C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time out today.....and tailgated by

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 08:38 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovheros
OldCarBum, was tiring to chime in and b cool but got the crap beat out of him.
The internet will make a man of him yet...
Old 05-19-2020, 09:04 PM
Mike44665
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

My $0.02.......
You never know who's packing or how low their threshold is when its time to pull the trigger.

The following users liked this post:
tabing (05-20-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 10:29 PM
Raulito800's
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's 2 cents.... I read through some of the owner's manual in my C6Z and Chevy says if you want to pass some one to flash the high beams like once to let them know you wish to pass them. Tailgating isn't what they recommended as A method to pass people. My car is in the shop so I can't snap a pic of this page from the owner's manual at the moment.

I like when there are roads with signs that tell the slower traffic to keep to the right or let faster traffic pass, it reminds people to share the road.

I understand that everybody has a right to freedom of expression but I feel like the middle finger may be unnecessary. These are fun cars and we all know that, therefore we shouldn't act too surprised if someone wants to see you go FULL SEND MODE

Old 05-20-2020, 07:36 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

A simple splice job in the brake light circuit and a push button. Push it and light up your brake lights without actually slowing down. You'll love watching the panic.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroRod
A simple splice job in the brake light circuit and a push button. Push it and light up your brake lights without actually slowing down. You'll love watching the panic.
Flipping your park lights on usually has the same effect and a lot less effort.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:43 AM
trebor8008
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

After reading all the above replies I had to laugh. Why are we so butthurt when some one gives us the bird or slow down. I do it, I get it done to me. Big deal. I would have done exactly what the OP did on some days. On other days I'd laugh, wave and give the Vette some gas. Sometimes I'll be driving and see some jackwagon driving like an idiot and get pissed at them. But I'm sure at one point I was the idiot that someone else saw. When there is no/little accountability for our actions nowadays it's easy to be overconfident/overcautious. Lots of troubled people out there. Be safe!

Last edited by trebor8008; 05-20-2020 at 08:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
LS1AB (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 09:01 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by trebor8008
After reading all the above replies I had to laugh. Why are we so butthurt when some one gives us the bird or slow down. I do it, I get it done to me. Big deal. I would have done exactly what the OP did on some days. On other days I'd laugh, wave and give the Vette some gas. Sometimes I'll be driving and see some jackwagon driving like an idiot and get pissed at them. But I'm sure at one point I was the idiot that someone else saw. When there is no/little accountability for our actions nowadays it's easy to be overconfident/overcautious. Lots of troubled people out there. Be safe!
There are some whacko’s out there. People get shot for the stupidest things.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:28 PM
HobbesTiger
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 123 Posts

Whenever someone pulls alongside at a light and revs at me or tries to goad me into racing, I take it as a compliment and usually smile and wave. I'll only take the bait if it's safe and the car is worthy. And that is very rare. Usually it's some kid in a WRX, Civic SI, Focus RS, etc.

Worst embarrassment I've suffered was a 30-something in an LFA that I mistook for an RC. He walked me pretty bad.

Last edited by HobbesTiger; 05-20-2020 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:49 AM
L98IROCZ89
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by lakecat
A young dude in a hopped up beater Oldsmobile....sigh Got this 07 in January...right before the Covid-19 crap....and just have had terrible weather in Ohio. So I finally get her out today and not two miles down the road, this ******* comes up...right on my tail....revving the motor. Had the top down so I raise my finger in salute and slow down to fifteen mph....so....he beeps horn and floors it around me as he returns the salute. I just shook my head.

But about a mile and half up the road, I see blue lights and as I got closer.....yep....there's the *** talking to a cop. Thank you karma!...lol
It is amazing to me that apparently, simply being in a Corvette seems to be an open invitation to everyone else to try and race and/or get aggressive.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:42 PM
VINAL13
Pro

Received 351 Likes on 205 Posts

Brake testing or finger flipping a tail gator is asking for trouble, you now become the ignorant moron. The BEST and safest option is to IGNORE the ignorant one, maintain safe / legal speed and hopefully they will get the hint and go around you.
Maintain eye contact to the front and the road ahead, refrain from the casual glance over or facial gesture as the ignorant moron passes you. Practice - IGNORING the Ignorant!
Old 05-29-2020, 10:29 PM
balljointnut
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I find this tends to happen regardless of the vehicle I am driving. Some of you are too sensitive. Regardless, just ignore them. In AZ where I am people were just hauling *** on the freeway while we were locked up. Now they are still trying to do it

Quick Reply: First time out today.....and tailgated by