C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to VetteLights (forum sponsor)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 10:52 AM
C5forGreg
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 144 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
C6 of Year Winner (stock) 2019
Default Kudos to VetteLights (forum sponsor)

I just wanted to give a shout out to VetteLights for their responsiveness and support. Every company should put customer service as a high priority. But there was recently a thread here complaining about a certain forum sponsor, and another forum sponsor chimed in to point out how their only accountability to the site and the members is to pay their sponsor fees. I'm not going to name them because I'm not trying to trash anyone, but I do appreciate my recent dealings with VetteLights. I decided to upgrade my headlights and ordered a set from VetteLights and they were shipped the day I paid for them. When they arrived, I decided to go ahead and order some LED fog lights and tail lights as well. I was informed they were in stock and would ship out that day. Very late in the day, they called me to let me know the tail lights I wanted were actually not in stock and apologized and even offered to cancel my order if I wanted. I decided to wait in the tail lights until they are in stock, so the fog lights were shipped immediately. Everyone reacts differently, but if this weren't handled as well, I'd have probably gotten upset and cancelled my order and looked elsewhere. I suspect they treat every customer this way, not just forum members, but it's the way things should be done. I won't hesitate to order from them again or recommend them to someone else.
The following 2 users liked this post by C5forGreg:
2008 Corvette (02-17-2020), dkpnkc (02-19-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 11:39 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,634 Likes on 1,119 Posts

I agree that there are some good forum vendors on the forum. There are also and have been some bad ones. I have had experience with both. Kudos to those that know how to properly run a company and treat their customers. Customers are not always right, but honest communication always goes a long way to being on the correct side of right and wrong.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:52 AM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,120 Likes on 765 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I agree with your assessment of VetteLights as I too have had a great experience dealing with them, when I had concerns or questions while installing my headlights Cole was very quick to answer my questions and help in any way he could. Will definitely deal with them in the future.

I also agree that there are some great forum vendors on here as well as some not so great, and yes as stated above I have dealt with both.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:47 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Cole is freaking awesome. He's always been super helpful and accommodating to what I would want (including custom stuff by request). Can't praise Vette Lights enough.

Last edited by Frankie15; 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:58 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Cole is a class act and a pleasure to do business with.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:40 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,894 Likes on 4,284 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Frankie15
Cole is freaking awesome. He's always been super helpful and accommodating to what I would want (including custom stuff by request). Can't praise Vette Lights enough.
Bought a set of Morimoto headlights & had an issue with the gaskets peeling away from the lenses. He took them back & refunded my money no questions asked. Even sent me a postage paid return label. I’ve since purchased another set after he let me know Morimoto addressed the gasket issue. I also have the Morimoto dark smoke tail lights & ghosted Oracle side markers - all from Vette Lights.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:52 AM
C5forGreg
Pro

Originally Posted by JABCAT
I also have the Morimoto dark smoke tail lights & ghosted Oracle side markers - all from Vette Lights.
I'm expecting my fogs today and waiting on the dark smoke tails as well. Hopefully they'll be in this week and I'll get them early next week. I'm currently considering the oracle side markers.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:33 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JABCAT
Bought a set of Morimoto headlights & had an issue with the gaskets peeling away from the lenses. He took them back & refunded my money no questions asked. Even sent me a postage paid return label. I’ve since purchased another set after he let me know Morimoto addressed the gasket issue. I also have the Morimoto dark smoke tail lights & ghosted Oracle side markers - all from Vette Lights.
Yep, he's great! I have the dark tint eagle eyes from him and wanted to get my third brake light and side markers in the same dark tint. I know I could just bring them to a local body shop, but I wanted the exact same process done. Plus, I knew the quality would be great coming from Cole. He gave me the address to ship them to and did a fantastic job on both.

Also have the high powered LED fogs from him and carbon fiber license plate frame. All quality stuff.

