power and at least seems to pick up and play bluetooth audio. Just the car plays no audio. I have checked the fuses a few times, they look great. I don't know what it could be.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:13 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey Hoffman
Just looked, I do not have any bose logos so it's just a basic amp. The radio has power and at least seems to pick up and play bluetooth audio. Just the car plays no audio. I have checked the fuses a few times, they look great. I don't know what it could be.

If the amp is in good working condition and all the fuses are good, then the issue is the amp is not receiving the signal to turn on. From the head unit, there is a blue with white stripe wire. That wire sends a signal to the amp to turn on. You may need to check behind the head unit to see if it is connected properly. There should be a connection from the head unit to which ever interface was used to wire the head unit to the car.

To troubleshoot, others that have connected new head units and forgot to connect the blue/white wire, have said that pressing the OnStar button would turn the amp back on and get the sound back. You can try that while your head unit is on to troubleshoot the amp and make sure your amp is working properly. If the amp turns on and you get your sound back , that means that the amp and all the related fuses are good and that the issue is most likely with the amp turn on wire.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 corvette no audio

Quick Reply: C6 corvette no audio