He's always been quick to respond to all my inquiries. Always very detailed and patient. Honestly couldn't ask for a better vendor from these forums.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:35 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Agree, communication is the Key to a successful customer service experience. The ones that fail are the ones that just ignore your messages, emails and voice mails. That drives me nuts. All it takes is a little communication.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:02 AM
twinarrow99
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BluegrassMotorsport
Cole is a class act and a pleasure to do business with.
Absolutely agree. Cole is very responsive, and great to do business with!!
Old 02-19-2020, 08:43 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Received 543 Likes on 380 Posts

1. Appreciate all the kind words, guys! Ensuring the best experience possible for everyone will forever remain a priority. As others have said, there are good vendors and “less than good” vendors and we take pride in staying on the good vendor list since a bad experience elsewhere near a decade ago now is what prompted the need for something better - Vette Lights!
As a fellow forum member for well over a decade now, I always make sure that we are taking good care of forum members with exclusive savings sitewide - that said, all customers receive the same top notch service regardless of being a member or not. Any time a new squeak or rattle comes up, the forum is, and has been for awhile, the first stop for help and I initiated the forum member discount as a way of giving back for all of the years of helpful posts! It is always an awesome feeling knowing that we are part of and have helped so many fellow vetters get their build exactly how they want it.

2. Still can’t believe that I specifically said we had the painted set in the desired finish on hand and completely lied about that on accident... again, my apologies for my confusion on that!! They should be back from paint this Friday and will head your way Monday!

Last edited by VetteLights; 02-19-2020 at 08:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Frankie15 (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 10:12 AM
C5forGreg
Pro

Originally Posted by VetteLights
Still can’t believe that I specifically said we had the painted set in the desired finish on hand and completely lied about that on accident... again, my apologies for my confusion on that!! They should be back from paint this Friday and will head your way Monday!
Cole, I didn't use the word "lie" and you shouldn't either. You were mistaken and it happens. Taking the time, very late in your day on a Friday, to call me to let me know made all the difference. As I've said in other threads, I'd rather have it right than have it fast. Good thing is, they are a quick swap when they do get here. I've got my C7 style headlights installed and worked on aligning them last night while I was down there installing the new LED fog lights - Wow! those fogs - so bright and white compared to the dull, almost yellow, look of the stock bulbs. I will, no doubt, get a lot of interest in the lights the next time my club has an outdoor event and I'll be sure to send anyone interested your way. Nice touch with the bottle opener key chain with the fogs too - will put it to good use.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C5forGreg
Cole, I didn't use the word "lie" and you shouldn't either. You were mistaken and it happens. Taking the time, very late in your day on a Friday, to call me to let me know made all the difference. As I've said in other threads, I'd rather have it right than have it fast. Good thing is, they are a quick swap when they do get here. I've got my C7 style headlights installed and worked on aligning them last night while I was down there installing the new LED fog lights - Wow! those fogs - so bright and white compared to the dull, almost yellow, look of the stock bulbs. I will, no doubt, get a lot of interest in the lights the next time my club has an outdoor event and I'll be sure to send anyone interested your way. Nice touch with the bottle opener key chain with the fogs too - will put it to good use.
Did you get the high powered LED fog lights or the Morimoto LEDs? I have the high powered LED fogs from Cole and they are super bright. Definitely a huge upgrade over stock and matches the Morimoto headlights quite a bit better than stock. Much better.

Last edited by Frankie15; 02-19-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:24 AM
C5forGreg
Pro

Originally Posted by Frankie15
Did you get the high powered LED fog lights or the Morimoto LEDs? I have the high powered LED fogs from Cole and they are super bright. Definitely a huge upgrade over stock and matches the Morimoto headlights quite a bit better than stock. Much better.
I just went with the high powered LED's - I'm okay with the stock fog appearance but the bulbs themselves have always been dim and yellow looking and I didn't like that. I love the look, function, and fit of the Morimoto headlights but the light output, I have to admit, is less than that of the OEM HID's. But pop those bright fogs on and they fill the gaps nicely. I rarely drive with brights on - I usually drive at night with low beams and fogs (some refer to as driving lights). Then again, I don't do a heck of a lot of driving at night anyway.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:54 AM
Legend Rider
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My experience with VetteLights has been

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos to VetteLights (forum sponsor)

Quick Reply: Kudos to VetteLights (forum sponsor)